What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

replied on 17/04/2021 16:28

Posted on 17/04/2021 16:28

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

brue replied on 17/04/2021 17:05

Posted on 17/04/2021 17:05

A good send off for HRH.

Meanwhile back on the driveway, like Goldie last minute panic with the motorhome, shower tap leaking. A quick visit with the van to our friendly service people but still no fix. So new part on order and we will limp along on our break, we can survive by not switching the water pump on too often and at least the leak drains into the shower tray. I had envisaged a bucket type washroom set up so not too bad! yell Service peope think there'll be quite a few problems due to vans being "laid up."

Rufs replied on 17/04/2021 17:09

Posted on 17/04/2021 17:09

Yup been another of those glorious days, Daughter in Spain very envious, Strawberries from local farm shop, big dollops of cream for evening dinner laughing

DavidKlyne replied on 17/04/2021 17:11

Posted on 17/04/2021 16:28 by

Just watched the funeral. Not a Royalist but cant help admiring the way our lot put on a ceremonial event.

Posted on 17/04/2021 17:11

It's all part of it of course. If there were no Royal Family there wouldn't be the ceremony as featured today. Royalty is so much part of our British character and fabric of our society. I am not putting an argument for or against just suggesting that we would be a different country without it? Some might prefer that? 

I was nervous  on two scores today. Firstly that the Land Rover wouldn't start when they put the coffin onboard!!! Secondly I was nervous for the pallbearers, especially the ones who had to carry the coffin up the stairs!!! So well done to all concerned. Thought the music was nice. 

David

JVB66 replied on 17/04/2021 17:28

Posted on 17/04/2021 17:28

They have an identical standby LR  Just in casecool as the best present any LR owner can get is a Haynes manual  wink

Rufs replied on 17/04/2021 17:38

Posted on 17/04/2021 17:11 by DavidKlyne

It's all part of it of course. If there were no Royal Family there wouldn't be the ceremony as featured today. Royalty is so much part of our British character and fabric of our society. I am not putting an argument for or against just suggesting that we would be a different country without it? Some might prefer that? 

I was nervous  on two scores today. Firstly that the Land Rover wouldn't start when they put the coffin onboard!!! Secondly I was nervous for the pallbearers, especially the ones who had to carry the coffin up the stairs!!! So well done to all concerned. Thought the music was nice. 

David

Posted on 17/04/2021 17:38

Great event and a showcase for the world, lots of what the BBC have shown in archive filming was put together many months ago, when sadly HRH was not looking great, however, the precision of todays event was put together in just 1 week, all the practising that had been done expecting a much grander affair had to be thrown out of the window, well done to all and good to see Harry, William and Kate strolling together, loved it coolcoolcool

KjellNN replied on 17/04/2021 19:06

Posted on 17/04/2021 19:06

Good visit to our son and family, DD and the children came too.  Tried to repair his drone, everything apparently now works, but it will not lift off, so something is not right.

Very sunny but a chilly breeze.  We had lunch on the patio......home made soup, crusty bread, and chicken, ham and coleslaw if anyone wanted a sandwich, then mugs of hot coffee required to heat us up, even though we had sweaters and fleeces on!

Callum had a great time exploring with his much older cousins, using the climbing frame and the child size tractor plus trailer, but was not so keen on the big trampoline.  Nathan slept most of the time, but Auntie, Uncle and cousins each had a hold and got to know him.

Busy driving down this morning, lots of people heading to the Ayrshire coast, we set off home before 4pm to avoid the returning traffic.  We met a huge queue coming south as we neared home, probably people returning from Loch Lomond, so car parks everywhere must have been busy!

Off now to get the caravan moved.

Wherenext replied on 17/04/2021 20:23

Posted on 17/04/2021 20:23

Cleaning day today.

Caravan got the full treatment. I gave it a tickle a while ago but have bought better ladders since and these were a big help. So a good 2 hours worth. One of our M/H neighbours got talking to me whilst I was cleaning the roof and told me he wasn't allowed up ladders anymore so he was just going to clean the rest of the van, so guess which muppet cleaned his roof?  Yep. Anyway he'll do me a favour if needed and his wife keeps an eye out for MiL when we're away.

Been a beautiful day weather wise.

Nice photos M.

Good luck to the leaky ones.

ABM replied on 17/04/2021 23:03

Posted on 17/04/2021 23:03

Struggled to get on here tonight  --  ERRORS kept cropping up all over the place, but since I sneaked round past the bike sheds everything has worked OK  ~~  WEIRD  undecided !!

cyberyacht replied on 18/04/2021 08:28

Posted on 18/04/2021 08:28

KjellNN wrote " Tried to repair his drone, everything apparently now works, but it will not lift off, so something is not right."

You haven't put the rotors on upside down, have you?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook