What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

ABM replied on 10/01/2020 15:22

Posted on 10/01/2020 15:22

Like David SB I'm on a 'Monthly Repeat' that I request on Patient Access on line. Being a lousy mathematician  embarassed I work on the assumption that each month has 26 days in it. Thus I'm slowly gaining on the system , but in the early days I  could just request a Holiday (  i.e. double ) Dose. Up to thirteen pills per day plus one insulin jab along with the required test strips, needles  etc  etc and the occasional Sharps Bin means I take an ASDA bag for life with me when I'm collecting  smile. Of course my bedside cabinet has  a similar resemblence to David Klynes, but the worst part is loading up my Ducky campervan if I'm off for two-three weeks at a time.

Tammygirl replied on 10/01/2020 16:10

Posted on 10/01/2020 16:10

Our practice is 2mths repeat prescriptions, you can get extra if going on holiday but we have now got a bit of stock in hand as we are both cutting down on what we take. I'm waiting for the Dr to call me and tell me he is stopping one of the meds I'm on as they usually don't allow it after you are 65, so far I've managed to go undetected wink

Got the renewal for our annual holiday insurance today, we have ours through our bank account. No charge as usual for our policy just extra if we want extended days. Have chosen not to do that yet as don't see the point of paying for months that we are not going to be using it. Found out last year that if you do it at the time of renewal it calculated over the whole year but if you do it just before you need it then its only for the remainder of the policy so works out cheaper smile

Painting now all done barring one skirting board, can't get to that at the moment as the bed is up against it. Once the bed goes back into its proper place I can give it a quick coat of pain. The headboard wall is now all sparkling, wasn't sure how the paint was going to look as the samples I've seen are on plain plastered walls, we put it on over wall paper but it looks great, very pleased with our efforts. OH is dying to get back into our bed, as he's not keen on the bed in the front bedroom. Just got to wash out the roller, tray and brushes frown then wait for everything to dry so we can put things back into place.

Very cold over night, hard frost this morning which hasn't lifted from some parts of the garden, it was almost lunchtime before the cars has defrosted. Heavy rain forecast for tomorrow frown

ABM replied on 10/01/2020 16:26

Posted on 10/01/2020 16:26

Brrrr,  TG  surprised !!    Not seen / felt any f f frost for ages now, mainly mid single digit temps, often warmer over night than in the daytime. Not, repeat not, complaining of course - just for information  wink  May the heavy rain be enough to ensure the ground is swilled off and no more --  had enough floods to last a lifetime, haven't we yell.

Just wondering  :-- what's the chances of the dreaded " Drought Order so NO Hosepipes please "  by mid July  undecided

brue replied on 10/01/2020 17:15

Posted on 10/01/2020 17:15

Prescriptions are two monthly here, we now have two doctors on board but it takes a week for prescriptions to go through via another medical centre (complicated and slow.) Meanwhile Mr Brue is acting as eye dropper nurse and I think I prefer the professionals! laughing

Oneputt replied on 10/01/2020 17:48

Posted on 10/01/2020 17:48

Lovely moon tonight just ready for the eclipse which should start just before 7.30pm.  Will be taking a series of photos so fingers crossed

JVB66 replied on 10/01/2020 17:53

Posted on 10/01/2020 16:26 by ABM

Brrrr,  TG  surprised !!    Not seen / felt any f f frost for ages now, mainly mid single digit temps, often warmer over night than in the daytime. Not, repeat not, complaining of course - just for information  wink  May the heavy rain be enough to ensure the ground is swilled off and no more --  had enough floods to last a lifetime, haven't we yell.

Just wondering  :-- what's the chances of the dreaded " Drought Order so NO Hosepipes please "  by mid July  undecided

Posted on 10/01/2020 17:53

Less than two months ago North London and Hertfordshire were in drought and a hosepipe ban was to be introduced in Feb this year ,as we do not have any reservoirs and rely on aquifers for our water which were the lowest ever for the time of year surprised

Ps ferry meadows site had numerous pitches with diferent levels of flooding after the several hours of heavy rain yesterday early evening into late night

robsail replied on 10/01/2020 18:47

Posted on 10/01/2020 18:47

A few years back my OH and her disabled art class went to the National Modern Art Gallery and saw an exhibit by Damien Hurst entitled "The Medicine Cabinet" They stood/sat there saying "Had that, Had that one but didn't work, that one more trouble than the benefit"! to all the contents of the exhibit!

The look on the other attendees should have been seen!

Takethedogalong replied on 10/01/2020 19:40

Posted on 10/01/2020 12:17 by brue

Jorvik is great isn't it? We went there twice on our last stay as the tickets are re-usable for a year. We had lots of info from the staff, I was intrigued by the preserved Viking knitted sock. I think I'd give top marks to York for having so many interesting museums and places to explore in a walkable area. Sounds like you had a good break! smile

Posted on 10/01/2020 19:40

Re Jorvik. I visited with my sister a few years ago, and at the time we were a bit underwhelmed to be honest, so hadn’t returned for a long time. But we found out that following flooding, it had been updated, so we decided to go. Frankly it’s brilliant. From the moment you step onto a glass floor with the actual dig underneath it, to the gondolas that glide you round the fabulous and smelly village, and emerge into the museum area, where you can view and touch some of the finds, it was full of interest and surprises. The staff are so knowledgeable, totally immersed into the Viking lifestyle, and really bring things alive. I got caught out lovely going round in the gondolas.....the human models/robots are very realistic, I commentated to my OH about one who had a lovely beard, only to be absolutely mortified when he smiled and said thank you! 😲He was real!🀣

nelliethehooker replied on 10/01/2020 20:18

Posted on 10/01/2020 17:48 by Oneputt

Lovely moon tonight just ready for the eclipse which should start just before 7.30pm.  Will be taking a series of photos so fingers crossed

Posted on 10/01/2020 20:18

It was a dull shrouded moon at 7:00m tonight and unfortunately the cloud slowly built up and there's nothing to see now.yell

Takethedogalong replied on 10/01/2020 20:36

Posted on 10/01/2020 20:36

We have been lucky, got the full effect. Bright, then shadowed, now fully bright again, been a nice day here in Yorkshire.

We had a proper War of the Roses day today. Left York this morning, came home via Towton, down into Pontefract to look around Castle. Very interesting, great visitor centre and cafe. Free as well. From there we headed further South towards Wakefield, and had a good look around Sandal Castle as well. Managed to dodge all the traffic, got home at teatime, took us 15 minutes to park up and empty, so quite a relaxed end to our little stay. 😁

Hope your arm is doing ok Nellie, have you any thoughts yet on where to head to if all goes well?

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook