What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

KjellNN replied on 24/02/2017 17:15

Posted on 24/02/2017 13:52 by

We searched thoroughly before leaving and couldn't find it. It looks like we might have to buy a new awning. We're planning on an inflatable air awning.

Posted on 24/02/2017 17:15

Is that not a rather drastic solution?

The pole cannot have disappeared into thin air, it must be lying somewhere.

Lots of caravan or accessory places sell spare poles, so you should be able to pick one up fairly easily if necessary.

Meantime I endorse the broom handle idea, Wilkos have decent wooden ones.

I know this as last year when we went away in September we decided to only take our Fiamma canopy plus one side piece.  After carefully checking I had packed the correct side, I discovered on arrival at our second site (The Firs near Belper) that i had packed one wrong pole, the poles are handed.

So I had to make one that fitted using a broom handle, otherwise we would not have been able  to use the side panel.

BTW.....approach the site warden, quite often they accumulate an assortment of awning bits, they just might have a pole that would fit, or could be cut to fit, worth asking.

They will also be able to direct you to the nearest place to buy a pole.

IanH replied on 24/02/2017 17:21

Posted on 24/02/2017 13:04 by

No, it doesn't cover the cost of repairs to the Shogun. 

Posted on 24/02/2017 17:21

So, you have been working at a loss and would have been better off not working then?

Tammygirl replied on 24/02/2017 17:26

Posted on 24/02/2017 17:26

All very good sound advice there Malcolm, not that you will take any notice will you. Buying a new awning just because you've misplaced a pole is madness, can't you use 1 of the poles from an annex that you have and just don't put the annex up?

Dull day here today and pretty cold too, drizzle on and off ugh!  Went to hairdresser today, nice and short now ready for next weeks holiday.

replied on 24/02/2017 17:47

Posted on 24/02/2017 17:21 by IanH

So, you have been working at a loss and would have been better off not working then?

Posted on 24/02/2017 17:47

I think Malcolm is concerned to have enough income on paper with regard to visa requirements

Bakers2 replied on 24/02/2017 17:55

Posted on 24/02/2017 17:55

Been a lovely day here

Dried two lots of washing,  smells lovely. Walked and got what I needed in town and bits for mum. Weighd more than I bargained on and I really noticed it on the long slow slight incline home! Also bought new duvet cover for motorhome from wilko after reading comments on here, change is as good as a rest.

Swept up the leaves from patio and side of the house and cleared the channel under the grating, plenty of leaves in there. Then raked over all the grass filled half a brown bin and have achy shoulders. Must have burnt a few calories.......

Malcolm as usual you are getting plenty of good advice on here. I sometimes wonder if you are your own worst enemy? You have a serious health scare, reduce your hours only to do more when asked and now we learn even more and sometimes your delivery fee is reduced 😣. From the difficulties your boss has getting staff you are in a perfect position to dictate your terms and I'd refuse to deliver if boss doesn't give you full agreed rate, his name gets blackened. It saddens me greatly what impression your wife is getting of employment and life in the UK.  Still I'll comment no more.

HelenandTrevor replied on 24/02/2017 19:10

Posted on 24/02/2017 19:10

Travelled to Ferry Meadows site, uneventful journey, was given a CAMC "Goodie Bag" when checking in  . Lovely walk round the park, sun shining. Looking forward to the rest of the weekend smile

Hope you can find a replacement awning pole Malcolm.  

IanH replied on 24/02/2017 19:26

Posted on 24/02/2017 17:47 by

I think Malcolm is concerned to have enough income on paper with regard to visa requirements

Posted on 24/02/2017 19:26

That may well be the case.

Here is an abstract of the sort of information required in order to demonstrate your income as a self-employed person who is able to support someone from over-seas:

7. In respect of self-employment in the UK as a partner, as a sole trader or in a franchise all of the following must be provided:
(a) Evidence of the amount of tax payable, paid and unpaid for the last full financial year.
(b) The following documents for the last full financial year, or for the last two such years (where those documents show the necessary level of gross profit as an average of those two years):
(i) annual self-assessment tax return to HMRC (a copy or print-out); and
(ii) Statement of Account (SA300 or SA302).
(c) Proof of registration with HMRC as self-employed if available.
(d) Each partner’s Unique Tax Reference Number (UTR) and/or the UTR of the partnership or business.
(e) Where the person holds or held a separate business bank account(s), bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return(s).
(f) personal bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return(s) showing that the income from self-employment has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
(g) Evidence of ongoing self-employment through the provision of at least one of the following: a bank statement dated no more than three months earlier than the date of application showing transactions relating to ongoing trading, or evidence dated no more than three months earlier than the date of application of the renewal of a licence to trade or of ongoing payment of business rates, business-related insurance premiums, employer National Insurance contributions or franchise payments to the parent company.
(h) One of the following documents must also be submitted:
(i) (aa) If the business is required to produce annual audited accounts, such accounts for the last full financial year; or
(bb) If the business is not required to produce annual audited accounts, unaudited accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006) or who is a member of the Institute of Financial Accountants;
(ii) A certificate of VAT registration and the VAT return for the last full financial year (a copy or print-out) confirming the VAT registration number, if turnover is in excess of £79,000 or was in excess of the threshold which applied during the last full financial year;
(iii) Evidence to show appropriate planning permission or local planning authority consent is held to operate the type/class of business at the trading address (where this is a local authority requirement); or
(iv) A franchise agreement signed by both parties.
(i) The document referred to in paragraph 7(h)(iv) must be provided if the organisation is a franchise.
8. In respect of self-employment outside of the UK, evidence should be a reasonable equivalent to that set out in paragraph 7.
8A. In respect of prospective self-employment in the UK (for an applicant’s partner or parent’s partner who, in respect of paragraph E-ECP.3.2.(a) or E-ECC.2.2.(a) of Appendix FM, is in self-employment outside the UK at the date of application and is returning to the UK to continue that self-employment), one of the following must be provided, with a starting date within three months of the person’s return to the UK:
(a) An application to the appropriate authority for a licence to trade;
(b) Details of the purchase or rental of business premises;
(c) A signed employment contract or a signed contract for the provision of services; or
(d) A partnership or franchise agreement signed by the relevant parties to the agreement.

Bakers2 replied on 24/02/2017 19:32

Posted on 24/02/2017 19:10 by HelenandTrevor

Travelled to Ferry Meadows site, uneventful journey, was given a CAMC "Goodie Bag" when checking in  . Lovely walk round the park, sun shining. Looking forward to the rest of the weekend smile

Hope you can find a replacement awning pole Malcolm.  

Posted on 24/02/2017 19:32

Come on spill the beans - what's in the goody bag???

Have a great weekend smile

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook