What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 17/01/2020 15:03

Posted on 17/01/2020 15:03

Scan completed within 10 minutes, and apparently nothing untoward found, so now I have to have the bone density scan. No idea when as yet, not good as we would like to book some sites for March/April.

Glad that the scan went well, Kjell, I too am waiting for word about a bone scan, but am not going to bother about the date of it as we want to get away, next week hopefully.

Takethedogalong replied on 17/01/2020 16:02

Posted on 17/01/2020 15:41 by MikeyA

I once shook hands with Frankie Howard when I was six! 

Posted on 17/01/2020 16:02

I once refused to go to Top of the Pops live when I found out it was Jimmy Savile and not Ed Stewart!😱How lucky was that!

Bouncing around with deep joy here. Gardeners have gone after two days of heavy duty hedge cutting, ivy removal, elder and hazel sapling digging out. Worth every penny, I now have the last third of the garden to play with and transform back to glory again. Found lots of treasures as well, still putting on a show. Tree Surgeons calling tomorrow to give a quote for beech trees. 🌳🥀🦔🦇🌹🕷🐞🦋😁

brue replied on 17/01/2020 16:29

Posted on 17/01/2020 16:29

Bought some Seville oranges from our local shop today, decided to make some marmalade (didn't bother last year.) OH a bit disgruntled to see his whisky going in but I'm sure he'll like the flavour! laughing Some of it will go to a fund raising event so I hope it turns out ok.

Felt some snow flurries today although we had lovely sunshine but can feel the air cooling down.🍊🍋🍊

cyberyacht replied on 17/01/2020 16:51

Posted on 17/01/2020 16:51

Managed to extract the Airbag ECU from the MH today without setting anything off. My tame garage man is sending it off for me to see if it can be repaired. It all took a bit longer as a screw I had removed dropped down the side of the battery box which meant removing the securing bar & hiking the battery out.

OH has decided to go for some mega expensive wood effect tiles for the hall and some similarly priced marble ones for the kitchen. Fitters booked in for early Feb which will entail shifting some heavy appliances before they come. Hope Ernie is kind to me at the end of the month.

replied on 17/01/2020 16:53

Posted on 17/01/2020 16:29 by brue

Bought some Seville oranges from our local shop today, decided to make some marmalade (didn't bother last year.) OH a bit disgruntled to see his whisky going in but I'm sure he'll like the flavour! laughing Some of it will go to a fund raising event so I hope it turns out ok.

Felt some snow flurries today although we had lovely sunshine but can feel the air cooling down.🍊🍋🍊

Posted on 17/01/2020 16:53

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Wherenext replied on 17/01/2020 17:22

Posted on 17/01/2020 17:22

Had a lovely day at Leighton Moss reserve today. Stayed dry after some rain before we left the site. Always enjoy LM. Plenty of small birds like Redpolls and Bullfinches and Marsh Tits.

There was some snow visible on the lower hills early on but it had melted by afternoon. Still some on high hills though.

nelliethehooker replied on 17/01/2020 19:34

Posted on 17/01/2020 19:34

Received a couple of "interesting" letters in the post today. First was from Teeside Hospital detailing my fracture and that I needed a plaster fitting....it was just one month late!! The second was concerning the Whirlpool recall for the faulty washers. Curry's had identified that we had purchased a model that might be at risk. After contacting them with the relevant details it turns out that our model is not one on the recall list thankfully.

Freddy55 replied on 17/01/2020 19:47

Posted on 17/01/2020 19:34 by nelliethehooker

Received a couple of "interesting" letters in the post today. First was from Teeside Hospital detailing my fracture and that I needed a plaster fitting....it was just one month late!! The second was concerning the Whirlpool recall for the faulty washers. Curry's had identified that we had purchased a model that might be at risk. After contacting them with the relevant details it turns out that our model is not one on the recall list thankfully.

Posted on 17/01/2020 19:47

We got caught up with the tumble drier thingy. As it transpired, we did ok, since our old one was well over 10 years old, which needed replacing anyway. That said, we had to pay £100 to get a like-for-like.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook