What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 03/12/2021 20:19

Posted on 03/12/2021 18:14 by Cornersteady

A damp but mostly dry day and a brilliant walk around Buttermere. Those sheep are still staring at me though!

Posted on 03/12/2021 20:19

I was wondering what they were thinking and did have an idea but feeling generous I've decided to keep it to myself.😱😂 (Nice photos though)

Taxi service again so as MiL was in town we called into Tesco. Amazing really. Last week we saw a couple in their late 20s or thereabouts. No mask on despite being in Wales. This week there they were both masked up. Wonder if they are disciples of Pinnochio?

Had to do a bit more gutter clearing due to the leaf fall over the weekend as some gutters showed sign of blocking. Must put some chicken wire down. We used to have some over the holes but lost a big chunk of guttering in a big storm in Spring and I've forgotten to replace the wire.

Enjoy the weekend everyone, especially those away.

nelliethehooker replied on 03/12/2021 20:48

Posted on 03/12/2021 07:56 by peedee

David,  If you have not found it, the site you want is >here<

peedee

Posted on 03/12/2021 20:48

Thanks for the link, peedee. Have just registered, or at least I think I have, and it was very easy.

Completed the polishing of the inside of the van today, along with getting all the covers on the seats and the floor covering down, so at least we are prepared for when we can get away. Will hopefully have some idea when after tomorrow's visit to the opticians

ABM replied on 03/12/2021 22:22

Posted on 03/12/2021 22:22

WN,  I will try to enjoy the week-end but I'm already severely depressed now, having heard the court case about 6 year old Arthurs sad life --  I have a good big tree opposite my house and can soon provide a noose of razor wire if required cry.

DSB replied on 03/12/2021 23:08

Posted on 03/12/2021 20:48 by nelliethehooker

Thanks for the link, peedee. Have just registered, or at least I think I have, and it was very easy.

Completed the polishing of the inside of the van today, along with getting all the covers on the seats and the floor covering down, so at least we are prepared for when we can get away. Will hopefully have some idea when after tomorrow's visit to the opticians

Posted on 03/12/2021 23:08

I've taken all the bedding, towels and similar out of the van now that we've come to the conclusion that we are unlikely to get out in the van now until the new year.  As usual, November and December are turning out to be the usual chaotic round of rehearsals and performances - even with the Covid situation.

I do need to do a caravan table repair.  Our slide out table (ttached to the front chest of draws) seems to have lost its magnetic catch which holds the table in, in transit.  I've managed to get some really small/ thin magnetic catches which I need to install.  Perhaps a visit up to the storeage tomorrow.

David

JVB66 replied on 04/12/2021 10:54

Posted on 04/12/2021 10:54

Fog here this morning ,now cleared ad very sunny,,

My Daughter phoned to see how OH is getting on and told me about the latest application for  HGV drivers job at her company

Woman driver from Brazil? all the correct paperwork ? except photo copies? Daughter told her they would be in touch after checks made,  £20.000 fine if they take on anyone they should not,

,Applicant turned up on Thursday ,complete with three suitcases ,said could ,start now before checks done? as she had left her old driving job ,and was aware all the HGV vehicles with this  company had Sleeper cabs 

ABM replied on 04/12/2021 16:17

Posted on 04/12/2021 16:17

Not sure, David, how much of a struggle it will be for you to fix the table.  I've spent a very uncomfortable few hours standing on my head, then getting up to answer blooming phone, followed by the same sequence a couple of times more !! Finished the job ( replacing one of those Slow Closing Toilet Seats In a very, very tight space yell). Then decided to go and visit the phone caller who has cards and presents for me ( surprised ) only to hear the gentle sound of a Fiat Sevel diesel engine make similar noises to yours truly  embarassed. Now I'm on here while the charger does me a favour  or so I m hoping sealed

P.S. / Edit  And now it it absolutely Hammering Down -- dare not go out now in case I melt  cool

nelliethehooker replied on 04/12/2021 20:09

Posted on 04/12/2021 20:09

I got rather wet this morning collecting the car after our visit to the opticians as it was blowing a hoolie and hammering down. Slight change to my prescription, and some evidence of cataracts forming, but just age related and nothing to be concerned about, just glasses needed but no requirement for a further visit for the next 2 yrs, although OH has been told that she needs to change to a yearly visit. So new glasses for both of us and all told a rather expensive morning out. We just now have to wait for the new glasses before we can head off again for our Xmas trip.

I did manage one dry walk with Flyte and a couple others where I needed the full wet weather gear, but it looks like the rain has stopped and the wind dropped a bit so might get away with with final walk in the dry.

nelliethehooker replied on 04/12/2021 20:17

Posted on 03/12/2021 22:22 by ABM

WN,  I will try to enjoy the week-end but I'm already severely depressed now, having heard the court case about 6 year old Arthurs sad life --  I have a good big tree opposite my house and can soon provide a noose of razor wire if required cry.

Posted on 04/12/2021 20:17

Hope that the Attorney General's Office see fit to increase the sentence, as petitioned by an MP.

This should cheer you up a bit, ABM, I hope.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-59531846

Takethedogalong replied on 04/12/2021 20:18

Posted on 04/12/2021 20:18

Hello from snowy Hadrian’s Wall😁 We are cosy now in our little cottage after a less than perfect drive up. Only got 10 miles before we hit standing traffic on the A1😡 Took to the B roads, but the powers that B had very kindly closed off other routes for no reason whatsoever, and with no signage😡😡😡 Anyway, we eventually got round the hold up, and once past Wetherby made brilliant progress. Nice drive up after that. Howling Gale at the moment blowing down from Scotland (someone needs to put up a Wall🤣) but location and cottage are everything we hoped for. The snow was a bonus. Pooch loves it, he has a new chum called Branston. Hope everyone else ok and safe. 👍

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook