What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

ABM replied on 24/10/2021 15:25

Posted on 24/10/2021 15:25

laughing<------------->frown<~~~~~~~~~~~>cry

Bloomin' cold out there, no sun and only marginal Wifey  wink

Takethedogalong replied on 24/10/2021 15:34

Posted on 24/10/2021 15:34

It’s was the first AGM I had ever seen to be honest, no idea of what to expect. I did glance through the various reports, and the Financial Statement before Zooming in. Reports were quite interesting, some information around background work at HQ and home working to cope with initial lockdown, interesting that the Club have given up lease on some space at HQ, and revamped remaining to better reflect more home working and safer working spaces. How IT coped to keep the booking system operational at busy times was mentioned. Record bookings once lockdown ended and record numbers of new Members as well seem to have kept the systems on a knife edge. Annual losses as expected, but not as much as it could have been, and recovery this year is going tremendously in all bar overseas visits (quite understandable).

They had an agenda to work through, but much of it was “Committee” rather than “Business”. Lots of voting, thank yous to outgoing officials. I thought the in attendance audience rather tame, could have done with some probing questions under “any other business”. That’s where I expected more of the electronically submitted questions to be dealt with, but nothing. Hopefully all the questions submitted will get a response in due course.

Cornersteady replied on 24/10/2021 18:30

Posted on 24/10/2021 18:30

Been out car shopping as my daughter wants a new one. She had her heart set on a Suzuki Swift (its looks really good and had a good infotainment system - her top two items!) but we visited two local dealers and phoned a third and there are none and you can order one but they can't guarantee delivery till March!

Wherenext replied on 24/10/2021 18:34

Posted on 24/10/2021 18:34

Had a good day today.

Did some general tidying up of the garden. We have an awful lot of beech mast that comes down from the woods so I decided to try to clean some of it up and of course I then noticed the weeds growing between the flags etc. as you do.

Went for a good walk and reintroduced ourselves to a lot of the villagers some of whom thought we had left the village, so long has it been since they've seen us.๐Ÿ˜‚

Then we actually sold one of our two bikes that we had on sale and had an offer, a bit low, for the other. Have to see how the second one pans out.

Takethedogalong replied on 24/10/2021 19:11

Posted on 24/10/2021 19:11

I had an hour in garden this afternoon as well. Cut back some roses, deadheaded some dahlias, cut back some Japanese Anemones. Good for the spirits. MH in for MOT and service tomorrow๐Ÿคž 

Wherenext replied on 24/10/2021 19:25

Posted on 24/10/2021 19:25

Corners, there are shortages of computer chips for the new car manufacturers at the moment. This is why fairly new second hand car prices are exceeding new car prices just now.

At least she'll get some experience of delays if she ever gets around to ordering a new caravan.laughing

Bakers2 replied on 25/10/2021 06:38

Posted on 24/10/2021 20:45 by BavnElly

Counting days down until we head to Poolsbrook a week today ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

Posted on 25/10/2021 06:38

Loading the van too I expect. Enjoy the preparation and the trip. Keep us posted with your adventures.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook