How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

ABM replied on 14/10/2022 13:52

Posted on 14/10/2022 13:52

T'Alex are breaking the habits of a season today since they are playing { supposedly  winksurprised } tonight at Tranmere !!  So not too far to spend time celebrating on their way home laughing before getting the obviously deserved Fish, Chips 'n Mushy peas --

( Very busy praying that its at least a two goal lead in Crewe's favour  innocent)

ABM replied on 15/10/2022 23:43

Posted on 15/10/2022 23:43

Well it wasn't that good !

Actually it was a 3 -- 0 stuffing  and according to the commentary team on Radio Stoke darned hard work to keep both of the  Common Taters and t'engineers from falling asleep !

Just hoping that its a better result and performance on Tuesday, when we are due to play 'em at Porage Pitch !

nelliethehooker replied on 17/10/2022 21:56

Posted on 17/10/2022 21:56

Not too good a draw either for you in The Cup, Brian,  Orient are doing well!! Very much the same for my local team. Started off well but 4 defeated in the trot has put paid to their early success.😞

ABM replied on 17/10/2022 22:27

Posted on 17/10/2022 22:27

I can just hear the comments now, Nell  !!  No worry about that game cos we are going to concentrate on bringing on the youngsters that we have, and then  full bore for safety in the League so we can go for promotion next season------------ blahdy blahdy blah sealedwink  

Yeah,  I should coco !

ABM replied on 18/10/2022 22:08

Posted on 18/10/2022 22:08

Friends called me on the way home from Porage Pitch with half hour still to go  --  non too chuffed with performance and non the better for leaving ground early 'cos the chip shop was not "up to Heat " for another 15 to 20 minutes grrrrrrrrrrrrr yell

ABM replied on 22/10/2022 22:02

Posted on 22/10/2022 22:02

Well yet another 70--minute footy match for Crewe followed by the usual 20-minutes of generosity from all accounts. T'Alex are hanging on to mid--table but shewong no signs of a climb upwards any month soon.  frown

Sadly it would appear that I am the sole 'poster' on here these days, so I will just stop talking to myself.

Pliers replied on 22/10/2022 22:23

Posted on 22/10/2022 22:02 by ABM

Well yet another 70--minute footy match for Crewe followed by the usual 20-minutes of generosity from all accounts. T'Alex are hanging on to mid--table but shewong no signs of a climb upwards any month soon.  frown

Sadly it would appear that I am the sole 'poster' on here these days, so I will just stop talking to myself.

Posted on 22/10/2022 22:23

You’re definitely not taking to yourself, Brian 🙂.  
I was at the Man City v Brighton game this afternoon. Very good performance, as expected, from Brighton, and a full away end allocation taken from their fans.  
“Good old Sussex by the sea” I think I know all the words after today’s game. 🙂

And a good result for Burnley, I live in their territory and get to their games quite often. Good value tickets and can get there using my bus pass! 
⚽️⚽️⚽️

richardandros replied on 24/10/2022 12:39

Posted on 24/10/2022 12:39

Sorry you're feeling lonely, Brian.  I've just been reluctant to post anything on here about Hull City because as soon as I do - I regret it. They have to be one of the most inconsistent teams in the Championshipfrown The sooner they get a new manager and, literally, 'pull their socks up', the better. (And I'm discounting the last two wins because experience tells me that won't last!!)

Graydjames replied on 25/10/2022 17:25

Posted on 25/10/2022 17:25

When staying at Brora CMC site a couple of weeks ago I went to see Brora Rangers play Brechin City in the Highland League - a top of the table clash.

Brechin outclassed Brora, 0-3, but I was truly impressed with the quality of football from both sides which was of a remarkably high standard. I suppose I'd expected kick and rush and a lack of technical ability, but it was far from that. Both teams played a passing game of considerable excellence, and the skill levels were high. I would happily watch that every week instead of the over moneyed, hyped-up Premier League. And only a fiver to get in (concession rate) and £1.50 for a cup of tea and a Tunnocks Caramel wafer. Marvellous. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook