What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

ADD46 replied on 15/08/2018 21:26

Posted on 15/08/2018 21:26

If you are interested we have a set that we bought that don't fit our car, it is a Titanium but it also has the sport pack on it too.

Tammygirl - I wish we'd seen your post three hours ago. Thank you for the offer but we've struck a deal with the service manager where we're buying the car from and for a reduced price they're fitting rear mud flaps before we pick the car up on Saturday. The deal also involves chocolate  M&S biscuits! 😊

We're up in Northumberland in September so we'll need them. 

Takethedogalong replied on 15/08/2018 21:46

Posted on 15/08/2018 21:46

Last night away this tour for us. We are on a lovely CL in Richmond, having travelled as far up as Scottish Borders, lots of Northumberland, Hadrian's Wall across to Brampton, then home across North Pennines AONB, Teesdale and finally back into Yorkshire! Had some lovely weather, bit of rain last couple of days, but seen some great places, lots of history and some friendly folks! 

nelliethehooker replied on 15/08/2018 22:05

Posted on 15/08/2018 22:05

Sorry to hear your bad news, B2 & WN, and about the your dog too, H&T. Hope that he soon recovers.

Glad that both you, OP and WN have found spaces on CLs in the areas you want to visit.

Good to hear that your builders have completed their work, brue. Wish I could say the same about those that have been working next door to us . By the time we get home they will have been building an extension and other goundwork for the last 5 months, and I very much doubt that they'll be anywhere near complete then.

This is our last night on a CL near Nottingham before we head up to one of our favourite sites at Old Brampton.

KjellNN replied on 15/08/2018 22:28

Posted on 15/08/2018 22:28

Another job completed today at the new house.....waste disposal unit  successfully  installed, just the tidying up to do now.

DD and OH have been busy writing lists of what has to be done and in what order.  The all important bath has now been chosen and will be ordered next week, along with taps.  It will go in the main en suite so there will be major surgery required as a door has to be moved and reversed.  Some surgery too in the main bedroom and Callum's bedroom, a plasterer will be needed, then the painting can start.  Wallpaper on one wall has also been mentioned.

DD is getting a bit carried away and is now considering replacing some of the white painted skirtings etc with oak ones.  The hall and living rooms are all finished in oak, but the bedrooms are white painted softwood.  She is investigating the costs, that may put her off!

Outside, she needs a TV aerial put up, so I will need to dust off my long ladders.

I cannot see any prospect of  getting away anytime soon, then we have my sister coming for 2 weeks in October, so I doubt now that we will be able to fit in any more trips this year.  It will be Christmas before we know it!  The year has really flown by.

Tammygirl replied on 15/08/2018 22:37

Posted on 15/08/2018 21:26 by ADD46

If you are interested we have a set that we bought that don't fit our car, it is a Titanium but it also has the sport pack on it too.

Tammygirl - I wish we'd seen your post three hours ago. Thank you for the offer but we've struck a deal with the service manager where we're buying the car from and for a reduced price they're fitting rear mud flaps before we pick the car up on Saturday. The deal also involves chocolate  M&S biscuits! 😊

We're up in Northumberland in September so we'll need them. 

Posted on 15/08/2018 22:37

No problem , OH can still send them back to supplier. Couldn't manage the choc biscuits though as OH would eat those laughing hope everything goes ok on Saturday.

NTH might be asking for your help Re a CL near Loughborough in a couple of weeks (or anyone else) We are taking the bikes to 50 cycles for a service and need to find a site for a night or two. I've ear marked a few so will post later once we have a firm date. If you don't mind of course.

TDA sounds like you had a good trip.

triky auto replied on 15/08/2018 22:39

Posted on 15/08/2018 22:39

wink Just had a booking confirmed for the first week in Sept' at "Waverley " on the I.o W .Got a relaxing ,chilling out ,winding down up front !! laughing.

DavidKlyne replied on 16/08/2018 00:17

Posted on 15/08/2018 22:39 by triky auto

wink Just had a booking confirmed for the first week in Sept' at "Waverley " on the I.o W .Got a relaxing ,chilling out ,winding down up front !! laughing.

Posted on 16/08/2018 00:17

We enjoyed our stay there a couple of months ago. We followed up on your recommendation in a previous postsmile

norab replied on 16/08/2018 07:33

Posted on 16/08/2018 07:33

We have just come back from 5 nights at lady Margaret’s Park near chirk . 

We were surprised to meet friends  that had been on a rally in the Netherlands at April . 

I had told them about this site .

I am now trying to decide where to go in September for our next trip . But.  ... We have to wait for visitors to go first . 

Oneputt replied on 16/08/2018 07:43

Posted on 16/08/2018 07:43

Bit dull and breezy today. Just getting ready for my trip to a CL just outside of Thetford.  Going to mix a family stuff with some bird watching.

brue replied on 16/08/2018 08:04

Posted on 16/08/2018 08:04

Catching up on what you've all been doing, it's dull and wet in Somerset. We saw son and grandson off at 6am this morning for a week in the north, holiday and house hunting, meeting up with DIL when they get there. I shall miss them such a lot when they go but oh boy am I tired!!

The M5 was virtually closed yesterday (accident) when we visited my Mum so had to make another long detour on return.

What am I doing today, nothing much, just clearing up and cleaning. smile

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook