How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

ABM replied on 05/11/2022 21:03

Posted on 05/11/2022 21:03

A winning start for the recently promoted [ ex-- Assistant ]  Manager today.  Just keep on hoping for 'em to make the New Year in safety !!

ABM replied on 07/11/2022 22:05

Posted on 07/11/2022 22:05

Hmmm,  undecided, wonder if Sir Michael Parkinson will be there to help  Harold { Dickie } Bird up the steps into the Guests Box to watch Barnsley get their comeuppance at the feet of Crewe Alexandra  wink in F.A. Cup, Round two !!

Pliers replied on 10/11/2022 00:12

Posted on 10/11/2022 00:12

Another fantastic sound and light show, pre match, tonight. Started with Wonderwall, faded into Blue Moon, then into Joy Division’s Love will tear us apart. 

Game was pretty good, too. Nice to see Kalvin Phillips back in action after his long lay off. With he make England’s World Cup squad? Doubt it, but you never know!
⚽️🙂⚽️

nelliethehooker replied on 10/11/2022 21:51

Posted on 10/11/2022 21:51

Your's was not quite the nail biting affair compared to that at the London Stadium!! What a night for both set of fans that were there, especially the Rovers' ones including our SIL and grandson!! Not heard from them yet, but I bet they thoroughly enjoyed the night!!😀

Pliers replied on 12/11/2022 17:52

Posted on 10/11/2022 21:51 by nelliethehooker

Your's was not quite the nail biting affair compared to that at the London Stadium!! What a night for both set of fans that were there, especially the Rovers' ones including our SIL and grandson!! Not heard from them yet, but I bet they thoroughly enjoyed the night!!😀

Posted on 12/11/2022 17:52

Bet they did🙂. 
Tried to get tickets for the big game at Burnley, tomorrow, ( v Rovers). Didn’t think we had enough loyalty points to qualify, and was right, we haven’t. Only went to 4 matches at the Turf last season, and they were pretty grim. 
Poor performance from City today v Brentford, maybe some of the players had their eyes on the World Cup 🤔. Never mind. ⚽️⚽️⚽️

nelliethehooker replied on 12/11/2022 20:07

Posted on 12/11/2022 17:52 by Pliers

Bet they did🙂. 
Tried to get tickets for the big game at Burnley, tomorrow, ( v Rovers). Didn’t think we had enough loyalty points to qualify, and was right, we haven’t. Only went to 4 matches at the Turf last season, and they were pretty grim. 
Poor performance from City today v Brentford, maybe some of the players had their eyes on the World Cup 🤔. Never mind. ⚽️⚽️⚽️

Posted on 12/11/2022 20:07

SIL won't be going to the match, as there has been too much trouble in the past, and with both sides with the chance to go top with a win things could be rather hairy!!😖

Not a good result for you Pliers, but a decent win for  t'Alex today, so Brian should be pleased.

ABM replied on 12/11/2022 23:09

Posted on 12/11/2022 23:09

As I most deffo am Nell smile  even tho I've not yet seen a report !!

Hope Pliers is not too down hearted, well after all it's been a decent day

ABM replied on 19/11/2022 22:53

Posted on 19/11/2022 22:53

Decent away win for the Alex today even though they had to battle against a good Home side but still they managed to hang on to the one goal [ penalty ] that they scored  smile

ABM replied on 24/12/2022 14:44

Posted on 24/12/2022 14:44

Several arrests made or so I believe, Pliers.  Ain't it strange that after the W.C. with oh so little trouble reported the moment the normal, run of the mill football restarts we get the normal , run of the mill reports of viscous behaviour.  I'm so glad that I can support t'Alex without leaving the confines of t'Avenue smile not, of course, that Crewites throw their money around like that, Cheshires a well known training ground for folks oop north east from 'ere  money-mouth

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook