What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Tammygirl replied on 13/01/2019 23:27

Posted on 13/01/2019 17:04 by brue

When you look at some places in Europe TG we seem to have got away with it, hope you can escape before it changes!

Posted on 13/01/2019 23:27

Been watching it on tv brue, really bad over there just now. Our eldest is off next week to Bulgaria with a group of soldiers skiing surprised hope they are going to ok.

Well if we are going to get it bad with my luck it will be the night before we fly, I don't have a good track record I'm afraid. 

On two separate occasions when I flew home for Christmas while OH was doing a tour of duty in N Ireland. I got stranded on my way home.

First time the kids were 3 years old and 6 mths old, it started snowing at 3 am and didn't stop until that evening. The plane finally left that night from Edinburgh,  we were not on it, as the motorway and the Forth bridge was closed. That was January 1979.

The second time January 1982 I decided to fly to/from Luton and get the train up/down, we got home alright but on the return journey the train got stuck in snow and we didn't make it into London until 2pm we were due to fly at 11 am. So we ended up spending the entire weekend at RAF Hendon. 

Last year the beast from the East grounded us 2 nights before we were due to fly to Lanzarote as they closed Glasgow airport. 

We are due to fly on the evening of the 26th so by my reckoning it will start to snow around 9 am that morning laughinglaughing  as long as we can get to Glasgow airport then I don't care. 

milliehull replied on 14/01/2019 08:32

Posted on 14/01/2019 08:32

Last year the beast from the East grounded us 2 nights before we were due to fly to Lanzarote as they closed Glasgow airport.  

When do you fly back Tammygirl? - Just so that we are forewarned undecided

cyberyacht replied on 14/01/2019 09:13

Posted on 14/01/2019 09:13

my mother took and wore gloves on holiday still in the late 60's early 70's

Obviously a sign that she should have gone further south for her holidays. wink

Tammygirl replied on 14/01/2019 11:34

Posted on 14/01/2019 08:32 by milliehull

When do you fly back Tammygirl? - Just so that we are forewarned undecided

Posted on 14/01/2019 11:34

laughing return on the 15th Feb from the cruise, then we are off again on the 28th Feb to Lanzarote. Be warned these are the dates to avoidlaughinglaughing 

Lovely cold but sunny day here, frost overnight but its on the melt now.

What to do today undecided

Takethedogalong replied on 14/01/2019 11:45

Posted on 14/01/2019 11:45

I am just chuckling at a news item about folks buying a Brexit Survival Box. Dried food, fire starting gel and a water purification tin.🤣🤣🤣

I will comment no further. But that is so funny. 

ABM replied on 14/01/2019 15:35

Posted on 14/01/2019 11:45 by Takethedogalong

I am just chuckling at a news item about folks buying a Brexit Survival Box. Dried food, fire starting gel and a water purification tin.🤣🤣🤣

I will comment no further. But that is so funny. 

Posted on 14/01/2019 15:35

Oh, TTDA,   you  cruel,  'ard,  'orrid  person  --  I  just  fell  off  my  perch  laughing  laughing  'cos  the  B-S -boxes  will  be  in  containers  parked up  on  "The  French  Side"  so  about  six (6)  months  storage  fees  will  be  added.wink

triky auto replied on 14/01/2019 19:21

Posted on 14/01/2019 19:21

undecided Left the sling/support off today to give the right arm some movement/action etc.Shoulder joint seems to be o.k ,but some muscle ache to dispose of !! Taking less 'Nurofen' too. Ho Hum ,,life goes on .

Oneputt replied on 14/01/2019 19:38

Posted on 14/01/2019 19:38

Good to hear triky.  Has Concorde been fixed yet?

Last night at Barleywood tonight then back home for an appointment with a chimney sweep🌚

nelliethehooker replied on 14/01/2019 21:19

Posted on 14/01/2019 21:19

We're on our last site for this trip, no far from home, after a good 3hr run up the M6, with no holdups and only a few showers on the way. Fine when we arrived and managed a walk after lunch in the dry, getting back just before a heavy shower. Off to Ambleside tomorrow, but will have to go via the east side of Windermere & Hawkshead as the main Newby Bridge/Bowness road is closed somewhere along it's length.

Wherenext replied on 14/01/2019 21:40

Posted on 14/01/2019 21:19 by nelliethehooker

We're on our last site for this trip, no far from home, after a good 3hr run up the M6, with no holdups and only a few showers on the way. Fine when we arrived and managed a walk after lunch in the dry, getting back just before a heavy shower. Off to Ambleside tomorrow, but will have to go via the east side of Windermere & Hawkshead as the main Newby Bridge/Bowness road is closed somewhere along it's length.

Posted on 14/01/2019 21:40

Glad your journey went well, Nellie. Presumably the ferry isn't running at this time of year?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook