What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Rufs replied on 22/10/2021 14:01

Posted on 22/10/2021 14:01

Wow!!! this forum same as same as, laughing

after 8 weeks away 6 in the UK Devon/Cornwall/Malvern HIlls/Dumfries&Galloway/Yorkshire/couple of weeks in Spain, and as we had some club gift vouchers to use we broke our duck and used 2 club sites, Malvern Hills & York Beechwood, both had great dog walks which is a tick in the box for us, Malvern Hills has some 200 pitches which is a little large for us but was only 50Pct full which was great, York Beechwood, although almost full, very expensive, is a great site with almost new facilities block with underfloor heating etc, so both sites were a great experience for us.

Returned to find our weather just as great as when we left, dont know why we bother to go away to be honest, but they say a change is as good as a rest, and we also grew our family, this is Bentley just 11 weeks old, his mother is a cross cocker/labrador (Daughters bitch), his father was pure bred cocker, so he is a cocker/cocker/dor, Daisy was only supposed to have 6 puppies then out popped Bentleylaughing, couldnt resist keeping him in the family, and he is loving the caravan already.

Wherenext replied on 22/10/2021 14:18

Posted on 22/10/2021 14:18

I think North Wales will be HS pitches only though, no Jeep with us on that planned trip. (C19 rates allowing of course)

I know you were asking for sites near Beaumaris when down that way but there isn't a lot of choice at this time of year with H/S. If you want H/S and to be on Angelsey then try The Brambles C.L. It's near Newborough Warren but a half an hour will see you at Beaumaris.

Wherenext replied on 22/10/2021 14:22

Posted on 22/10/2021 14:22

Lucky second choice for you Nellie.

Heavy showers this morning but with beautiful Rainbows to compensate.

Sun now out so after a coffee will venture outdoors and go for a walk.

Good luck to all those away.

Takethedogalong replied on 22/10/2021 14:46

Posted on 22/10/2021 14:18 by Wherenext

I think North Wales will be HS pitches only though, no Jeep with us on that planned trip. (C19 rates allowing of course)

I know you were asking for sites near Beaumaris when down that way but there isn't a lot of choice at this time of year with H/S. If you want H/S and to be on Angelsey then try The Brambles C.L. It's near Newborough Warren but a half an hour will see you at Beaumaris.

Posted on 22/10/2021 14:46

Thanks WN๐Ÿ‘ I was going to ask๐Ÿ˜ We have been to Anglesey before, but never overnighted, so it’s an area we aren’t too sure about. Beaumaris Castle is the draw, so either go to Castle and stay, or stay and visit castle next day then head to another Site on mainland. That’s hoping ๐Ÿคž all is ok C19 wise of course. Once in North Wales, the big castles are the draw (not Harlech this time, we did Harlech last year) so open to suggested CLs etc..... ๐Ÿ‘

RedKite replied on 22/10/2021 15:01

Posted on 22/10/2021 15:01

Like the new puppy Rufs and already settled in to caravan life.

Malvern is my old home area plenty f walks on the hills.

Have had some lovely sunny days and now very foggy am and damp but dry this afternoon but much cooler 14C but looks like warmer again for Saturday and Sunday, just been tidying a few more things in the garden and OH sorting out a new shutter for kitchen window so left jim to it in his shed.

TDA as to moving your m/v with your jeep glad went all ok and it reminded us of a Somerset rally in early 1989 on the Blackdown hills the field had a slight rise to the pitching areas and a shogun towing a twin axle got stuck so one of the rally folk got his classic Range Rover and attached a very strong towing rope and towed both vehicle and caravan to where they were going to be pitched no problem at all but owner of shogun did not think it could be done and to think a few years later OH has had 4 classic Range Rovers at that rally we had a Volvo 240 estate.

Glad you got to your next cl NTH and avoided the floods.

Have a good weekend folks.

School holidays for the next fortnight here and looks like folk having booking holidays at home.

Wherenext replied on 22/10/2021 15:33

Posted on 22/10/2021 14:46 by Takethedogalong

Thanks WN๐Ÿ‘ I was going to ask๐Ÿ˜ We have been to Anglesey before, but never overnighted, so itโ€™s an area we arenโ€™t too sure about. Beaumaris Castle is the draw, so either go to Castle and stay, or stay and visit castle next day then head to another Site on mainland. Thatโ€™s hoping ๐Ÿคž all is ok C19 wise of course. Once in North Wales, the big castles are the draw (not Harlech this time, we did Harlech last year) so open to suggested CLs etc..... ๐Ÿ‘

Posted on 22/10/2021 15:33

TTda,

If it's a site for castles you are after then you might try Bryn Llys (lovely site) at Bethesda as this will allow you to go to Caernarfon as well as Beaumaris. It's about the same distance to Beaumaris as The Brambles.

Depends whether you want to take in some other EH sites on the island as there are quite a lot of them.

There are 2 CLs at Tyn-y-Groes near Conway but it's ages since we stayed at either of them so couldn't give a recommendation. Seems to have changed a bit since we were last there and we vowed not to go back then. Might give it another try this winter as there is not a lot of H/S sites around which are Open All Year. Not sure if you've been to Conwy castle.

Rain interrupted any chance of a long walk.laughing

nelliethehooker replied on 22/10/2021 21:01

Posted on 22/10/2021 21:01

Thanks to all for the good wishes following our flood avoidance. Think it's the first time we've had to delay leaving a site for that reason.

Tda, have u checked that the castles you intend visiting are open all week, as some may only be open on Saturday and Sunday?I

Francis, I see that you are following the WN trend of leaving the van cleaning for a time while you recover from your exertions of being away!wink

Brue, we were up on part of the Chase today, walking from the site, Copse Side Farm at Ansty. Had to turn back from part of our planned route because of cows with calves, and then the track had huge waterlogged depressions we couldn't circumvent. Still it was a lovely day with warm sunshine but a little chilly in the shade. 

Wherenext replied on 22/10/2021 21:32

Posted on 22/10/2021 21:32

Francis, I see that you are following the WN trend of leaving the van cleaning for a time while you recover from your exertions of being away!

Cheeky blighter.๐Ÿ˜‚ I blame staff shortages!

ABM replied on 22/10/2021 21:40

Posted on 22/10/2021 21:40

Thank you for your good wishes wrt my 5 - fingers of blood today, Brue !  As it happened I arrived ten minutes early, found myself a comfortable seat and sat back to wait.  As it turned out I'd barely warmed the seat when Angie yelped my name out and told me to get my waterproof coat off and turn my sleeve up ! Utterly painless and quick with it -- probably helped by her having had a hip replacement herself back in May.  I did ask what sort of hip it was because I'd heard the news about the Americans having done a heart transplant on a 'brain-dead '  patient using a  heart from a Pig surprised.  All seems to have gone aok  for both the American recipient** & yours truly { If I look at my arm under a bright reading lamp I can just, but only just, see a tiny red mark where the needle went in ~~ Now that is GOOD  smile }  So now I'm Triple C19, Single Flu jabbed, successfully retinal Checked and just awaiting Blood results.   

**  I was led to understand that after a suitable period of time the pigs heart would be removed to allow for some serious checks to take place  ~~ if its finally classed as a good safe system then more transplants, world-wide could take place, saving more lives without waiting for 'donors' to die first.  We can but hope.

Hope that you lot out there, swanning round the world are going to have as successful a week as I've had  --  Take care, keep safe, warm & dry  laughing

nelliethehooker replied on 22/10/2021 21:57

Posted on 22/10/2021 21:57

We've used the site at Sixpenny Handley a lot in the past, Cranborne itself is nice, especially if the Manor House gardens are open. 

Brue, there doesn't appear to be a CL there nowadays, unless you mean the one at East Martin, Cherwell Leys Farm.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook