2023 Six Nations

nelliethehooker replied on 01/02/2023 21:39

Posted on 01/02/2023 21:39

Amid lots of controversy the championship starts on this weekend. Will Ireland live up to their World No.1 position or will it be France again? What are England's chances under their new coach Steve Borthwick, another series of "what might have been"? Can Warren Gatland inspire the Welsh player again to perform above expectations? Can Scotland at last deliver? Lots of questions to answered over the next few weeks....looking forward to them being answered.

nelliethehooker replied on 13/03/2023 21:38

Posted on 12/03/2023 22:33 by ABM

I hope the " Irish  Patient { aka Gary  Ringrose } " is ok this evening, Nth  -- he struggled to raise his hand off his chest to give the fans a " Thumbs up "  but at least he shewed that he was conscious even if ailing somewhat.

Very Best Wishes for the lad 'cos we all know just how dangerous Head Injuries can be, even in years to come !!

Posted on 13/03/2023 21:38

I see that he is still being assessed, and will not begin the Ireland team for the England game. Iain Henderson is also out of the game having sustained a broken arm on Sunday. However the Irish now have strength in depths they will not be greatly depleted. They could also be with out Cadman Doris and that will be a big miss for them should that be the case.

ABM replied on 13/03/2023 22:49

Posted on 13/03/2023 22:49

Er, er,  Nellie the lad is six' four" [6' 4"]  and 16 stone plus, so if I were you  I'd get his name right or he might just come looking for you  surprised Tis Caelan Doris  .........  Honest  wink

nelliethehooker replied on 17/03/2023 21:30

Posted on 13/03/2023 22:49 by ABM

Er, er,  Nellie the lad is six' four" [6' 4"]  and 16 stone plus, so if I were you  I'd get his name right or he might just come looking for you  surprised Tis Caelan Doris  .........  Honest  wink

Posted on 17/03/2023 21:30

That was definitely a result of predictive text, and me not checking it before posting, as I checked out the spelling of his name before posting!! Honest.😁,

As it happens he has been declared fit and is in the side for tomorrow. Woe betide England. It should now be the Grand Slam for Ireland, theirs to loose I think.

ABM replied on 18/03/2023 23:42

Posted on 18/03/2023 23:42

INDEED !! And they lived up to your expectations as well  cry,  such that Mighty England thought they should try playing with League numbers ~~ Actually its just a clever way of 'resting' players before the R U World Cup  wink

nelliethehooker replied on 19/03/2023 20:28

Posted on 18/03/2023 23:42 by ABM

INDEED !! And they lived up to your expectations as well  cry,  such that Mighty England thought they should try playing with League numbers ~~ Actually its just a clever way of 'resting' players before the R U World Cup  wink

Posted on 19/03/2023 20:28

It was a ridiculous decision by the ref to red card him, and spoilt what was up to then a pretty even contest. There was no way that England had a chance after that! 

The best game of the day was the Scotland/Italy one, and what a way to finish it!!

ABM replied on 22/03/2023 21:48

Posted on 22/03/2023 21:48

I Guess you are quietly celebrating that Red Card and all attached restrictions / punishment has been rescinded , Nellie. The lad will be able to " lead with his shoulder " when he is next selected wink

nelliethehooker replied on 22/03/2023 21:58

Posted on 22/03/2023 21:48 by ABM

I Guess you are quietly celebrating that Red Card and all attached restrictions / punishment has been rescinded , Nellie. The lad will be able to " lead with his shoulder " when he is next selected wink

Posted on 22/03/2023 21:58

No celebration, as the result still stands. It may have been a different outcome had the correct decision been given at the time. As for leading with his shoulder, reading the result of the inquiry, they concurred that he was attempting to avoid the collision when he and Keenan collided. However others may disagree!!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook