What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

replied on 24/02/2017 10:22

Posted on 24/02/2017 10:22

When they reduce the delivery fee, it comes out of our earnings and not the company profits. Thats where it gets unfair. If they want to give the customer a better deal, they should reduce the cost of the food, not our delivery fee. They buy the food from the restaurant at the restaurant price and then charge the customer a higher price per item thereby ensuring a large profit for themselves. The bigger the order, the more profit they get because they profit on each item of food sold.

When I complained to the chief boss, he just said to me that looking at the total delivery fees that I was paid last month, I was earning more money than he was! So I told him how much I had to pay out in fuel and car repair costs. 

cyberyacht replied on 24/02/2017 10:29

Posted on 23/02/2017 18:52 by triky auto

surprised You're lucky .!! Here in Faversham at the boatyard ,Ive' had one of my residents boats on the hard for winter  unfurl the 'jib' and it's pulled it off the sleepers onto it's bilge keels  and nose down .undecided. !! I had to cut free the 'jib sheets' and re-furl the sail .Tomorrow when/if the wind (then about 80mph) dies down ,a bit of cranage required to put it back !!yell.BUT,,, I'm away for the week-end ,so my 'opo' will be dealing with it .Ho Hum,,It's all sent to try us !! wink.

Posted on 24/02/2017 10:29

I always used to put a lashing round the headsail rather than rely on the roller drum to stop it unfurling. I've seen too many sails thrashing themselves to bits on moorings. I'm surprised that sails aren't removed for winter lay-up though. Part of the yard requirements at my club down here.

Yertiz replied on 24/02/2017 10:36

Posted on 24/02/2017 10:36

Malc, just to quote you

Yes, I'm a lot happier now that my hours are shorter and I get one day off per week. Previously, what I didn't like is having to work up to 11 p.m. every night without any days off. A 7 hour day plus one day off is much more easily manageable.

As SteveL has already mentioned the tide is already turning and it's only been a few days since the "NEW" working hours were agreed.

Don't think it will be too long before you're back to square oneundecided

I bet when you were working in China you never envisaged the current situation at all??

Glad you've arrived safely at Redhill.smile

IanH replied on 24/02/2017 10:42

Posted on 24/02/2017 10:42

So Malcolm, you asked them to increase the delivery fee to £3.50 and your employer agreed to that. But he didn't do it.

Then he reduced the fee on some days.

Good boss you have there Malcolm!

What does it say the fee is in your contract with him?

I see you hope to reach the £18,600 earnings figure. You get £140/week state pension (£7280/year) and £50/month private pension (£600/year) so that must mean that you hope to be paid at least £10,720 by your slave master employer.

Does that cover the cost of buying the extra car, insuring it, taxing it, fuel for it, servicing it? Plus all the repairs you had done on the Shogun while wearing it out?

How much wage does that leave for the two of you, working about 2500 hours per year each?

Goldie146 replied on 24/02/2017 11:02

Posted on 24/02/2017 11:02

Opening post this morning - quite good and not as good.

Car service cost less than I thought (still plenty though!)

Water bill - ouch! I had forgotten how much water cows drink when they're housed in winter. I had to get out the equivalent quarter bill for last year to convince myself it was right.

ABM replied on 24/02/2017 12:47

Posted on 24/02/2017 12:47

Sitting  here  watching  the  rain  lashing  down  --  just  showers  but  Hecky Thump  they  are  driving  straight  onto  my  window,  making  a  right  racket  surprised  Must  venture  out  later,  so  it  will  be  waterproof  with  hood  &  a  scarf  or  two ( really  must  get  used  to  this  after  having  the  Spring  Shearing  &  Beard  Trim )

Hoping  to  see  your  'Ladies'  at  the  T.V.  show  on  Monday  Goldie  but  an  extraction  at  dentists  1:15  so  it  might  be  a  bit  on  the  tight  side  !! 

replied on 24/02/2017 13:04

Posted on 24/02/2017 10:42 by IanH

So Malcolm, you asked them to increase the delivery fee to £3.50 and your employer agreed to that. But he didn't do it.

Then he reduced the fee on some days.

Good boss you have there Malcolm!

What does it say the fee is in your contract with him?

I see you hope to reach the £18,600 earnings figure. You get £140/week state pension (£7280/year) and £50/month private pension (£600/year) so that must mean that you hope to be paid at least £10,720 by your slave master employer.

Does that cover the cost of buying the extra car, insuring it, taxing it, fuel for it, servicing it? Plus all the repairs you had done on the Shogun while wearing it out?

How much wage does that leave for the two of you, working about 2500 hours per year each?

Posted on 24/02/2017 13:04

No, it doesn't cover the cost of repairs to the Shogun. 

KjellNN replied on 24/02/2017 13:13

Posted on 24/02/2017 13:02 by

No, not yet. So can't put the awning up. Just one pole missing.

Posted on 24/02/2017 13:13

If you cannot find the missing pole amongst your kit, perhaps it is lying hidden in the grass at your previous site?

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook