How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

richardandros replied on 30/01/2022 05:32

Posted on 30/01/2022 05:32

It certainly was, nth!  It was what I was predicting but I daren't say it out loud because I know how many times they have disappointed in the past, but the team certainly seem to be on a bit of a roll at the moment. The new owner says he has his sights on the play-offs by the end of the season, but I can't see that happening. Be nice if I was wrong, thoughwink

nelliethehooker replied on 30/01/2022 20:42

Posted on 30/01/2022 05:32 by richardandros

It certainly was, nth!  It was what I was predicting but I daren't say it out loud because I know how many times they have disappointed in the past, but the team certainly seem to be on a bit of a roll at the moment. The new owner says he has his sights on the play-offs by the end of the season, but I can't see that happening. Be nice if I was wrong, thoughwink

Posted on 30/01/2022 20:42

Can't see it happening, Richard, a 13 point gap is a lot to make up, even over the 16 matches left. 

papgeno replied on 01/02/2022 20:03

Posted on 01/02/2022 20:03

How did your teams do in the January window.

Town did nothing all month until the final day when three new faces came in and none of our better players went out. On balance a good window for us.

I say new faces, this is Town and we can’t resist getting a former player back, but this a really good lad who was on loan from Ajax last season and left Genk to come back to Huddersfield 

Happy days UTT Rog

nelliethehooker replied on 01/02/2022 22:06

Posted on 01/02/2022 22:06

One in, one out for local team, but seems have had a good effect as a victory this evening against a side who if they had won would have been in the top three. 

ABM replied on 01/02/2022 22:14

Posted on 23/01/2022 21:30 by ABM

Nellie,  that's just hurtful  sniffle sniff sniff  SOB !!cry

Posted on 01/02/2022 22:14

As was the result, tonight  cry

nelliethehooker replied on 02/02/2022 22:01

Posted on 01/02/2022 20:03 by papgeno

How did your teams do in the January window.

Town did nothing all month until the final day when three new faces came in and none of our better players went out. On balance a good window for us.

I say new faces, this is Town and we can’t resist getting a former player back, but this a really good lad who was on loan from Ajax last season and left Genk to come back to Huddersfield 

Happy days UTT Rog

Posted on 02/02/2022 22:01

Guess it worked, now up to 5th. Decent win tonight for you, points in the bag rather than games in hand are always better.

papgeno replied on 04/02/2022 18:24

Posted on 02/02/2022 22:01 by nelliethehooker

Guess it worked, now up to 5th. Decent win tonight for you, points in the bag rather than games in hand are always better.

Posted on 04/02/2022 18:24

I agree Nellie, the match the other night was a strange one. Derby were reduced to 10 men as early as the third minute and from then gave us a lesson in back to the wall defending and time wasting. I thought our keeper was a master of the art but their  entire team and coaching staff took it to another level. They must have PhDs in the subject.

Fortunately our manager really went for the win, firstly replacing a centre back with a midfielder and then taking another defender off and putting a second striker on.

The Derby supporters were in good voice and in the main well behaved although some of their chanting was profane in the extreme, mainly aimed at the EFL.😳

On to tomorrow and the Dingles are at the JSS in’t cup..

ITT Rog

ABM replied on 09/02/2022 21:55

Posted on 02/02/2022 21:59 by nelliethehooker

Looks like you're doomed, unfortunately.

Posted on 09/02/2022 21:55

Quite so Mr Mainwaring   cry   

But at least nobody round here dares to kick or slap a cat,  well certainly not whilst ABM is around  yell

papgeno replied on 11/02/2022 16:09

Posted on 09/02/2022 21:55 by ABM

Quite so Mr Mainwaring   cry   

But at least nobody round here dares to kick or slap a cat,  well certainly not whilst ABM is around  yell

Posted on 11/02/2022 16:09

Appalling behaviour. Apparently he tried to drop kick the poor animal.

Anyhoo back to football, I seem to have spent an inordinate amount of time at the JSS lately , I’ve been three times in the last 13 days and I’ll be there again tomorrow lunchtime, don’t you just love Sky for messing about with kick off times.

I fear that Town’s unbeaten run, 13 in all competitions, could come to an end tomorrow. It looks like the weather will be as bad as last week when it ultimately ended up in our favour. Barnsley had a goal chalked off in the final minute of injury time, I reckon the ref couldn’t face extra time and possibly penalties. The wind and rain was horrendous I got drenched walking from the car park to the ground and the same going back after the match.

UTT Rog

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook