How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

nelliethehooker replied on 23/12/2021 20:34

Posted on 23/12/2021 18:27 by papgeno

I saw that match ont’ telly and I couldn’t understand how Fulham could have tonked  us 5-1 in the opening match of the season. They didn’t look anything like 

Its nice to see another Yorkshire club improving.

UTT Rog

Posted on 23/12/2021 20:34

Yes, they seem to have fallen by the wayside somewhat in the last couple of weeks of so. It gives hope to all those below that there's a chance for automatic promotion after all.

papgeno replied on 28/12/2021 09:16

Posted on 28/12/2021 09:16

Another win snatched from the jaws of defeat.Blackpool went in front after 46 seconds and Town replied within 120 seconds.

One Blackpool supporter got himself thrown out of the ground in the first minute for running onto the field when they scored. He’s travelled 70 odd miles, queued for a long time to get in, spent goodness knows how much on beer and seen 46 seconds of the match and presumably will now be banned for three years. Idiot!

I know I bang on about referees a lot but the one we had on Sunday is dangerous. A Blackpool player hit our centre back in the face with his right elbow and followed up with his left arm, right in front of the ref. Our player is out cold. What does the ref do. He waves play on allowing Blackpool to attack and runs off after the attack . He looks back once and must have seen that our player is still unconscious on the grass, he hasn’t moved. One of our other players screams at the ref to stop the game, so the clown takes the time to book him before eventually stopping the game and allowing the medical staff on to treat the injured player.

10 minutes later our lad is stretchered off still not moving. Luckily he only suffered concussion. If that had been a heart attack he would be dead. Mind you the ref didn’t get much assistance from his linesman or the fourth official who were both very near the incident.

ps in the past the Blackpool player involved has served a custodial sentence for GBH

UTT Rog. 

papgeno replied on 28/12/2021 11:40

Posted on 28/12/2021 11:40

I forgot to mention that the last home match of the season is Town’s memorial match when the club remember all the ex-players and fans who have passed away during the year.  Photos are displayed on the big screen and in the match programme, and a minutes applause is observed before the match.

A big shout out to the 2300 visiting supporters who joined in brilliantly.

ABM replied on 03/01/2022 22:00

Posted on 03/01/2022 22:00

Utterly staggered, one might say Speechless  { OK, OK, I know a fair few of you will be hoping it becomes permanent  wink  }  but I've only just recovered from one of this weekends results !!  Morecambe 0 ~ 3 Doncaster at half time so t'Alex drop to the bottom again  BUT THEN  Doncaster started roving in their opponents half  and allowed Morecambe to score FOUR {4}  so Doncaster re-rooted to the division 3  { aka League 1 }  basement again .

Oh Bliss,  Oh Happiness  -- Brian ended up being tied to his office chair by the neighbours who objected to the sound of his bouncing round  kiss,  Wonder if I will be released in time to cheer / boo / growl tomorrow 4th Jan when they take on Rovram in the EFL Trophy.

We shall see, indeed we shall see  

papgeno replied on 05/01/2022 19:06

Posted on 05/01/2022 19:06

Wow ! Town have had a purple patch recently. Unbeaten in their last six matches , three wins and three draws. Even more impressive four of those matches were away from home.

UTT Rog

papgeno replied on 08/01/2022 16:53

Posted on 08/01/2022 16:53

In 1922 Town won the FA cup and their first match was at Turf Moor, won after a replay. 100 years later Town played at Turf Moor with seven squad players against a Burnley first team and won 2-1 after going behind. It couldn’t happen again could it. 

No of course it couldn’t but if only our squad played cricket🤔

UTT Rog

nelliethehooker replied on 08/01/2022 18:57

Posted on 15/12/2021 21:58 by nelliethehooker

Bluebirds through tonight, by beating The Tractormen,  to play at Oakwell in FA Cup round 3. Might even have a chance of winning there the way Tykes are playing at the moment.laughing

Posted on 08/01/2022 18:57

So near!! Coming back from being behind 4 times with a man short shows real guts, but just a shame they ran out of steam in extra time. Ah well, back to staying in the league.

ABM replied on 08/01/2022 22:57

Posted on 08/01/2022 22:57

Even Politics involved with sport if , indeed, football is still a sport nowadays !

I see / hear that there is some disagreement About Chester Football Club due to their ground straddling the Anglo-Welsh border.  Whose rules about Attendance of fans should be used.

Should there be fans only in the English part, or is it complicated by where the Turnstiles are situated ?

{ Do they  still use turnstiles as such these days undecided ??    }

papgeno replied on 10/01/2022 16:06

Posted on 10/01/2022 16:06

Yes Brian they do indeed use turnstiles these days but the modern ones are no longer operated by the little man behind the glass. The modern ones are automatic and accessed by a bar code or similar on the ticket. At the JSS we have a hybrid system where the little man scans the bar code on your season ticket and then operates the turnstile.

As for the ludicrous situation in Chester, it’s about time some common sense   prevailed. They’re an English club playing in an English league in an English county. Just redraw the boundary , simples.

UTT Rog

ABM replied on 10/01/2022 21:08

Posted on 10/01/2022 21:08

Sorry Roger but your last sentence cannot be correct, surely, especially the final word { unless you are referring to the relevant meddling Politico's !!   wink}

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook