2024 Six Nations

Tinwheeler replied on 01/02/2024 19:19

Posted on 01/02/2024 19:19

It all kicks off again tomorrow with France v Ireland. 

It's difficult to guess what might happen this year with so many familiar faces not taking part and new ones appearing. It’s good, mind, that things move on and new blood gets a chance but Ireland without Sexton is almost unthinkable.

Let's hope for a good tournament. 👍🏻

nelliethehooker replied on 09/03/2024 21:44

Posted on 09/03/2024 21:44

It just goes to show how unpredictable the championship is, although I think home advantage has had quite a lot to do with the results. Really good for the game all round that the (albeit slight) underdogs are able to upset applecart. Two fine contests with not too much "tactical" kicking, for a change. A Wales win, in another exciting game, tomorrow would put the icing on the cake. Could it be that France finish at the bottom of the table this year....that would be a real humiliation for them after their success in the World Cup?

Freddy55 replied on 09/03/2024 23:48

Posted on 09/03/2024 23:48

Fantastic result for Italy, who were very unlucky a couple of weeks ago against France. To these untrained eyes, it looked like England finally turned up against Ireland, in what was, a thrilling game. TBH, I didn’t give England a chance as the Irish looked unstoppable.

moulesy replied on 10/03/2024 08:54

Posted on 10/03/2024 08:54

The best weekend (so far) of the tournament without doubt! smile

Scotland seem to be a great 40 minute team - not sure whether it's arrogance or simply lack of common sense which ruins their second half displays - Italy certainly deserved their win and their young team are now proving the doubters wrong, they deserve their place in the tournament.

England were a revelation, at last living up to their reputation with two superb running moves for their tries. Ireland will run their missed chances but will almost certainly go on to retain the title next week. And is there any better player in the tournament than James Lowe - just unstoppable at the moment.

Hoping for a Wales win today, but fearing that,  sooner or later, France are going to explode, so anything could happen! 

Rufs replied on 10/03/2024 15:13

Posted on 10/03/2024 15:13

"Ireland will run their missed chances but will almost certainly go on to retain the title next week."

i wouldnt put money on this, 2 great matches yesterday and a great outcome for England and Italy, at least we have something to be happy about this week laughing

nelliethehooker replied on 10/03/2024 21:40

Posted on 10/03/2024 21:40

Hoping for a Wales win today, but fearing that, sooner or later, France are going to explode, so anything could happen!

Well France certainly produced the goods today, although I think Steamrollered is a more apt description of their play today. Their pack was just too big and heavy for the Welsh to contend with in the end, although Wales put up a solid performance com the first half, especially with such a relatively inexperienced and young team.

Roll on next weekend, and fingers crossed that the games live up to the performances of this round of matches.

mickysf replied on 11/03/2024 20:04

Posted on 11/03/2024 20:04

Having digested those fabulous games of this last weekend it appears to me that Ireland choked, the expectation got to them. Italy pulled through with that grit and determination driving their efforts. Scotland had a plan but it just didn’t work, in fact it was their downfall. Wales did punch through a poor French defence on occasions but that creative French flare and strength won though. Oh, how exciting next weekend will be. From outright winners to wooden spoon avoiders it’s going to be fun.

Rufs replied on 17/03/2024 07:47

Posted on 17/03/2024 07:47

Italy pulled out all the stops again, good for them they have been the underdogs since joining the tournament, i thought Englad played a reasonable game to be robbbed in the last couple of minutes, Ireland did what they had to do well, hope you won lots of money ADP1963.

My OH was fuming yesterday, sport on ITV and BBC until almost bed time surprised, i am having some probs with my ears just now, so cant here the tv too well so sport is good for me i can just watch. laughing

peedee replied on 17/03/2024 08:37

Posted on 17/03/2024 08:37

Enland are there own worst enemies, they gave away too many penalties, the last one, a no arms tackle, which cost them the game could have surely been avoided. Good game though so was the Italian one. Wales have sunk to an all time low.

peedee

mickysf replied on 17/03/2024 08:57

Posted on 17/03/2024 08:57

Enjoyed every game yesterday but Italy winning in Cardiff has to be the best fo me. They really have improved immensely over the years but particularly over this 6 Nations. England, although they narrowly lost put up a good fright in France.

Today is the finals of the second tier European Rugby Nations Competition with three games being shown live and for free or later as highlights. Watch and then consider if relegation/promotion should be introduced. It would be Wales relegated this year if it happened mind!

Watch here.

https://www.rugbyeurope.eu/competitions/men-s-championship/

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook