How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

papgeno replied on 27/03/2021 11:45

Posted on 27/03/2021 11:45

Cheer up Brian t'Alex have reached the magic 50 points which will all but guarantee League 1 football next season.

Town seem to have developed a penchant for re-signing former players. Danny Ward returned in the summer window, mind you I don't think he's played 90 minutes in total so far this season he's always injured .

Then in the January window we signed Duane Holmes from Derby. Frank Lampard saw something in him that Rooney didn't. Now it seems that Jordan Rhodes is coming back for next season, he'll be out of contract at the Owls.

At this rate we'll have to change the name to Huddersfield reUnited !

UTT Rog⚽️

Extugger replied on 27/03/2021 18:12

Posted on 27/03/2021 18:12

Oh Gawd. Stanley shipped seven at Peterborough! What a thrashing. Dear oh dear.😒😥

moulesy replied on 28/03/2021 11:01

Posted on 27/03/2021 18:12 by Extugger

Oh Gawd. Stanley shipped seven at Peterborough! What a thrashing. Dear oh dear.😒😥

Posted on 28/03/2021 11:01

Yes, and JCH who Rovers let go at the start of the season got another hat trick. frown

Meanwhile The Gas put in another dismal goalless performance and I'm pretty much resigned now to going down.  The only thing which has gone up since Barton came is the number of fouls,  yellow and red cards we've achieved.  frown

And, having said this week he's with us for the long term, I see he is now hot favourite for the Preston job - might as well have got Joey from Friends really. You honestly couldn't make up how ineptly the club has been run this year. Three different managers and the players haven't come up to scratch for any of them. And the blame lies fairly and squarely with the head of recruitment (Tommy Widdrington, a close friend of the owner) who thought it would be a good idea to flog off all our experienced players at the start of the season and bring in a bunch of youngsters and out of favour others (all on lower wages, obviously) for a "project"! yell

Very soon I will get an email asking me to invest again in a season ticket - any advice on how I should answer it? undecided

Wherenext replied on 28/03/2021 13:13

Posted on 28/03/2021 13:13

Very soon I will get an email asking me to invest again in a season ticket - any advice on how I should answer it? 

The way things are with Rovers at the moment I think you should ask if you could have a go at the management lark seeing as you've had experience at handling a bunch of kids.

Extugger replied on 29/03/2021 06:30

Posted on 29/03/2021 06:30

Very soon I will get an email asking me to invest again in a season ticket - any advice on how I should answer it? 

I would suggest you double check your response is NOT addressed to the manager as I'm pretty sure he can't read wink I'm not a fan of the man Moulesy and hope for your sake (and the Club's) he either walks out or takes another post (preferrably away from football) very soon. Wherenext's comment has some truth in it!

Pliers replied on 29/03/2021 22:02

Posted on 29/03/2021 22:02

Goodbye to Sergio. Such a shame we’ll never see him play again.

A few tears in the Pliers household tonight, maybe OH is peeling onions.....😢⚽️😢

papgeno replied on 02/04/2021 18:31

Posted on 02/04/2021 18:31

To say that Town have been unlucky with injuries would be the understatement of the century. Take just one example.

After the January window closed we negotiated with a player released by Everton, a free agent. He needed a visa and that finally came through last week so he could be announced last Friday. 

The club arranged a friendly match for Monday this week to give some players who needed minutes. This guy slipped and did the splits and to add insult to injury one of the opposition fell on top of him. He had a contract until the end of the season, will see him play, who knows 

Pliers replied on 04/04/2021 19:05

Posted on 04/04/2021 19:05

Just been reading about the proposed ‘test events’ to hopefully open up sports / theatre / music venues to limited numbers of people.

It’s 13 months since I was at a live football match, away at Sheffield Wednesday in the FA Cup. And, although I’ve had my 1st vaccine  jab, I’d still be very cautious about attending an event with a large crowd.

What do other fans feel about returning to the stadia again?

⚽️⚽️⚽️

moulesy replied on 04/04/2021 20:08

Posted on 04/04/2021 20:08

My last game was our drubbing of the mighty Sunderland at The Mem, also about 13 months ago. Things looked so bright for The Gas then. Now, as we head for the inevitable slide down to the league basement I don't think I'll be overly keen to mix in whatever "large crowd" we can muster next year. The likes of Mansfield and Colchester don't really cut it somehow. But I've been at least once every season for the past xx years so I dare say I might force myself at some stage.  frown 

Wherenext replied on 04/04/2021 20:36

Posted on 04/04/2021 20:36

I think there's going to be quite a bit of soul searching. Is the addiction too strong? How many will be allowed in? How close will they be to you? 

It's not just sport though is it? Fancy going to an indoor event such as the theatre or cinema? Me neither.

At least outdoors you're a tad safer.

Lots of decisions and reconsiderations to be made these next few months.

At least at Rovers Moulesy you shouldn't have any problems with social distancing. Your defence has perfected it.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook