What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 20/01/2019 11:08

Posted on 19/01/2019 14:02 by ADD46

Brue that will be interesting. Did you see the lectures Alice Roberts did on tv between Christmas and New Year? They were aimed at children but still very interesting to watch. I wish my science lectures had been that interesting when I was at school. 

Posted on 20/01/2019 11:08

I managed to get there last night. I did see the lectures for the children which I thought were very engaging and wondered if we might get an adult version. But instead we had a run through of her life with films and anecdotes. She's very much as you see her on TV, a very good speaker, the random audience questions at the end started to get more interesting. I bought a paperback from the bookstall, written by Alice Roberts and based on the BBC Celts programme but I didn't get in the long queue for a signature! A nice evening out. smile

Tammygirl replied on 20/01/2019 14:37

Posted on 20/01/2019 07:56 by cyberyacht

Sorted already? It's the one thing I hate about cruises - the OH agonising about what clothes to take.

Posted on 20/01/2019 14:37

Me to that's why I like to get me sorted early. This one is different as we have 7 sea days, 2 lots of 2 days and 3 single days. We've not been on a cruise with so many sea days so hoping there will be lots to do.

Won't need as many 'going ashore' outfits though. We have 3 formal nights, the rest smart casual, at least this cruise doesn't have the fancy dress nights that the Panama had. Some of the shore excursions are a bit 'samey' so we might just end up doing our own thing.

Nice day again today but still bitterly cold out. 

We've booked to go up the Burg Khalifa for when we are in Dubai, just hoping for a clear day now. 

cyberyacht replied on 20/01/2019 17:23

Posted on 20/01/2019 17:23

Sea days give you a chance to recharge your batteries although I find there are so many lectures and stuff going on they are almost as exhausting. Rather you than me at the Burj Khalifa - I get giddy on thick carpet.

Oneputt replied on 20/01/2019 22:59

Posted on 20/01/2019 22:59

Just been out and checked the sky, very clear, plenty of stars and moon showing well so fingers crossed for lunar eclipse in the morning.  It’s freezing hard at the moment but never mind have the alarm set for 4.30am 🌘❄️

Takethedogalong replied on 21/01/2019 11:23

Posted on 21/01/2019 11:23

OH got up OP, but sadly too cloudy here. Hope you had better views.

More clearing out and decorating for us. We appear to have more books than your average WH Smith’s, collected down the years. Some have got to go. We both find it very hard to part with books, avid readers, but if it’s on Kindle, it’s out! And then there are the DVDs........... 

Oneputt replied on 21/01/2019 13:41

Posted on 21/01/2019 13:41

Same here Tda, still freezing but 10/10 cloud cover. 

Clearing out daughters old bedroom as we’ve got a new guest bed arriving on Wednesday.

Brought a new photographic slide viewer so going through hundreds of 35mm slides to decide which ones to save onto CD.

Tinwheeler replied on 21/01/2019 14:39

Posted on 21/01/2019 14:39

I bought a gizmo for scanning slides into the PC. Pretty good it was. My avatar is one of them and not bad for a near 50 year old pic. 

ABM replied on 21/01/2019 14:54

Posted on 21/01/2019 14:54

Which  Slide  Viewer  have  you  bought,  OP  ??

I'm  still  using  a  DIASTAR 200  mains  viewer.  It  allows  me  to  move  by  hand  slides  from  a  20  or  so  stack  which  lets  me  view  each  one  for  as  long  as  I  want  so  I  get  the  data  & MANUALLY  input  it  onto  my  spreadsheet .  I  dont  transfer  pics  onto  CD  or  any  electronic  device  'cos  I'm  still  of  the  opinion  that  Slides,  decently  stored,  will  have  a  longer  life   than  the  electrons  wink.

TTDA  it  can  be  a  pain  updating  the  info  but  it  can  be  great  in  a  cold  wet  winter  but  I've  only  got  a  few  left.  Well  about  64.5  thousand  surprised  up  to  the  time  I  went  all  digital.  After  that  I  just  kept  the  CF  cards  annotated  &  filed  but  only  17  or  so  16 GIG cards  this  century  so  far  and all  in  order  natch  smile  but  their  turn  will  come.

Now  guess  what  Brian's  about  to  start  doing  laughing

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook