How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

ABM replied on 19/10/2021 21:58

Posted on 19/10/2021 21:58

Delighted to see your post, Rog, and the subject matter. Can you remember the days of the collections using an old grey blanket & fans lobbing coins and, hopefully, getting them to the blanket without hitting a half dozen fans in front ??  Well the next collection at or near the Porrage Pitch will most likely be for a direct land line to The Coast Guard & R N L I.

Sob Sob Sniffle 

richardandros replied on 21/10/2021 06:32

Posted on 19/10/2021 19:25 by Extugger

Hats off to the Terriers’ fans for their efforts in fundraising (particularly for the Air Ambulance- whom our golf club also raise funds for) and for the victory over Hull, who in my opinion, play football akin to their rugby league neighbours πŸ˜‚ Good on them for their applause though πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Posted on 21/10/2021 06:32

Yes - things aren't looking good for City - another defeat last night.  I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Steve Bruce back soon (if only), together with a much-needed change of ownership.

Extugger replied on 22/10/2021 06:36

Posted on 22/10/2021 06:36

Well, with Mr Bruce's reported £8m payout, he could lend his services, certainly until the end of the season, surely?!!

I wish I'd had such payouts for failing in my job! I'd probably have 'failed' more often!laughing

Extugger replied on 25/10/2021 09:23

Posted on 23/10/2021 22:10 by ABM

How's your footy team doing  ??

Do you really want an honest answer  frown

Posted on 25/10/2021 09:23

Mmmmmm.....not a very good weekend for many of us who post in this section.

Glumfaces United frown 

ABM replied on 01/11/2021 17:28

Posted on 23/10/2021 22:10 by ABM

How's your footy team doing  ??

Do you really want an honest answer  frown

Posted on 01/11/2021 17:28

My Season ticket bearing Neighbours assured Brian that the Chip Shop opposite the ground still has the ability to lift a few down hearted footy fans, even  those who stayed right up to the bitter end  frown  and I aint talking of hop juice either  !!

ABM replied on 06/11/2021 22:24

Posted on 06/11/2021 22:24

And those self same neighbours have come home from the porridge pitch and have decided to watch the very latest re-run of the "Harry Potter " films on the assumption they can then suppose that this last week won't have happened !!

No Further Comments Needed cry

papgeno replied on 14/11/2021 16:52

Posted on 14/11/2021 16:52

Join the club Brian. Town have recently developed a nasty habit of dropping points from winning positions. 5 points dropped in 5 days. I’m very upset.

It’s the Baggies at the JSS next Saturday followed by QPR away, it’s not looking good.

I’m going to matches on my tod for the foreseeable . The GS has got a nasty dose of long covid and can’t manage  the long walk to the ground and the zillions of stairs to our seats right at the back of the main stand, brilliant seats but a hell of a climb. He was recovering slowly then had his jab at school which unfortunately set him back to square one

UTT Rog

ABM replied on 20/11/2021 22:48

Posted on 20/11/2021 22:48

Join the club, Brian  yell  Join the club   surprised

Did I read that correctly, Rog ??  I was there, as Max Boyce would say, When the entrance fee was 9d and 1.5d for a programme  grrrrrrr  and they still could not beat the Sally Army's Big  Bass Drum  more grrrrrrrs !!

Still they got two goals and three points today so I really mustn't grumble too much today 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook