What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

JVB66 replied on 24/10/2021 13:13

Posted on 24/10/2021 13:13

Stopped at Asda on way back to our pitch , very few wearing masks and  what social distancingyell glad to get out

In Front of me  at checkout were two adults  Completely engrossed in their phones, not a word of acknowledgement of the presence of the lady on the checkout, ?yell

They were most surprised when I said to the lady on the checkout ,"I will say Good morning and thankyou on behalf of the couple who  have just ignored you , and a Good morning to you from me"

Bakers2 replied on 24/10/2021 13:21

Posted on 24/10/2021 09:56 by DavidKlyne

Didn't realise they were going to drag it out so long!

David

Posted on 24/10/2021 13:21

David they'll have much to sort! Like systems, IT, that members don't get confused, as before, booking pitch types etc etc. Plus bookings are up to a year ahead. IT can't cope now - however often they do essential maintenance 🤐🤐😱. It's very sad in this day and age of tech.....

brue replied on 24/10/2021 13:30

Posted on 24/10/2021 13:30

I'm glad they're not running Ryanair or Easyjet! I'm aware I couldn't set it up either but it really needs to be spot on this time with updated info at the ready. It's also about time the sites book became a shortened yearly event, far too much in the present book, so easy to miss the details. 

KjellNN replied on 24/10/2021 13:44

Posted on 24/10/2021 13:44

Not a bad day here, just finished the first coat of emulsion on the bathroom ceiling.

The tiler forgot he had said he would leave off the top row of tiles meantime, so I have had to tape up plastic sheeting to protect the tiles.  Fortunately DD had plenty of it left from her painting.

On Friday I took a load of timber to DS for his woodburner, and a second load on Saturday, so that has made some space in the garage so we can get more organised.  DD is being very strict over what I am allowed to keep!!

She is making a pile of, mainly metal, stuff that we will take to the scrapyard eventually, listing stuff that can be given away, and directing where I should stack things meantime.    

Once we have cleared a fair bit, we will put up a double row of freestanding heavy duty shelving units up the middle to divide off a workshop area for me, with storage,  and a storage area on the other side as it is a double garage with 2 single doors.

At the moment, because the caravan blocks the side path, we have all our wheelie bins sitting in front of one door, which is a right eyesore, so the plan is to have enough space in the storage side to keep the bins just behind the garage door.   Will be good when it is all finished.

JVB66 replied on 24/10/2021 13:51

Posted on 24/10/2021 13:21 by Bakers2

David they'll have much to sort! Like systems, IT, that members don't get confused, as before, booking pitch types etc etc. Plus bookings are up to a year ahead. IT can't cope now - however often they do essential maintenance 🤐🤐😱. It's very sad in this day and age of tech.....

Posted on 24/10/2021 13:51

If it to be implemented next year "sometime?" ,I wonder if we will , get any info ,to let every one know ,that deposits will be taken from month beginning ? as it is year in advance one can book pitchessurprised

DavidKlyne replied on 24/10/2021 14:04

Posted on 24/10/2021 13:21 by Bakers2

Posted on 24/10/2021 14:04

B2

I am of the view that if an organisation proposes major changes that they sort out how they are going to do it before announcing it? There is a rumour which I am not in a position to confirm or otherwise that the Club have purchased and off the shelf solution which will allow them to charge deposits etc. Perhaps the issue is not so much on whether they can do it but as JBV hints at deciding on a time from which it can be put in place and not impact on current bookings?

David

Bakers2 replied on 24/10/2021 14:42

Posted on 24/10/2021 14:04 by DavidKlyne

B2

I am of the view that if an organisation proposes major changes that they sort out how they are going to do it before announcing it? There is a rumour which I am not in a position to confirm or otherwise that the Club have purchased and off the shelf solution which will allow them to charge deposits etc. Perhaps the issue is not so much on whether they can do it but as JBV hints at deciding on a time from which it can be put in place and not impact on current bookings?

David

Posted on 24/10/2021 14:42

David I couldn't agree more. 

Make business decisions, unless club members entitled to vote on the subject, draw up proposals, systems, costings, time frames etc. Get a pretty good idea of how it will work and when you want to implement it. THEN make the announcement with an effective date. From the little I've read they are making HMG look good 😱. I assume it will be later next year or even into the following year if bookings can be made a year in advance. Look at the fun and games with lower VAT and price increases recently. Manual calculations by staff.......

I totally agree with brue I have no idea how to go about it BUT it must be robust, competent and effective.

If it is an off the shelf product they need it written well for their needs and a decent fast correction service if it goes pear-shaped. Didn't I once read this forum was something similar? So it needs competent IT knowledge from within as well otherwise.............

ABM replied on 24/10/2021 14:52

Posted on 24/10/2021 14:52

I do hope you are not knocking this forum , Bakers2, surprised because its just what you want is it not ??

It's consistently demonstrated that it's what you recommend ~~ it's been Pear-shaped from the early days and the IT group has always ensured that it stays that way   innocent

{  If you want me, well, I will be hiding in the out-door loo    sealedwink }

Bakers2 replied on 24/10/2021 15:17

Posted on 24/10/2021 14:52 by ABM

I do hope you are not knocking this forum , Bakers2, surprised because its just what you want is it not ??

It's consistently demonstrated that it's what you recommend ~~ it's been Pear-shaped from the early days and the IT group has always ensured that it stays that way   innocent

{  If you want me, well, I will be hiding in the out-door loo    sealedwink }

Posted on 24/10/2021 15:17

Brian I'm not knocking it at all 🤐. I just accept it for what it us. Along with the lovely posters.

BUT if they want to continue in business and charge deposits etc it will need to be fit for purpose.

Don't spend too long in the outdoor loo,the sun's lovely but there's  a define chill in the air!

brue replied on 24/10/2021 15:18

Posted on 24/10/2021 15:18

So true Brian, the New Set Up will need everything shown by long time members of this forum...resilience, adaptability, knowledge of inside out back to front workings and the where with all to cling to the cliff edge helped by Lego men....laughing

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook