What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Freddy55 replied on 20/01/2020 20:39

Posted on 20/01/2020 20:00 by Wherenext

Did mention to MrsWN that we should try Fairfield this weekend. She laughed at me!!yell But, once again, dammit, she was right.smile End of year target.

Have you managed any this year?

Posted on 20/01/2020 20:39

We did the Fairfield Horseshoe quite a few years ago. Absolutely fantastic views as we turned the corner towards Rydal Mount. Unfortunately, the final decent down to Rydal Mount did my knees in, something I still suffer with from time to time when descending frown I now have to be selective when it comes to fell walking. The Fairfield Horseshoe though is brilliant walk πŸ‘

Wherenext replied on 20/01/2020 21:01

Posted on 20/01/2020 21:01

Francis, I emailed them in November about the problems, admittedly small ones, which they say that they never received, even though I had an automated reply. I then sent copies which someone in service centre actually replied to yet this last week tried to deny receiving. Pity for them that I took copies.

So they had at least 10 weeks notice to order parts but didn't. Then when we picked it up on Thursday they said the parts would be there on Tuesday. Not even ordered them yet they expect me to take caravan back to them. They'll be picking it up at my convenience. Not very impressed. 

Once warranty expires we'll be finding an alternative.

Wherenext replied on 20/01/2020 21:04

Posted on 20/01/2020 21:04

Freddy, I know it well. We've been up a few times. One year we got to the top and found that our flask had broken so we pinched the dogs water! There were plenty of puddles and she didn't mind.smile

Freddy55 replied on 20/01/2020 21:10

Posted on 20/01/2020 21:04 by Wherenext

Freddy, I know it well. We've been up a few times. One year we got to the top and found that our flask had broken so we pinched the dogs water! There were plenty of puddles and she didn't mind.smile

Posted on 20/01/2020 21:10

As it happens, when we went up, there was a fell race taking place. Boy, those runners are fit (mad?) Very impressive. Apart from some mist at the top, it was a beautifully clear day. We were fortunate πŸ™‚

ABM replied on 20/01/2020 23:05

Posted on 20/01/2020 20:28 by Wherenext

Happy 70th.CS.🍾🍾🍾smile

Posted on 20/01/2020 23:05

And the same from  Brian ABM  --  nice to welcome another one of you to the 70's Clan  smile

DSB replied on 21/01/2020 08:09

Posted on 20/01/2020 20:22 by Cornersteady

Well we were in Keswick this weekend just gone but we had a big family celebration of my 'significant' birthday. We had an apartment on Lake road above the art gallery/Cumbria water offices but no real walking apart from tea room to pub. I should get some in middle February.

If you (or anyone) is going to keswick it was surprising to find not only the Skiddaw hotel totally closed for refurbishment (not a big loss for me) but so was Bryson's and, even worse, the Old Keswickian chip shop  was closed.  

Posted on 21/01/2020 08:09

Hope you had a good weekend Corners, and birthday wishes from me too.  

It's been a few years now, but the best fish and chips I can remember were from the Black County Museum (between Dudley and Tipton).  They (or certainly used to) use lard for frying.  laughing

David

Francis replied on 21/01/2020 08:45

Posted on 21/01/2020 08:45

Corners. I believe that TheOddfellows in Keswick is also closed at the moment for renovations I hope they don’t take the character out of it it’s one of our favourite places to visit when in The Lakes 

RedKite replied on 21/01/2020 09:01

Posted on 21/01/2020 09:01

Congrats from us Cornersteady as we are hitting the 70 this year in July 1 day apart I am the eldest by 16 hours or so. Hopefully we will have a celebration  here but not going anywhere as peak holiday times around here and we are looking to go to the Auvergne in June near Le Mont-Dore so looking forward to that.

Takethedogalong replied on 21/01/2020 10:16

Posted on 21/01/2020 10:16

Happy 70th C!πŸŽ‚

our nice weather continues, been good to get some time in garden. Got the quote for our trees yesterday.......😱 It’s a few holidays worth, but got to be done.

I wouldn’t mind if we had neglected them, but we haven’t. The worst bit, that really sticks in my craw is the VAT. I am happy for the skilled, knowledgeable and happy to do a dangerous job tree surgeons to get the cash, but not for HM Tax bandits to get any!🀬

On the plus side, we ain’t going to need much in way of heating fuel for a couple of years😁

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook