What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

JVB66 replied on 13/01/2019 11:59

Posted on 13/01/2019 11:57 by Takethedogalong

I used to be seriously high maintenance in my younger years, loved clothes and shoes. Thirty plus years of dog ownership and dog walking has overtaken my life now. For all but a few days a year, the odd special occasion, I seem to be in dog proof gear and sensible shoes. So any pampering I get is usually dog proof (eyebrows and eyelashes mainly) even a nail paint barely gets time to dry before some beastie needs attention!  πŸ™„

Posted on 13/01/2019 11:59

As is a known fact "no outfit is complete without dog hairs"cool

Takethedogalong replied on 13/01/2019 12:14

Posted on 13/01/2019 12:14

It’s a relatively new thing in our house JV, we always had Airedale’s, which don’t shed, but need clipping. However, two Labradors, one golden is like living with fur producing aliens! The golden one is like a field of dandelion clocks in a gale. The Dyson can’t cope at times.

Dog number one is nine today. His favourite human is coming to visit for a meal later, along with his second favourite human. Beside himself with joy this morning when trying on his new glowinthedark collar. The wrapping paper was delicious........πŸ˜‚

replied on 13/01/2019 12:22

Posted on 13/01/2019 12:22

Our Black lab wasn't bad at all for shedding ........ compared to the German Shepherd that seemed to moult 365 days of the year. I think that the local birds came from miles around to collect the hair during nest building

Takethedogalong replied on 13/01/2019 12:54

Posted on 13/01/2019 12:54

Yes we put hair out for birds ET, they love it. OH was doing interior reupholster on our MG a few years ago, including padded leather tops on doors. We were pondering on what to use as stuffing, until I had a lightbulb moment.........clipped the Airedale’s and the hair made fantastic padding. The little darlings are on every ride out in MG now! 

Tammygirl replied on 13/01/2019 16:30

Posted on 13/01/2019 16:30

Another lovely sunny day here, though the wind is very cold. 

No gardening today as we went to see Mum, shes's doing well and enjoying the 'Memory' book I made her for Christmas. 

After Mum's visit we went to the pet shop to stock up on bird food, I get a feeling we are in for some bad weather soon surprised just hope it doesn't arrive on the night/day we have to travel to the airport.

Shoes: I love shoes/boots/sandals but like others on here  have to watch what I now wear. Sandals, boots and trainers are my favourites courts shoes not so much these days as they don't have enough sole for comfort frown high heels are a distant memory cry

brue replied on 13/01/2019 17:04

Posted on 13/01/2019 17:04

When you look at some places in Europe TG we seem to have got away with it, hope you can escape before it changes!

milliehull replied on 13/01/2019 21:21

Posted on 13/01/2019 10:45 by Bakers2

I've got my eye on bright red patent leather DM's. OH frowned, haven't checked with son πŸ˜‰. Colour would be good, saves dyeing my walking boots. Incidently I almost live in them πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Fine with jeans or even trousers. We met cousin of DIL2B Boxing Day for a walk, unbeknownst to me he's ex army, he remarked on the shine on my walking boots πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Posted on 13/01/2019 21:21

Bakers2 when my cousin's son was married a few years ago his MIL wore purple DMs to the wedding and looked wonderful.

Bakers2 replied on 13/01/2019 22:11

Posted on 13/01/2019 21:21 by milliehull

Bakers2 when my cousin's son was married a few years ago his MIL wore purple DMs to the wedding and looked wonderful.

Posted on 13/01/2019 22:11

I admire that. I'm not that kinda girl, well older lady! 

Having been brought up to 'dress proper', my mother took and wore gloves on holiday still in the late 60's early 70's πŸ˜‚ such lessons cant be unlearned 😯. Dress/skirt has to have delicate footwear. I was a tomboy and constantly in trouble πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

ABM replied on 13/01/2019 23:01

Posted on 13/01/2019 12:54 by Takethedogalong

Yes we put hair out for birds ET, they love it. OH was doing interior reupholster on our MG a few years ago, including padded leather tops on doors. We were pondering on what to use as stuffing, until I had a lightbulb moment.........clipped the Airedale’s and the hair made fantastic padding. The little darlings are on every ride out in MG now! 

Posted on 13/01/2019 23:01

Having  no  animals  to  shed  fur  Brian  has  to  put  his  own  beard  croppings  out  for  the  birds.  They  seem  to  use  it  to  support  their  nests  instead  of  wire  embarassed

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook