What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

peedee replied on 03/12/2021 07:56

Posted on 02/12/2021 21:57 by DavidKlyne

Millie

I saw that on TV recently. I did try and set up such notification but I didn't find the Land Registry website very straightforward. Unless I got it wrong you seem to have two logins. I must go back and give it another go. 

I assume the person whose house was sold without their knowledge wasn't actually living in the property at the time?

David

Posted on 03/12/2021 07:56

David,  If you have not found it, the site you want is >here<

peedee

Bakers2 replied on 03/12/2021 08:59

Posted on 03/12/2021 08:59

Peedee thanks for the link. I knew about the vicar and identify fraud, only found out when neighbours alerted him. Last I read/heard now it seems that its a civil not police matter 😤. I heard nothing of this alert facility. Since we should be moving early in the new year I'll hang on and register at new address 🤞.

Our deeds, I have a copy, were with the solicitor that did our wills. We reviewed our wills and made POA 's in 2019 after another of OH nasty health scares! You can offer deeds to your local Record Office, they were always sort after for all sorts of research 😉. It seems so dreadful that it's all lost as Land Registry destroy them. We always loved being offered the contents of solicitors cellars 🤣

The solicitors we were passed to, our old family firm had closed years before and passed our documents to a bigger company which we had known about from the beginning. However we  weren't keen when we met them, it was actually the day of the evening the event happened, and I didn't like their attitude when I phoned next day to say he was in hospital following heart attack. There was nothing wrong with our wills, just a slight change in the 20 plus years about trusts, we hold the property as tenants in common and not jointly., We had a change when house prices got silly and clashed with IHT 😱. She, the solicitor, wanted to come to the hospital.and expedite immediately!!! Again it's changed so no issue. I digress!

We were recommended a great solicitor at a large company, sadly she's moved on 😪, who did all the work brilliantly BUT importantly put on wills one the NATIONAL WILL REGISTER. I don't have details to hand but our friend Google may help. I understand this was brought in to cover just these senerios where small solicitors either close or get taken over. I think it's as well to chat about your will and wishes with a knowledgable professional every few years as things change. I'm certainly very glad my parents did and that we did.

It's another thing to get sorted, sometimes being lucky enough to have a own your own house and have  funds to pass on brings so many additional complications and I see no reason to give the tax man, HMG 😉, any more than is necessary at any stage. Pay your dues yes, but after that its been earned and taxed so they've had their bite(s) thank you very much.

If I can find the details of the national will register I'll post but please forgive me as sorting stuff, reading surveys and Christmas as a bit more pressing at present.

Goldie146 replied on 03/12/2021 09:32

Posted on 03/12/2021 09:32

If any of you night owls watched News at Ten (or five past ten) last night, and stayed with it through the doom and gloom, you would have seen at the end, our farm, and son James talking about the government's new farming/environment polices, following on from George Eustice's speech yesterday. Link to speech below.

I'm sorry there's no link to the film on the News. We stayed up late to watch it (but recorded it in case we fell asleep.)

Don't feel obliged to read all this. We get a name check.

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/environment-secretary-speech-at-cla-conference-2-december-2021

JVB66 replied on 03/12/2021 09:55

Posted on 03/12/2021 09:55

Last year we had all our lamp posts converted to LEDs and the posts were all repainted,, a today a program has started to replace all the lamp posts in the road and with different type of LED headsyell

DavidKlyne replied on 03/12/2021 10:14

Posted on 03/12/2021 07:31 by peedee

We had a special signed for deliver today from the Solicitors Regulatory Authority and enclosed were our house deeds and wills. The reason we have them is that they closed down our solicitors and inherited all the paperwork. In fairness I don't think it was our local branch that was involved but more the people that owned the company as far as I can discover.

You were lucky, I had the same problem (found out by accident at the beginning of the year) and inspite of trying to get my documents which were sent to an archived depositary last year, I have not suceeded. I eventually gave up and we just went to another solicitors and redid our wills. They needed updating anyway so it was no bad thing to do. Our house is already registered so I am not really concerned about not having the the title deeds.

peedee

Posted on 03/12/2021 10:14

Peedee

They originally wrote to us in September. We had to gather together various documents. I think it was less than a month ago that we eventually sent all the documentation off to them so I was a bit surprised at the relatively quick turn round.

David

brue replied on 03/12/2021 10:32

Posted on 03/12/2021 09:32 by Goldie146

If any of you night owls watched News at Ten (or five past ten) last night, and stayed with it through the doom and gloom, you would have seen at the end, our farm, and son James talking about the government's new farming/environment polices, following on from George Eustice's speech yesterday. Link to speech below.

I'm sorry there's no link to the film on the News. We stayed up late to watch it (but recorded it in case we fell asleep.)

Don't feel obliged to read all this. We get a name check.

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/environment-secretary-speech-at-cla-conference-2-december-2021

Posted on 03/12/2021 10:32

Actually Goldie, it's a good read and I'm pleased some of you got a mention!

On a different tack.......Yesterday OH spotted a notice at our local Butcher, something about "last chance for a pheasant." He went in as we buy a brace for Christmas and the butcher was about to freeze the fresh stock. Apparently bird flu has reduced getting supplies. Anyway, just by luck or charm OH was handed a free partridge so he had that for tea last night.

I noticed a neighbour has takens her chickens inside. 

Francis replied on 03/12/2021 18:08

Posted on 03/12/2021 18:08

We arrived on site here at half 4 pitched up in the dark and it’s very very cold outside but nice and warm in the van. Site is actually quite busy considering the time of year. Not much planned tonight just a night in the van with a few drinks and the telly. Plan tomorrow is to head over to Edinburgh and pay a visit to 2nd oldest son and grandsons who live there

Bakers2 replied on 03/12/2021 20:06

Posted on 03/12/2021 20:06

Just been to Tesco to top up with petrol in anticipation of flying visit to son and grandson tomorrow, might catch a glimpse of DIL. Want to get away early, never was easy with OH and has got much worse 😤😡 as I don't want to do 'big' road driving in the dark if I can avoid.

Checked prices on board this morning, 144.? For petrol, got to pump set up for pay at pump, pick up the E5 pump and am shocked it shows 151.? On the display, glance at inside of petrol flap, E5 95 and E10 99. Cancel and start again using E10 pump, price shows as 144.? So the premium momentum fuel is now dispensed via E5 ..........

Been grey and overcast all day with occasional drizzle but not too cold. Slow start as I couldn't get moving 😱. Before leaving the drive for the dog walk I had a catch up with a neighbour.  When we got to the local estate I saw several dog walkers I'd not seen for ages more chat. Then as I got towards the house I could hear drumming and up the drive comes a wonderful sounding sports car, I know very little about cars but it purred deeply and I was smitten,  groom sitting on the rear of the car. An Indian wedding. So stood and watched the drumming, dancing and arrival of the groom. Boy were the outfits wonderful, everyone very posh and only just 10am. There are often weddings there especially Friday's it was exhilarating.  British weddings are beautifully sedate and lovely to see but the Indian ones are really uplifting, not to mention expensive! When we were in Bangkok there was one in our hotel, it lasted 5 days and the outfits spectacular- extremely glad I wasn't picking up the bill, a different restaurant privately hired within the hotel. They are always very well attended too!

Then back to take OH to opticians, slight tweak needed so new glasses as he doesn't have a spare pair, so that's his Christmas present sorted 🤣🤣. I also got our house survey printed, our printer won't talk to either of my devises 😡. 59 pages at 15p.... I cannot read things properly on a screen. Good report the only items marked with 3's, cause for concern, are horizontal bannisters and possibly internal glass doors, which we knew about and will sort when we decorate, but as they were acceptable when the house was built we don't have to. Another hurdle crossed, next week I need to sort insurance cover. I then finished writing all our Christmas cards, I had done a sitting earlier in the week. so feeling tired but pleased and satisfied with my day.

Good to read other's news. Enjoy your weekend whatever you do 😀. I hope those still without power are in good spirits! And thinking of all those trying to restore supplies in very difficult conditions. Doesn't get much coverage on the main news channels, its too far form London 🤬🤐

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook