What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 16/08/2018 08:32

Posted on 16/08/2018 08:32

Good to hear that your builders have completed their work, brue. Wish I could say the same about those that have been working next door to us . By the time we get home they will have been building an extension and other goundwork for the last 5 months, and I very much doubt that they'll be anywhere near complete then.

Nelliethehooker how big an extension are they having? Thank goodness you spend lots of time out in the caravan. 

Oneputt hope all goes well.

Brue once you've done the necessary clearing up and cleaning enjoy the peace πŸ˜‚ so you're ready for their return. How did you find you mum?

Kjnelln sounds like you're enjoying being needed, it's great to be able to help when it's appreciated. Shame you don't think you'll get away in the caravan but it will be nice to see your sister when she visits.

Milliethehull hope OH hospital appointment goes well, are you travelling from site for it and back again?

HelenandTrevor hope the dog is getting better. Are you doing a review of the Wisbech CL? It's area is like to revisit and the less travelling on the fen roads in the motorhome the better, several times I had to request a slower speed as I felt so sick with the rolling. Response I'm only doing 38mph 😀. Mind you it was partly my fault as we followed the HGV route so the ruts were large and road subsidence on the nearside great in places, and those dykes looked full and cold despite the heat 😲

Heavy grey cloud again today, humid to. I'm hoping to do a bit of tidying in the garden and she'd before the forecast rain arrives. 

Oneputt replied on 16/08/2018 08:48

Posted on 16/08/2018 08:48

Daughter announce yesterday that they will be starting their extension today.  Its a large single story extension, about 15 x 3 metre running the just about the full length at the rear of the property. Daughter and SIL lifted and stored 40 concrete paving slabs on Tuesday in preparation for the footings to be dug.Twins are excited to have a digger in the garden.

Apart from looking after them when all the services to the house are switched off they say they don't want us to do anything for them.  It's good see that despite having the young twins they like to stand on their own 2 feet.  

HelenandTrevor replied on 16/08/2018 09:06

Posted on 16/08/2018 09:06

Just catching up with a few posts. Many thanks for the good wishes for the dog, he had a trip to the vet who didn't seem overly concerned as he hadn't been sick as well. He has some medicine that we have to squeeze into his mouth, it must taste good as he seems to like it laughing Diet has been chicken and boiled rice,  lucky him! 

Bakers2 I will write a review, nice CL called Windrush,  only a couple of miles out of Wisbech but it was near to the MGB Hive where OH needed to go. I now what you mean about the Fen roads, certainly very bumpy surprised

Good to know all building works going well, we have a huge housing estate being built just up the road, the noise and dust is truely awful. 

KjellNN sorry to hear you won't get another trip away, there's always next year.smile

Tammygirl re a CL near Loughborough , we used Meadow View Farm at Silebyto visit our  youngest son when he was at university in Loughborough a few years ago. Nice CL, owners friendly, if I remember rightly there was even a small area of hard standing. It was popular as it was full even in the winter months.

Hope all trips away are going well, it's raining here at the moment,  but we're promised some sunshine this afternoon. 

HelenandTrevor replied on 16/08/2018 09:16

Posted on 16/08/2018 08:48 by Oneputt

Daughter announce yesterday that they will be starting their extension today.  Its a large single story extension, about 15 x 3 metre running the just about the full length at the rear of the property. Daughter and SIL lifted and stored 40 concrete paving slabs on Tuesday in preparation for the footings to be dug.Twins are excited to have a digger in the garden.

Apart from looking after them when all the services to the house are switched off they say they don't want us to do anything for them.  It's good see that despite having the young twins they like to stand on their own 2 feet.  

Posted on 16/08/2018 09:16

Oneputt hope your daughters extension work goes well, it's good to know they are happy to get on with things on their own. We have always encouraged our boys to be the same. Although we are always happy to offer advice wink

Cornersteady replied on 16/08/2018 09:18

Posted on 16/08/2018 09:18

To all students receiving their A level results today - good luck and I hope your dreams come true.

I'm well out of it nowadays (apart from re-marks will start today) but remember that results day feeling and it's almost as stressful to teachers as students so good luck to any teachers out there.

Also to parents, well done for bringing your children so far.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 16/08/2018 09:19

Posted on 16/08/2018 09:19

+1 OP, we raise them to accept responsibility for their own lives, we won’t be there foreverπŸ‘πŸ»

Oneputt replied on 16/08/2018 09:21

Posted on 16/08/2018 09:21

Heartily agree Corners.  Future ambitions may depend on the results so good luck

JayEss replied on 16/08/2018 09:40

Posted on 16/08/2018 09:40

That reminds me of our extension in our first house when I had two preschoolers. We did as much of the manual work as possible to cut costs and then fitted the kitchen ourselves afterwards. We took so much pleasure from having done it ourselves. We felt like proper grown ups laughing 

I hope they enjoy the new space as much as we did. 

Nowadays we are a bit lazier and get the youngest son to do much of the maintenance work round the house. He might as well pay for his keep somehow 

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 16/08/2018 10:00

Posted on 16/08/2018 09:40 by JayEss

That reminds me of our extension in our first house when I had two preschoolers. We did as much of the manual work as possible to cut costs and then fitted the kitchen ourselves afterwards. We took so much pleasure from having done it ourselves. We felt like proper grown ups laughing 

I hope they enjoy the new space as much as we did. 

Nowadays we are a bit lazier and get the youngest son to do much of the maintenance work round the house. He might as well pay for his keep somehow 

Posted on 16/08/2018 10:00

πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜Š

moulesy replied on 16/08/2018 10:42

Posted on 16/08/2018 09:18 by Cornersteady

To all students receiving their A level results today - good luck and I hope your dreams come true.

I'm well out of it nowadays (apart from re-marks will start today) but remember that results day feeling and it's almost as stressful to teachers as students so good luck to any teachers out there.

Also to parents, well done for bringing your children so far.

Posted on 16/08/2018 10:42

+1 smile

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook