What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

milliehull replied on 19/01/2019 08:57

Posted on 19/01/2019 08:57

Sorry Bakers2.  I have just been having a bit of a catch up and realised that I had missed your post about your OH falling down the stairs.  I do hope he has recovered and that there is no lasting damage.

brue.  I hope you manage to get to the theatre to see Alice Roberts and that your ankle is not too painful.  Have you had any medical attention for it? Take care.

ADD46 replied on 19/01/2019 14:02

Posted on 19/01/2019 14:02

Brue that will be interesting. Did you see the lectures Alice Roberts did on tv between Christmas and New Year? They were aimed at children but still very interesting to watch. I wish my science lectures had been that interesting when I was at school. 

HelenandTrevor replied on 19/01/2019 19:02

Posted on 19/01/2019 19:02

Thank you for the " get well" wishes, sorry bit late, but took myself off to bed early after work yesterday, it worked I felt a bit better this morning , smile it's catching up with me now though frown

Been to the metropolis of Milton Keynes today,  needed some bits from Ikea, it was very busy as usual.  Then met up with eldest son and his girlfriend for a catch up. Filled the car with fuel at Asda, it was 6p a litre cheaper than at home! surprised 

Just chilling/recovering now listening to the radio.

We also have problems with pigeon's, I think they keep all the other birds away too.

Enjoy your nights out Millie and Brue, hope all have a good weekend. smile

redface replied on 19/01/2019 19:25

Posted on 19/01/2019 19:25

I have heard that they (pigeons) don't like a laser pen being shone in their eyes and tend to stay away.

Haven't tried it myself so cannot pronounce on its efficacy.

Anyone else know how to get shot of them without disrupting other garden birds?

Wherenext replied on 19/01/2019 20:29

Posted on 19/01/2019 20:29

Just reading on BBC news that 2 people have reportedly died whilst in hospital in Scotland from fungal infections introduced by Pigeons. 

We try to discourage Pigeons from the garden whenever we see them and I have a small cage that only small birds can access plus bird feeders that have a double metal protection that prevents large birds and squirrels from getting at the food.

Went to town today. Market half empty. Stall holders tend to take their hols after Christmas. Miserable day weather wise. Tried a new stew based on Morrocan sausages and butter beans. Seemed to go down well. Right day for it.

nelliethehooker replied on 19/01/2019 21:48

Posted on 19/01/2019 21:48

I've not been feeling too good for the last couple of days.....aching all over, stiff neck, heavy eyes, roasting hot and feeling cold all at the same time. Been dosing up on paracetamol and flu powders. The weather hasn't helped either, what with a sleet shower and rain yesterday and damp drizzly conditions today. I do feel a little better this evening and hope that I can get a decent night's sleep tonight.

We did at least miss out on any heavy snow, sorry to hear that your trip to the RSPB Reserve didn't go to plan, WN.

Hope you both have a good time at your night's out, brue & millie. Is there anyone you can borrow a wheelchair from so as you can get to the theatre, brue?

Francis replied on 19/01/2019 23:12

Posted on 19/01/2019 23:12

We went out a drive in our day van today along the coast it was cold and rainy but was nice and warm once we put the heater on. It was nice sitting looking out to sea drinking a nice cup of coffee. Once back home we decided to order a take awy for dinner. Also booked a couple of club sites for trilps with the caravan. 5 nights at Southport in March and 4 nights at Berwick in May.

Tammygirl replied on 19/01/2019 23:28

Posted on 19/01/2019 23:28

Nothing exciting today, had a lazy morning. Then this afternoon went through the clothes that I'd selected for the holiday. We've not got all the details of what we are going to do on our shore days so have now sorted out what I'm going to take. Will sort out OH's in the next day or so.

We got a lovely unexpected call from our eldest grand daughter this afternoon to say,  she was with her other grand parents and passing our way on their way back from Pitlochry, was it ok to stop by to see us smile had a nice wee visit with them and a hot cuppa (they were freezing. We won't see her again now until end of March frown

We had a bit of snow last night and hard frost this morning but its all gone now.smile

Off to see Mum tomorrow.

Hope all those who have not been feeling well get better soon.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook