What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

milliehull replied on 12/05/2024 19:14

Posted on 12/05/2024 19:14

I attach (hopefully and belatedly!) some photos of Cambridge Botanic Gardens on Thursday. Yes it is always open to the public and is a wonderful place to visit. You can be there all day and not see it all. There are some wonderful and interesting glass houses, although we couldnt stay in there too long this time as they were too hot! There is also a cafe and small shop. The weather has been wonderful this weekend. We spent the afternoon today in our grand-daughter's garden while our great grandson had a wonderful time splashing about in his paddling pool.

So pleased  to hear your visit with your consultant went better than hoped WN. We stayed a few times at Clumber Park tda and thoroughly enjoyed it especially the walled garden. We weren't keen on the church though - too dark. Glad you are feeling a bit better DEBSC. I hope you have a safe journey home Helen.

Freddy55 replied on 12/05/2024 21:22

Posted on 12/05/2024 19:14 by milliehull

I attach (hopefully and belatedly!) some photos of Cambridge Botanic Gardens on Thursday. Yes it is always open to the public and is a wonderful place to visit. You can be there all day and not see it all. There are some wonderful and interesting glass houses, although we couldnt stay in there too long this time as they were too hot! There is also a cafe and small shop. The weather has been wonderful this weekend. We spent the afternoon today in our grand-daughter's garden while our great grandson had a wonderful time splashing about in his paddling pool.

So pleased  to hear your visit with your consultant went better than hoped WN. We stayed a few times at Clumber Park tda and thoroughly enjoyed it especially the walled garden. We weren't keen on the church though - too dark. Glad you are feeling a bit better DEBSC. I hope you have a safe journey home Helen.

Posted on 12/05/2024 21:22

I didn’t know that there’s a botanical garden in Cambridge. We’ve visited the one in Oxford a couple of times, which I can recommend.

I’ve made a mental note to visit Cambridge as we’ve never visited before. The CCC’s site at St Neots is ideally located.

nelliethehooker replied on 12/05/2024 21:37

Posted on 12/05/2024 21:37

Lovely photos, Millie, looks a super place to visit. 

Good to read that those hat are away are having fine weather.

Helen, have a safe tow home tomorrow, you certainly picked the right week for your trip away.

Glad thst you have managed to get away for a few days, tda, and have had a restful time Sat Clumber.

Thanks for the links, OP, the places look well worth a visit, so duely noted.

nelliethehooker replied on 12/05/2024 21:45

Posted on 12/05/2024 21:45

It has been cloudy all day up here, with quite a strong breeze which first blew in yesterday evening. We took a walk this morning from Portknockie past the Bow Fiddle Rock nearly to Cullen along the shore path. After lunch we went to view the ruins of Findlatter Castle before returning to the van. I then had another walk along the coastal path from the site past Findochty to take the photo of the old village above Sandy Creek. 

DavidKlyne replied on 12/05/2024 22:41

Posted on 12/05/2024 21:22 by Freddy55

I didn’t know that there’s a botanical garden in Cambridge. We’ve visited the one in Oxford a couple of times, which I can recommend.

I’ve made a mental note to visit Cambridge as we’ve never visited before. The CCC’s site at St Neots is ideally located.

Posted on 12/05/2024 22:41

The Cambridge Botanic Gardens has an interesting "Winter Garden" if you go earlier in the year. It just illustrates how you can have colour in your garden even in the depths of winter. Why not use the CMC or CCC sites in Cambridge? If you take the bus, I think I would avoid taking a car into Cambridge, I think its the stop after the railways station. 

David

Freddy55 replied on 12/05/2024 22:52

Posted on 12/05/2024 22:52

Hiya David.

We’ve used the St Neots site previously and like it a lot as it’s right next to the Great Ouse. That said, I’ll check out the CCC site in Cambridge 👍

milliehull replied on 13/05/2024 07:41

Posted on 12/05/2024 21:22 by Freddy55

Posted on 13/05/2024 07:41

Freddy55 parking is difficult for the gardens. The best way is to get the bus to the railway station and it is about a straightforward 10 minute walk from there to one of the entrances. That is the way we have always done it in the past.

Freddy55 replied on 13/05/2024 09:32

Posted on 13/05/2024 09:32

Thanks for that Millie. I should have mentioned, when visiting a city, we generally look for a Park & Ride facility. Not sure when we might visit, but unusually we haven’t got much booked this year, so it’s looking on the cards 👍

Cartledge replied on 13/05/2024 10:41

Posted on 13/05/2024 10:41

So, what are we up to?

This weekend Friday to Tuesday, is the Spring Fellowship rally of ICFR, the International Caravanning Fellowship of Rotarians on Stratford upon Avon Racecourse. We have 55 units, (and contents) enjoying wonderful company, food and entertainment for four days. So good to meet up with old friends and make new ones, with like-minded people. Come and join us, you will receive a very warm welcome. ICFR runs around 25 rallies a year, as small as 15 units to our Spring and Autumn Fellowship events which might do 60 units. Not overly organised so plenty to do on your own during the day or just chill with friends. This week we had a presentation on Shakespeare (inevitable) a rock band, and a local choir tonight.

Rallies are organised overseas too, Spain, France, Italy, Germany and others and in Australia, NZ, South Africa too.

Come and join us, we are just a social group of caravaners, who mostly happen to be Rotarians. No obligation, come and give us a try. Look at our ICFR Facebook pages and our website.

Best wishes

Peter.

DavidKlyne replied on 13/05/2024 22:16

Posted on 13/05/2024 22:16

Went to IKEA today. They seem to have changed their coffee arrangements. In the past we have just paid for coffee gone to the machine and filled up with we usually have. But now it seems you have to specify the type of coffee and you get a QR to scan at the coffee maker. Not sure why the change as seemingly you can still go back for more? 

Another strange thing with IKEA is that a few weeks ago I was told my Family Card had been cancelled through lack of use, odd that we only used it about a month ago. I did do a new one and added it to my phone wallet. However today Margaret successfully used the old card, all very odd.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook