What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DSB replied on 27/05/2024 00:38

Posted on 27/05/2024 00:38

We've arrived at Putts Corner today.  Quite busy here - and had to set up in the rain.  Hoping for better weather tomorrow.  Have a good time, those who are 'out and about'.

David

Francis replied on 27/05/2024 13:55

Posted on 27/05/2024 13:55

We are home after an excellent3 night break at The Woods AS site near Stirling. Friday and Saturday the weather was great nice and warm so lots of time to sit out and enjoy the views yesterday it poured all day but we still managed to go a drive across to Fife and visit some nice seaside villages. Luckily this morning it was dry so we got packed up ok. Nice site for anyone in the area lovely views and a pub on site too that do excellent meals which is handy. Easy one and a half hour tow home today got van away and unpacked not away next weekend as we are going to a classic car show hopefully get away again for a couple of nights soon.

Hope everyone else has had a nice bank holiday weekend 

Cornersteady replied on 27/05/2024 21:15

Posted on 27/05/2024 21:15

Heavy torrential rain most of the afternoon here at Melrose but luckily we arrived and we were set up just before it started but a glorious sunset now.

Most pitches took on a little water but the tarmac pitches are now surrounding a lake!

nelliethehooker replied on 27/05/2024 21:39

Posted on 27/05/2024 21:39

David, Enjoy your stay at Putts Corner, and at Melrose Corners, hopefully the weather will improve for you both.

Glad to read that you had a pleasant time at The Woods, Francis, it is not a site that we have used. 

It was a much better day overall today although we had periods when we couldn't see more than 100 m due to sea frets. Drove down the coast to Lunan Beach where we had a walk on the sands to Rickle Craig cliffs, where there were Fulmers and House Martins nesting on the crags. Stopped off to see Red Castle on the way back.

The photos are from today and of some of the residents of Balgavies Loch.

DSB replied on 28/05/2024 08:24

Posted on 28/05/2024 08:24

[Well....that last post seems to have disappeared whilst I was editing it!!... so hear goes again.....]

Thanks Nellie.... We're only hear a few days.  Weather has been a bit mixed... here mainly to visit our daughter who lives in Exeter and has currently broken her foot!!  Weather has been a bit 'mixed'.  We'll be down this way again in the summer, but have decided to try Exeter Racecourese for a few nights, before a longer stay at Hunter's,Moon.

For our 'Northern trip', we've booked Melrose (and Durham Grange) for a short stay on our way up to Stonehaven, in the summer, Corners.  Both will be a 'new destination' for us.  The flood looks a little worrying!!  Staying at South Meadows (Private site near Belfort) and Bridlington on the way back.

Hope you enjoy your time away Nellie, Corners, and anyone else who is out and about.  

David

Cornersteady replied on 28/05/2024 08:40

Posted on 28/05/2024 08:24 by DSB

[Well....that last post seems to have disappeared whilst I was editing it!!... so hear goes again.....]

Thanks Nellie.... We're only hear a few days.  Weather has been a bit mixed... here mainly to visit our daughter who lives in Exeter and has currently broken her foot!!  Weather has been a bit 'mixed'.  We'll be down this way again in the summer, but have decided to try Exeter Racecourese for a few nights, before a longer stay at Hunter's,Moon.

For our 'Northern trip', we've booked Melrose (and Durham Grange) for a short stay on our way up to Stonehaven, in the summer, Corners.  Both will be a 'new destination' for us.  The flood looks a little worrying!!  Staying at South Meadows (Private site near Belfort) and Bridlington on the way back.

Hope you enjoy your time away Nellie, Corners, and anyone else who is out and about.  

David

Posted on 28/05/2024 08:40

I think you'll enjoy Melrose, don't worry about the flooding. It was four hours of torrential rain and the gravel pitches took it well. In 24 years of coming here it's never been a problem.

Lovely sunny morning now.

DSB replied on 28/05/2024 09:16

Posted on 28/05/2024 08:40 by Cornersteady

I think you'll enjoy Melrose, don't worry about the flooding. It was four hours of torrential rain and the gravel pitches took it well. In 24 years of coming here it's never been a problem.

Lovely sunny morning now.

Posted on 28/05/2024 09:16

👍👍👍  Thanks Corners...Raining here at Putts Corner... 🙂

David

mickysf replied on 28/05/2024 16:13

Posted on 28/05/2024 16:13

Well, that’s it, our three week tour of the West Wales Coast has come to an end. We’ve travel from Deeside to Anglesey, from The Llyn Peninsula to the headlands of Pembrokeshire. Seen so much nature, dolphins, choughs, Osprey, lizards, snakes, wildflowers galore and a wealth of insect life. To be honest I wasn’t expecting such rugged beauty and wild seas and the weather has been great for most of the time. It’s been a revelation and an experience I’d well recommend. Now on to Brecon and the final leg home.

Wherenext replied on 28/05/2024 18:24

Posted on 28/05/2024 18:24

Your trip has sounded wonderful Micky. In addition to all that wildlife there is plenty of history to be found in the Principality, from ancient times through the Middle Ages to the Industrial history with the odd castle thrown in. 

We've had an interesting few  days. We found ourselves at a community hospital just before midnight on Sunday night as Mrs.WN had a B.P. reading that was considered dangerous. She regularly takes it along with one for her mother.  Anyway she has, much to her chagrin, been allocated some B.P. meds and hopefully referred on to our surgery for further tests. I have no idea what she's had to be worried about these couple of years. Apart from a continuous headache (not me) she says she feels fine. So we'll see.

Shingle jabs tomorrow so we'll ask at surgery about follow up.

nelliethehooker replied on 28/05/2024 21:36

Posted on 28/05/2024 21:36

We've had an interesting few  days. We found ourselves at a community hospital just before midnight on Sunday night as Mrs.WN had a B.P. reading that was considered dangerous. She regularly takes it along with one for her mother.  Anyway she has, much to her chagrin, been allocated some B.P. meds and hopefully referred on to our surgery for further tests. I have no idea what she's had to be worried about these couple of years. Apart from a continuous headache (not me) she says she feels fine. So we'll see. Shingle jabs tomorrow so we'll ask at surgery about follow up.

Sorry to hear that about your OH, WN, but hopefully the tablets will help to bring her BP back to normal and that the tests at the surgery help to find what the root cause of her headaches are.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook