What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Francis replied on 25/02/2017 20:00

Posted on 25/02/2017 20:00

The site wi-fi here is good and its free lol. We are sitting here in the van nice and warm  I've got a nice cold beer we are just going to watch the voice when it comes on only reason I watch it is because SWMBO is a big Tom Jones fan so no choice for me lol

ABM replied on 25/02/2017 21:29

Posted on 25/02/2017 15:26 by brue

Don't worry I'll stand at an appropriate cross roads and direct you with a flag.wink

Posted on 25/02/2017 21:29

Good  job  I'll not be  going  to  a  Club  Site  then,  Brue     You  know  how  some  members  feel  about  flags wink Giggle  Giggle  Chortle

Blimey,  I've  not  Chortled  for  ages  surprised !!

replied on 25/02/2017 21:36

Posted on 25/02/2017 21:36

If he waves a red pennon he should be fine

IanH replied on 26/02/2017 09:30

Posted on 25/02/2017 19:23 by

It looks like more than one piece but I can't find any details of overall weight. It looks like a further section can be added on to a porch to make a half awning and then another section added on to make a full awning. A clever idea, it seems!

Posted on 26/02/2017 09:30

According to this article, the Bradcot Modul-Air Awning is a modular unit that comes as a base size, with an extension module that turns it into a full awning, if required. 

Note the words at the bottom though - NB THIS IS A TOURING AWNING AND IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR SEASONAL PITCHING OR PERMANENT SITING

KjellNN replied on 26/02/2017 12:35

Posted on 26/02/2017 12:35

I had a look too as we may be in the market for a new porch.  I also noticed that  bit about suitability.  It does not inspire confidence, but would think it may  only  be a problem where an awning is left up all the time.

I would be more worried about the weight, and difficulty of getting it into the awning rail if only one person was available.

Francis replied on 26/02/2017 14:02

Posted on 26/02/2017 14:02

We are just home aftera nice weekend at The Ranch CC very wet here so we got soaked packing up this morning luckily the site is only a 50 minute drive from home. When we got home pur new sites handbook was waiting for us we normally just leave it in the van and use it for the directions to sites we aren.t familiar with. Not much planned this afternoon probably just stay in and watch the EFL cup final

Wherenext replied on 26/02/2017 14:23

Posted on 26/02/2017 14:02 by Francis

We are just home aftera nice weekend at The Ranch CC very wet here so we got soaked packing up this morning luckily the site is only a 50 minute drive from home. When we got home pur new sites handbook was waiting for us we normally just leave it in the van and use it for the directions to sites we aren.t familiar with. Not much planned this afternoon probably just stay in and watch the EFL cup final

Posted on 26/02/2017 14:23

At least you went, Francis.  Part of caravanning joy to get wet arriving or leaving.smile

replied on 26/02/2017 15:05

Posted on 26/02/2017 09:30 by IanH

According to this article, the Bradcot Modul-Air Awning is a modular unit that comes as a base size, with an extension module that turns it into a full awning, if required. 

Note the words at the bottom though - NB THIS IS A TOURING AWNING AND IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR SEASONAL PITCHING OR PERMANENT SITING

Posted on 26/02/2017 15:05

Even though we have a seasonal pitch at Northbrook Farm club site, the club rule is that awnings have to be dismantled every 21 days. So the caravan can be left on pitch all season but not the awning. So the Bradcot awning would be suitable in those circumstances.

Air awnings are much safer than metal pole awnings. If you try to erect a metal pole awning during wind gusts there's a chance that a pole can hit you causing injury and there's also a danger of poles coming adrift and damaging the side of the caravan. My wife worries about these situations especially after Storm Katie last year on Easter Monday and again Storm Doris. So she is now determined not to use a metal poled awning anymore. So the choice now is either inflatable or nothing!

This morning we put up our inflatable Vango tent next to our caravan which will now have to do, until we get an inflatable awning.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook