How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

ABM replied on 19/04/2023 22:42

Posted on 19/04/2023 22:42

Strange old world, Pliers,  since I've seen Gymnastics and other sport from Turkey since & during the terrible earthquake / tremors. It seems that the income from transmitting the TV pictures was a great reason to help the general recovery get some income.  Now, sadly,  they are expecting Tremors of a very different sort  and I can only wish them the very best.

Incidentally the mention of Turkey at present reminds me of the song " And the band played Waltzing Matilda " by Eric Bogle { circa 1951 I think ) since April 25th is ANZAC  Day

ABM replied on 22/04/2023 23:28

Posted on 22/04/2023 23:28

Struggling to think of any good things to say about t'Alex today -- lost 2 -- 0 to the Divisional Champions, pretty much as everybody expected.  But they are safe & ready to welcome them there furriners from Wrexham in the upcoming season 2023 -- 2024 !

GTrimmer replied on 23/04/2023 15:22

Posted on 23/04/2023 15:22

Anyone want to buy a complete squad of players ? Norwich City have one for sale,. would probably suit a Sunday morning pub team.

Pliers replied on 25/04/2023 22:20

Posted on 25/04/2023 22:20

Congrats to Burnley, finally Championship winners. 
Glad I’m not at the East Lancs “bubble game”, tonight, though, just how lively will it get….😱    
Big game at City tomorrow v Arsenal, I will certainly be at that one 🙂⚽️🙂

ABM replied on 25/04/2023 22:47

Posted on 23/04/2023 15:22 by GTrimmer

Anyone want to buy a complete squad of players ? Norwich City have one for sale,. would probably suit a Sunday morning pub team.

Posted on 25/04/2023 22:47

No fear, Crewe have one of their own already frown

Pliers replied on 27/04/2023 00:10

Posted on 27/04/2023 00:10

Just back from the Man City v Arsenal game.
Some wonderful football from both teams, and a very large Tifo pre kick off. 
Not sure Lindsey would approve of it though 😱

⚽️⚽️⚽️

Takethedogalong replied on 28/04/2023 13:06

Posted on 28/04/2023 13:06

Well done to Man City on reaching FACup final. Sheffield United tried hard, and at least have the consolation of heading back up to the PL. We have decided to try and get to some of their home games. Should be a cracking derby Final Pliers👍

ABM replied on 29/04/2023 23:24

Posted on 29/04/2023 23:24

Glorious result from the Porage Pitch today !!

One goal to nil down at the end of the first half  then a resurgent team in second 90 so twas Crewe 2 ~~ 1 Swindon

All is now Totally safe with two (2) games to go  WhooHoo wink 

Pliers replied on 30/04/2023 11:03

Posted on 28/04/2023 13:06 by Takethedogalong

Well done to Man City on reaching FACup final. Sheffield United tried hard, and at least have the consolation of heading back up to the PL. We have decided to try and get to some of their home games. Should be a cracking derby Final Pliers👍

Posted on 30/04/2023 11:03

I thought Sheffield United played well. It was a pity that their 2 on loan players, James McAtee and Tommy Doyle couldn’t play, especially as they had done so well in the earlier rounds.  
Both clubs wanted them to play, but against FA rules, so they couldn’t.  
Anyway, congrats on promotion, should do well next season, fingers crossed. 🙂

Takethedogalong replied on 30/04/2023 12:05

Posted on 30/04/2023 11:03 by Pliers

I thought Sheffield United played well. It was a pity that their 2 on loan players, James McAtee and Tommy Doyle couldn’t play, especially as they had done so well in the earlier rounds.  
Both clubs wanted them to play, but against FA rules, so they couldn’t.  
Anyway, congrats on promotion, should do well next season, fingers crossed. 🙂

Posted on 30/04/2023 12:05

Yes, they didn’t disgrace themselves. semi finals and promotion to PL is a good season. We keep an eye on Sheff Utd results, but I won’t say we are Blades fans, but Boro is a long way away, and expensive even for home games, so it’s easier and cheaper to get to Bramall Lane.
I like top flight football, so happy to watch any PL game really. When Gareth was at Boro, and they could hold their own against some of the really big Club’s it was good, and we could get cheap tickets. We often went to the Riverside when on holiday up in North Yorks, could leave the pooches with Mum and Dad in a holiday cottage, go and watch an evening game.

We are off to Old Trafford in June for an England game. Any hints on a good place to park would be great, we are coming in from Tintwhistle, it’s been a while since we were at OT?Must get to the Etihad as well, we have been past going to Velodrome, looks superb.😁

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook