What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Freddy55 replied on 14/05/2024 22:56

Posted on 14/05/2024 21:29 by Oneputt

Dropped Mrs One in Aylsham where she travelled home by bus pass. Meanwhile I drove cross country to Rookesbury Park.had a real in a large lay-by just outside of Oxford, started to drive off and as I was joining the A34 the dash lit up like a pin ball table, car initially lacked power but eventually it perked up.  When it settled down the only light on the dash was ABS so I guess it’s a sensor.

A lot of rain on the way down and sudden temperature drop from 22C to 14C.

I guess Rookesbury is only half full at the moment.  As I’m travelling by myself the price was better than local CLs 

Posted on 14/05/2024 22:56

Yes. I had to replace both of my rear ABS sensors, as I was getting a whole range of alerts (on screen) that on the face of it, were only vaguely related. All ok now.

Takethedogalong replied on 15/05/2024 09:22

Posted on 14/05/2024 19:50 by mickysf

Enjoyed a trip to Portmeirion today. Haven’t been there since I was about nine years old whilst on a caravanning holiday with my parents. It hasn’t changed much from what I remember. We were then staying on Mochras which at that time was like a CL with only a handful of vans/tents allowed.

Yes, Portmeirion is quirky and has that certain false feeling about it but it seems to have achieved and maintained this with some degree of decorum and style.  The grounds, beaches, walks and vistas from the village, which look across Bae Tremadoc, are absolutely stunning. Specimen trees and flora have been planted and make for a pleasant stroll. We departed with ‘be seeing you’ ringing in our ears!

We finished the day with a visit to the Glaslyn Ospreys. The sun shone and the birds put on a show for us. Recommended. Loved it.

Posted on 15/05/2024 09:22

Can highly recommend a visit to the National Slate Museum at Llanberis, if you are in area. Very interesting. Dolbadarn Castle is close by, with stunning views.

Takethedogalong replied on 15/05/2024 10:19

Posted on 15/05/2024 10:19

Something I meant to post a while ago. If anyone is like me, with foot issues and has trouble finding nice shoes, without killer heels, suitable for weddings, special occasions etc…. then I can highly recommend this company…..

https://memery.co.uk/collections/vintage-style-shoes

I bought a pair of blue suede shoes, with heels, and trimmed them up a little more for a wedding in March. Wore them all day, without my custom insoles, and they were very comfy. I don’t like all the styles, but they are so different, superb quality, and the company are a dream to order from. Intend getting more, as I need. If this helps others, then that’s good👍😁 You get a hefty 20% off your first order as well.

DavidKlyne replied on 15/05/2024 20:31

Posted on 15/05/2024 20:31

At long last got my appointment through for the x-rays on my knees. About four weeks after seeing my doctor and no appointment I decided to ring the x-ray department at MK Hospital. The young lady on the phone informed me that they had not received any request from my doctor for an x-ray!!!! Phoned the surgery, with a promise that someone would ring me back, didn't happen. On our online system we can see quite a lot of information now and whilst I could see the the doctor flagged up the request it clearly had not been actioned. Went back online the following day and I could see that the request had been sent to the hospital so someone had slipped up? Full marks to MK Hospital for dealing with it quite quickly. Had I not checked I wonder how long it would have been before someone noticed?

David

Wherenext replied on 15/05/2024 21:17

Posted on 15/05/2024 21:17

Had 3 full on days, mainly of restocking plants for the garden and part of the time taken up with making space for them.

Whilst Forget-me-Nots are colourful and plentiful they have come to their end so some Annuals and Perennials chosen and installed, under MiLs beady eye. Actually she's invaluable. Her father was head gardener at a "House" in Scotland but WWii put paid to that so she's accumulated a lot of knowledge and our go to garden nerd.laughing

Some bathroom tiling maintenance and general shopping for food and clothes has kept all of us busy.

Hope one and all are well, particularly DEBSC and OH.

nelliethehooker replied on 15/05/2024 21:44

Posted on 15/05/2024 21:44

Another beautiful sunny day, with a gentle breeze which kept the temperature at a bearable level.  We had 3 short walks on the coast path today before doing the necessary shopping as we next head well away from any large town tomorrow.  

Here are a variety of photos from the last few days. Can't guarantee that they will appear in the proper order.

War Memorial at Findochty; Cormorant Island near Sandy Crerk; 64yr old Messerschmitt Roadster; Beach cabin at Spey Bay, 

mickysf replied on 15/05/2024 22:08

Posted on 15/05/2024 22:08

Hot, breathless 10 mile hike around the headland looking out to Ynys Enlli. (Bardsey Island)  Stunning scenery. A short part of the coastal walk was closed meaning a longer detour but well worth the effort. Thanks for the tip about the slate mines TtDA but we have done these before and agree with you, very informative., 

Freddy55 replied on 15/05/2024 22:30

Posted on 15/05/2024 22:30

Visited Greenwich today. It is indeed a lovely spot WN 👍 After a look around the market, we sat and had a drink at Gipsy Moth, a pub adjacent to the Cutty Sark, really nice with the sunshine. From there we went to the Maritime Museum. A bit disappointed TBH, but highlighted with a ‘joining in’ with a sea shanty. First and last time I’ll be singing in public 😬 I would have liked to have visited the Royal Observatory but by this time Mrs Freddy was struggling. To be fair, it looked like something of a climb up the hill. Blimey, it doesn’t seem that long ago we were walking up Scafell Pike🙁

Tomorrow (our last day here) we’re going to the Imperial War Museum.

Freddy55 replied on 15/05/2024 23:00

Posted on 15/05/2024 20:31 by DavidKlyne

At long last got my appointment through for the x-rays on my knees. About four weeks after seeing my doctor and no appointment I decided to ring the x-ray department at MK Hospital. The young lady on the phone informed me that they had not received any request from my doctor for an x-ray!!!! Phoned the surgery, with a promise that someone would ring me back, didn't happen. On our online system we can see quite a lot of information now and whilst I could see the the doctor flagged up the request it clearly had not been actioned. Went back online the following day and I could see that the request had been sent to the hospital so someone had slipped up? Full marks to MK Hospital for dealing with it quite quickly. Had I not checked I wonder how long it would have been before someone noticed?

David

Posted on 15/05/2024 23:00

Hiya David. I fear that the NHS is in a sorry state. My OH has been struggling for quite some time and is pretty much in constant pain. Problems with her hip, knees and neck, possibly all connected. She’s done the physio thing and is awaiting an appointment with the skeletal dept. It might be that a hip replacement is on the cards, gawd knows how long that might take. 
As for getting an appointment with the doctor, we have to jump through hoops to get one, it’s all done online now. I remember when home visits were the norm. We’ve also experienced issues with prescriptions getting lost in the system. All this said, I don’t blame the doctors, I can understand that they must be under tremendous pressure, too many patients, too few doctors. Incidentally, our local practice is under threat of closure, due to lack of funds. I wrote to our MP two months ago, raising my concerns. I’ve had no response.

DSB replied on 15/05/2024 23:54

Posted on 15/05/2024 23:00 by Freddy55

Hiya David. I fear that the NHS is in a sorry state. My OH has been struggling for quite some time and is pretty much in constant pain. Problems with her hip, knees and neck, possibly all connected. She’s done the physio thing and is awaiting an appointment with the skeletal dept. It might be that a hip replacement is on the cards, gawd knows how long that might take. 
As for getting an appointment with the doctor, we have to jump through hoops to get one, it’s all done online now. I remember when home visits were the norm. We’ve also experienced issues with prescriptions getting lost in the system. All this said, I don’t blame the doctors, I can understand that they must be under tremendous pressure, too many patients, too few doctors. Incidentally, our local practice is under threat of closure, due to lack of funds. I wrote to our MP two months ago, raising my concerns. I’ve had no response.

Posted on 15/05/2024 23:54

Freddy - it sound like your OH is in the same position as my wife, Carol.  So much pain, she can hardly sleep - and so many pain killers.  They won't even consider hip replacement until she has lost some weight.  She has problems with her back and knees too - and a wrist op probably sometime in the summer.  Arthritis is taking its toll on many at the moment.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook