How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

richardandros replied on 24/01/2022 04:42

Posted on 24/01/2022 04:42

Although I'm not surprised, it's a bit sad given City's recent resurgence, but Grant McCann has got the boot, so to speak.  New Manager in the pipeline and some exciting prospective signings being lined up. The new owner is certainly making his presence felt.

papgeno replied on 24/01/2022 17:45

Posted on 22/01/2022 20:05 by nelliethehooker

UTT Rog, another great result for you too. It must have been a grand match to go be at for a Terriers supporter.

ABM, found the video which I think you might appreciate, then again maybe not!!wink

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D7dvQGdckKc

Posted on 24/01/2022 17:45

Yes a great result and the unbeaten run is up to nine. Season tickets will be due for renewal soon and they should come with a health warning, “. Not for those of a nervous disposition”

Saturday’s match is perfect example. 1-0 down after 5 minutes, 1-1 after 9 minutes, 2-1 up after 14 minutes, 2-2 after 21 minutes, 3-2 up after 24 minutes and 3-3 after 44 minutes. Six goals in the first half!

Town then go 4-3 up in the 53rd minute and see the match out comfortably. Our top scorer scored a hat-trick and was also the last Town player to do so when he played for us previously. 

It’s the Potters up at the JSS on Friday under the lights, they’re on a good run too so we’ll see how good Town really are.

UTT Rog

nelliethehooker replied on 24/01/2022 22:02

Posted on 24/01/2022 22:02

Well Rovers did it tonight, up to second, but a close thing. QPR are the team to look out for now, sneaking up unnoticed with the games in hand to go into second place.

papgeno replied on 25/01/2022 14:58

Posted on 25/01/2022 14:58

I noticed that Brereton-Diaz wasn’t playing last night, does that mean he’s on his way  to the greedy league or is he injured?

nelliethehooker replied on 25/01/2022 21:37

Posted on 25/01/2022 14:58 by papgeno

I noticed that Brereton-Diaz wasn’t playing last night, does that mean he’s on his way  to the greedy league or is he injured?

Posted on 25/01/2022 21:37

Neither, he's away with the Chile squad, but they will do well to hang onto him.

Richard, a bit fierce that, the sacking of Grant McCann after such two good wins!surprised

richardandros replied on 29/01/2022 05:15

Posted on 25/01/2022 21:37 by nelliethehooker

Neither, he's away with the Chile squad, but they will do well to hang onto him.

Richard, a bit fierce that, the sacking of Grant McCann after such two good wins!surprised

Posted on 29/01/2022 05:15

Yes, but Illicali - according to the press conference yesterday, certainly seems keen to put his stamp on the Club. Some interesting signings in the pipeline and an announcement that children and seniors can watch the matches for £2 - to try and get the supporters back. A big hit with a lot of previously disillusioned fans.  We will see how it pans outmoney-mouth

papgeno replied on 29/01/2022 11:43

Posted on 28/01/2022 21:58 by nelliethehooker

Two point dropped there I think, Rog. Has opened the door for the next two below you to grab a place in the top 6.

Posted on 29/01/2022 11:43

Yep a depressingly familiar result. The last three home matches have all been far too similar. Town go ahead in a good first half and then concede late into the second half. Those six points thrown away would really have made a difference.

On the plus side they are unbeaten in ten now in all competitions.

Wayne Romney’s Derby County up next on Wednesday followed by a Yorkshire derby in t’cup on Saturday.

I’m wondering whether I’ll go and watch the ladies get slaughtered by Everton in their cup tie on Sunday. When the lasses last played in the Stadium they lost 4-1 to Ipswich, a team below them in the pyramid, so how they’ll get on against a premier league team is anybody’s guess. 
UTT Rog

nelliethehooker replied on 29/01/2022 21:31

Posted on 29/01/2022 21:31

Similar for Rovers today, Rog, and those around all won, apart from the top dog and WBA. It's going to be a dogfight up to the final whistle I suspect, with teams swapping places on a weekly basis.

Another good result there Richard, and a bit of a gap developing from bottom 5.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook