How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

papgeno replied on 12/04/2021 13:06

Posted on 12/04/2021 13:06

Town have done quite well out of  loan arrangements with Premier League clubs in previous seasons.

Unfortunately this season our only loan player is the useless keeper who is really a hologram. What on earth Man U saw in him no one knows or can fathom 

papgeno replied on 12/04/2021 17:49

Posted on 12/04/2021 17:49

Ps I forgot the lad we have on loan from Ajax  he’s not played for a while due to injury like most of our half decent players 

UTT Rog

ABM replied on 17/04/2021 23:06

Posted on 17/04/2021 23:06

Trip up to Wigin not very successful today --  indeed the first goal dropped us right in the Dodoo ! But at least the 'keeper got a good workout if nothing else. 

ABM replied on 18/04/2021 17:18

Posted on 18/04/2021 17:18

Just to set the record straight Dodoo is the Wigan player credited with scoring the first goal, despite it being the biggest deflected goal yours truly has ever seen !

papgeno replied on 18/04/2021 18:14

Posted on 18/04/2021 18:14

A very valuable three points for Town yesterday. I didn’t watch it as it was only on IFollow for an extra tenner. (I’m a Yorkshireman remember)
I decided I would be better employed in the garden. 
I had a little rest after our morning walk and really didn’t want to know the score. Couldn’t resist a sneaky peak at what I thought was half time, 0-0. In fact we scored in time added on.  
Went out to cut the lawns and had done the front when my OH came to tell me we were one up. Spent the time cutting the back lawn looking at my watch thinking only so many minutes to go, can we hang on etc..

Was clearing up the equipment when my OH came out again and said are Nottingham Forest not any good because you’re now two up

Happy days UTT Rog

ABM replied on 19/04/2021 22:10

Posted on 19/04/2021 22:10

Came very close to getting a Blue Light Visit from Police, Fire and Ambulance services today ~~ and all because a caring (!!) neighbour saw me exiting my workshop {shed} surrounded by fumes by the bucket-load. yell Only when he heard me cursing the greed of some self-opinionated, over rated, under talented Premier League Clubs { six by number } did he put his mobile away and join in the grumbling innocent

trellis replied on 20/04/2021 17:43

Posted on 20/04/2021 17:43

Brian , I get the distinct impression you are not in favour of a European super League.🤔. Personally I think it stinks , just more dosh going into the club owners pockets . Wish we had the 50 to 1 ruling over here .

ABM replied on 20/04/2021 22:45

Posted on 20/04/2021 22:45

Trellis, Matey,

The likelihood of a  move like this has been floating round the English League ever since the First and Second Divisions split away from the E F L  and changed their names to Premier & Championship. Indeed the stench has been strengthening  season by season.  As the old saying goes

:--  Much wants more { but only if it cannot have Everything }

moulesy replied on 21/04/2021 20:28

Posted on 21/04/2021 20:28

OK,  enough's enough - barring some transformation akin to Lazarus' Rovers are ... er ... down and down. frown

Not Joey's fault of course, all down to recruitment (some truth in that to be honest) and the previous two managers - despite the fact that with just 3 wins out of 15 with the same playing squad as Garner and Tisdale he's got the worst record of the 3!  Joey's take on things is that the squad are a disgrace,  only a handful will be offered new contracts and a whole bunch of them will not be professional players in 12 months time.

When Graham Coughlan left last year we were 4th in the table and aspiring to at least a play off spot; how things have changed. So it's trips to the likes of Mansfield, Walsall and Colchester to look forward to (at least it looks like we'll be spared traipsing up to Grimsby surprised). And,of course, there's already talk of us being favourites to bounce straight back up - the sort of thing they were saying about Southend last year and look how well that's turned out.

It's enough to make a guy a Bristol City supporter - er, no, not really (just off to wash my mouth out with a good helping of Lifebuoy!) yell

trellis replied on 21/04/2021 20:28

Posted on 21/04/2021 20:28

And the walls come tumbling down ....... Didn't expect it to collapse quite so quick, power to the fans . Brian I've been in deep conversation with my 18yr old grandson for the last couple of days over this ,boy has he been livid .😀. Explained to him that this has raised itself before , mind you I've never known it go this far , ugly rumour yes .. Hope all those involved are severely penalised..

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook