Formula One

cyberyacht replied on 28/03/2021 08:34

Posted on 28/03/2021 08:34

I know one swallow does not a summer make but, from yesterday's qualifying, it appears that it could all be a whole lot closer this year. Sad to see that Williams are still languishing as Tail End Charlie.

cyberyacht replied on 04/07/2022 11:23

Posted on 04/07/2022 11:23

Spectacular crash yesterday. It says much for the safety features embodied in current F1 cars. Crash like that in your average road car and you would need more than a couple of paracetamol.

replied on 04/07/2022 11:45

Posted on 04/07/2022 11:23 by cyberyacht

Spectacular crash yesterday. It says much for the safety features embodied in current F1 cars. Crash like that in your average road car and you would need more than a couple of paracetamol.

Posted on 04/07/2022 11:45

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

DavidKlyne replied on 04/07/2022 18:15

Posted on 04/07/2022 18:15

Amazing to think that there were those opposed to the introduction to the Halo. Apparently it was the late Charlie Whiting who pushed for the introduction of the Halo whilst others well known in the sport were against it. 

It was an exciting race and good to see Carlos get his first win and good to see Sergio sneak into second place.

David

JollyKernow replied on 04/07/2022 19:44

Posted on 04/07/2022 19:44

Spectacular crash aside, it's good to see close racing which I would presume is down to the new regs.? It was also good to see the whole build up, race and post race discussions on C4. I don't pay for luxuries like sky sports so that was great, I didn't feel at all guilty neglecting my site works for an afternoon of brilliant racing.

What on earth did those protesters think they'd achieve? Surely not trying to get their point across to 400,000 petrolheadsyell

Good to see Merc back in the mix, just a pity George wasn't in it as well.

Anyone else think that Ferrari need to sort out their strategy and team orders?

Roll on next weekend, even if it's only the highlights for me!

JK

Oneputt replied on 29/08/2022 07:21

Posted on 29/08/2022 07:21

Another great drive by Verstappen, he was a class above everyone else.  Another strange decision by Ferrari which cost Leclerc even more points.  Don’t the team want him to win the world championship, seems like a distant dream now 

DavidKlyne replied on 29/08/2022 11:48

Posted on 29/08/2022 11:48

It was an amazing drive by Max. Not sure if the extra speed came just from the new engine or whether there have been developments elsewhere? Obviously decision made to take a new engine on a track where you can overtake which helps! I think it's only Red Bull and Ferrari that have won races this season. I can't remember what year it was but one season I seem to recall 8 different cars winning the first 8 races which does tend to make it more interesting. 

Our watching habits have changed a bit over the years. When it was live on the BBC we would watch most races live regardless of time of day. As we don't have Sky we now watch on Channel 4. We do like the presentation team on 4, however if a race is on at an unsociable hour we will record and probably only watch bits and for those races we won't even avoid the sports media desperately trying to avoid seeing the results!!!

David

Oneputt replied on 29/08/2022 14:46

Posted on 29/08/2022 14:46

Again David I tend to look at updates on sky sport website then watch highlights of FP, qualifying and the race on U Tube

mickysf replied on 29/08/2022 20:16

Posted on 29/08/2022 20:16

Forgive me for this rather old fashioned view but today’s drivers seem to be more akin to video gamers such is the technology involved. Driving skills like those we saw decades ago don’t seem to as evident. May be I’m the one behind the times but I just can’t get as excited about F1 as I used to.

DavidKlyne replied on 29/08/2022 20:43

Posted on 29/08/2022 20:16 by mickysf

Forgive me for this rather old fashioned view but today’s drivers seem to be more akin to video gamers such is the technology involved. Driving skills like those we saw decades ago don’t seem to as evident. May be I’m the one behind the times but I just can’t get as excited about F1 as I used to.

Posted on 29/08/2022 20:43

You mean like Stirling Moss who said he used to drive round the track looking at all the good looking young ladieswink

I would accept that it doesn't look quite like the seat of the pants stuff we had years and years ago, probably before I started seriously watching. But things were never going to stay the same and they must be getting something right otherwise they wouldn't fill the European tracks with so many customers if they didn't think it worth being a fan. Perhaps it's more of a personality lead sport now compared to what it used to be?

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook