What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

ABM replied on 10/01/2020 21:52

Posted on 10/01/2020 17:48 by Oneputt

Lovely moon tonight just ready for the eclipse which should start just before 7.30pm.  Will be taking a series of photos so fingers crossed

Posted on 10/01/2020 21:52

Don't think there will be any exotic pics tonight, Oneputt.

According to the info I have it'll be just a Dimming of the Glow this time round but June 5, July 5 and November 30 should give us full lunar eclipses.

DSB replied on 10/01/2020 23:07

Posted on 10/01/2020 14:36 by DavidKlyne

We are on a three month supply but we can reorder from week ten which is handy if you are going away for longer periods like we used to do. I know what you mean about storage, when I walk into a pharmacy I feel perfectly at home as it reminds me of my kitchen cupboardslaughing

David

Posted on 10/01/2020 23:07

I have a cupboard in my study where I keep my 'supplies'  laughinglaughing, and I periodically transfer current packages in use to a medical box.  I then do a weekly distribution to a pill box sectioned off for each day of the week (which I do on a Thursday).  My diary reminds me to put in an order every 4 weeks on a Thursday, and another reminder the following Thursday (every 4 weeks) to collect the prescription.  I get a reminder every 11 weeks to make my appointment with the nurse the following Thursday for an injection, and another reminder the following Thursday to go for the injection.  So basically, Thursday morning is basically my medical sort out day!   It works for me to stick to one day in the week...  It sounds dreadfully complicated when I write it down, but it works really well.  Thank goodness for Google calendar.  I don't know what I would do without it these days.

David

DSB replied on 10/01/2020 23:09

Posted on 10/01/2020 20:36 by Takethedogalong

We have been lucky, got the full effect. Bright, then shadowed, now fully bright again, been a nice day here in Yorkshire.

We had a proper War of the Roses day today. Left York this morning, came home via Towton, down into Pontefract to look around Castle. Very interesting, great visitor centre and cafe. Free as well. From there we headed further South towards Wakefield, and had a good look around Sandal Castle as well. Managed to dodge all the traffic, got home at teatime, took us 15 minutes to park up and empty, so quite a relaxed end to our little stay. ๐Ÿ˜

Hope your arm is doing ok Nellie, have you any thoughts yet on where to head to if all goes well?

Posted on 10/01/2020 23:09

Just wondering what the weather is going to be like next week TtDA.  Thinking of taking the van out on Sunday to Wednesday.  Did someone say it was going to be windy??

David

Takethedogalong replied on 11/01/2020 11:12

Posted on 11/01/2020 11:12

Yes, forecast I saw last night DSB included winds. I think further North than you and us (South Yorks) will get brunt of rain storms and worst winds, but it might just be a bit more sheltered East of Pennines and Peaks. 

ABM replied on 11/01/2020 14:59

Posted on 11/01/2020 14:59

Oh, 'eck, CY, if it rains with it I'll expect to be trapped here with double / triple parkers again frown

brue replied on 11/01/2020 15:11

Posted on 11/01/2020 15:11

In our part of the SW we've got strong winds now with gales on the way. frown

Our elderly neighbours have finally let their sons do a Power of Attorney so I had to witness the signatures this morning. As we're involved in an emergency POA for a relative in Warwicks (an urgent request to the Court of Protection) I was glad to put my signature on the documents. It saves so much work and worry as it's bad enough when someone suddenly becomes ill and incapable. 

Still on the eye drops but not so frequent for the next few days, eyes are starting to feel a bit better, lots of people here with this rotten virus, roll on Spring! 

Are you going away DSB or are you hunkering down?! wink

Takethedogalong replied on 11/01/2020 16:00

Posted on 11/01/2020 16:00

Yes it’s coming up from SW, so going to be bad on those coasts. Breezy here, bit cooler than it has been, but thankfully dry.

derekcyril replied on 11/01/2020 18:24

Posted on 11/01/2020 15:11 by brue

In our part of the SW we've got strong winds now with gales on the way. frown

Our elderly neighbours have finally let their sons do a Power of Attorney so I had to witness the signatures this morning. As we're involved in an emergency POA for a relative in Warwicks (an urgent request to the Court of Protection) I was glad to put my signature on the documents. It saves so much work and worry as it's bad enough when someone suddenly becomes ill and incapable. 

Still on the eye drops but not so frequent for the next few days, eyes are starting to feel a bit better, lots of people here with this rotten virus, roll on Spring! 

Are you going away DSB or are you hunkering down?! wink

Posted on 11/01/2020 18:24

Hope your neighbours did joint power of attorney . mother wanted joint for my brother and i .He got us to have seperate . He did things behind my back , and has now died at the age of 63 , leaving me and wife to clear up the mess . Just a tale to be careful .

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook