What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

KjellNN replied on 16/04/2021 20:09

Posted on 16/04/2021 16:37 by Wherenext

and try to plan how I am going to manage to move it out onto the street on Sunday morning.

KjellNN, you must have a large plank of wood that would cover that drain area and looking at it surely you just need to get the Jockey wheel over it as there looks sufficient room for the wheels to miss going over that spot.

Had an easy drive back today, taking just over an hour. Unpacked before lunch, Mrs WN reports three lots of washing done, dried and some now waiting Ironing. Lovely day again, if nippy out of the sun.

Had to visit Tesco at a time not of our choosing as we needed food for the weekend but it was manageable. Enjoyed the time away but won't be taking the van away now for another 3 weeks. Good luck to those away, about to go away and desperate to be away.smile

Looks like it's going to be washing the caravan day tomorrow.

Posted on 16/04/2021 20:09

Hopefully!  Not sure if we have plank, a large bit of ply might be better as thinner, but we do not have any.  Normally one set of wheels would go right over that area.

Since OH took those pics, they have been out and looked at the problem, and also disturbed all the broken bits, so it is worse now than it was.  There is a huge bit sticking up now.  I am reluctant to touch any of the bits in case they try to blame us for the damage.

I will move the van tomorrow PM, not at the last moment on Sunday morning, just in case of a problem.  I have tried the mover and it is currently working, but one never knows.

The van is a twin axle, so moving is not so easy.

Typical that this happens just when we need to move the van!

nelliethehooker replied on 16/04/2021 22:14

Posted on 16/04/2021 22:14

Kjell, we've had a large hole on our road opposite our drive for about 4 months now and there was still no sign of it being repaired when we left on Wednesday, although the "man in a yellow jacket" had been to have a look over 3 weeks ago. I doubt that it will be fixed by the time we get back from this trip in June.

Another fine day after frost through the night, although cloudier than previous day but a touch warmer I think. Went to Witley Court to see the Perdue and Andromeda fountain in action as we sat below the chalk having our lunch. Then onto Abberley to view the remains of the Norman Church there and had a walk through the village. In places the banks by the road were a perfusion of wildflowers...daffodils, celandines, wood anemones, primroses of different colours, hyacinths and bluebells.

Takethedogalong replied on 16/04/2021 22:20

Posted on 16/04/2021 22:20

Love the Perseus and Andromeda fountain, spectacular when it hits full flow. Ages since we visited Witley Court, I think we went from Bromyard Downs. Seem to recall a very nice tea garden next door, and the interesting church. Can’t get over this weather, wall to wall sunshine, still a touch cool in the breeze, but nice in a sheltered spot. Very dry here though. I can’t recall last time we had rain, water butts totally empty.

I have been re potting cacti and succulents today, vicious little so and so’s some of them......ouch!

milliehull replied on 16/04/2021 22:30

Posted on 16/04/2021 22:30

So pleased to hear that all those away are having or have had a good time with good weather. It has been a bit cloudier today but with sunny intervals. It has been slightly warmer though. We met eldest son and one grandson (teenage grandson out with his friends) and their dog for a walk this morning. Very heavy traffic towards the coast with lots of caravans and MHs on the road. We went to a Memorial Evensong for the D of E at the Cathedral this evening. All very socially distanced. A very fitting service. Ths Lord-Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire was in attendance complete with his spurs. I gave him a wide berth on the waybout. I didnt fancy having my shoes shredded!

brue replied on 17/04/2021 07:45

Posted on 17/04/2021 07:45

Millie, good to see more of the family. OH said the road south was busy yesterday, he took the M/H for a test run and fill up. As we rarely buy fuel now it was a shock! 

More frost this morning, packing the van later.

Kj even when we had a leaking water pipe and flooded road we had to wait over two weeks for the repair at the end of our drive.

Got the latest Gardener's World mag for the 2for1 offer so can use it while we're away. 

Waiting for early food delivery now. Note received that no newspapers if delivery is before 3pm our neighbours like their free DM so will miss out. 

Francis replied on 17/04/2021 10:55

Posted on 17/04/2021 10:55

Glad those away or who have been away are having a nice time.

Lovely day here today up early as we had a Iceland delivery plenty of beer/wine, burgers, steaks etc as we are having a BBQ this afternoon. Watching the Dukes funeral later then sister and family are coming. Round for BBQ and a few drinks so looking forward to that. Just under a fortnight now until we get away in the van can’t wait I bet the weather changes for the worse the minute we turned out our street that day lol.

Hope everyone else is having a nice weekend.

cyberyacht replied on 17/04/2021 11:58

Posted on 17/04/2021 11:58

MillieH wrote "Ths Lord-Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire was in attendance complete with his spurs. I gave him a wide berth on the waybout. I didnt fancy having my shoes shredded!"

Must have been very long spurs if 2 metres didn't suffice.

Goldie146 replied on 17/04/2021 14:41

Posted on 17/04/2021 14:41

Another sunny day and warm in the caravan when we were getting it ready for a trip out next weekend. It was supposed to be a quick job, put the spare gas bottle in and flush through the water system. But after much spluttering (from the water and OH) we found the Surge Damper was broken at the bottom. So, back in the house and ordered one from Amazon (delivery this Wednesday, when Prima Leisure were quoting end of May). I checked various jars of herbs and spices that were lurking in a cupboard and ruthlessly threw out those with an expiry date older than two years ago.

moulesy replied on 17/04/2021 16:18

Posted on 17/04/2021 16:18

Almost like a summer data,  today, the winds have dropped and it's been warm enough for T shirts and shorts!  smile

Had a great day out at Trellisick, took the dogs round the woodland walks this morning. Bluebells just beginning to show through, but plenty of primroses, celandine and wood anenomies along the way.

And then a stroll around the gardens themselves which are looking particularly good at the moment. The rhododendrons are in full bloom, one particular Cornish Red variety was covered in flowers and the borders are looking their best. 

Just about the perfect day out  (apart from coming back to read the football scores! yell)

moulesy replied on 17/04/2021 16:20

Posted on 17/04/2021 16:20

Some pictures from nearer the house itself ( still  closed  at  the  moment frown).

The round tower is the old "engine house" which can now be rented as a holiday cottage. .smile

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook