How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

Extugger replied on 15/10/2021 06:08

Posted on 15/10/2021 06:08

More likely to be 'Addock Brian and hopefully you dont get Pollacked laughing

ABM replied on 16/10/2021 22:03

Posted on 16/10/2021 22:03

Arrrr Well, seems like t'Alex are on the slow boat to Second Division now ~~ Don't see them getting much pleasure out of Sunderland this mid week !

Extugger replied on 17/10/2021 08:14

Posted on 17/10/2021 08:14

Stanley also suffered a slap in the face (albeit, not by cod or sharks laughing) at the hands of Cheltnum. Hopefully, mid-table mediocrity ensues rather than a stuggle for survival.

ABM replied on 17/10/2021 22:03

Posted on 17/10/2021 22:03

Be on the look-out for those nasty eels, JR,  especially if  their handler is wearing rubber gloves -- shocking !!

ABM replied on 18/10/2021 22:42

Posted on 18/10/2021 22:42

Perhaps those nasty Elecky Eels could / should be issued, by the dozen , to the stewarding staff at Wem ber lee then perhaps a few international games could take place before real football fans , well when they are permitted back in again !!

Extugger replied on 19/10/2021 06:21

Posted on 19/10/2021 06:21

A very well thought out solution Brian! Imagine if it were truly the case and said eel could, surreptitiously, be inserted down the trouser leg of said youths!  laughinglaughing  Even better if the stewards could actually activate the eel at will! The mind boggles. 

I'm interested to hear what steps are being taken against the 'Ungarians?

papgeno replied on 19/10/2021 09:27

Posted on 19/10/2021 09:27

Town won a hard fought match on Saturday against a team who came to niggle and foul ably aided and abetted by a referee who’ll have better matches.

At a quarter past four on Saturday morning 150 Town supporters set off from the JSS by coach to Elland Road to the start of a 22 mile sponsored walk back to the stadium via the Shay in Halifax. 
The walk was in memory of Frank Worthington who played for Town, Leeds and Halifax among others including a number of caps for England.

Money raised will go to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance and the Alzheimer’s Society.

Those who walked took a lap of honour round the ground before the match and it was heartwarming to see every Hull City supporter stand and applaud as they walked past the away section. If the  match had been played in the same spirit it would have been much better 

ITT Rog

Extugger replied on 19/10/2021 19:25

Posted on 19/10/2021 19:25

Hats off to the Terriers’ fans for their efforts in fundraising (particularly for the Air Ambulance- whom our golf club also raise funds for) and for the victory over Hull, who in my opinion, play football akin to their rugby league neighbours πŸ˜‚ Good on them for their applause though πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

papgeno replied on 19/10/2021 20:53

Posted on 19/10/2021 19:25 by Extugger

Hats off to the Terriers’ fans for their efforts in fundraising (particularly for the Air Ambulance- whom our golf club also raise funds for) and for the victory over Hull, who in my opinion, play football akin to their rugby league neighbours πŸ˜‚ Good on them for their applause though πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Posted on 19/10/2021 20:53

You’re spot there.

I’m not sure if it’s currently the case but before the pandemic screwed everything up and the Pedal for Pounds sponsored cycle rides were in full swing they reckoned that every time the Air Ambulance was tasked to a Huddersfield post code that call out was paid for by the football club through its foundation. 
That sort of makes you proud to support the club.

As an aside there was what I always knew as a “ flag day” , at the ground on Saturday, you know people collecting money in buckets, Now I haven’t carried cash for a long time and having passed a couple of people collecting I said to one that they needed to be contactless . The chap replied that they had card readers nearer the stadium. So a first for me I made a donation with my mobile phone. Technology heh. The charity was Forget Me Not which provides special treats for terminally ill children.

UTT Rog

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook