How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

ABM replied on 03/05/2023 23:29

Posted on 03/05/2023 23:29

To VAR  ~~ ### We are in love with you, T'Alex and I  ###

Well after leading 2-- 0 then being pegged back to 2 -- 2 it was only in the

90 + 11th minute that we scored THE WINNER  [ sorry for shouting but you will forgive me this time, won't you, please, pretty please innocent ]

Pliers replied on 04/05/2023 17:11

Posted on 30/04/2023 12:05 by Takethedogalong

Yes, they didn’t disgrace themselves. semi finals and promotion to PL is a good season. We keep an eye on Sheff Utd results, but I won’t say we are Blades fans, but Boro is a long way away, and expensive even for home games, so it’s easier and cheaper to get to Bramall Lane.
I like top flight football, so happy to watch any PL game really. When Gareth was at Boro, and they could hold their own against some of the really big Club’s it was good, and we could get cheap tickets. We often went to the Riverside when on holiday up in North Yorks, could leave the pooches with Mum and Dad in a holiday cottage, go and watch an evening game.

We are off to Old Trafford in June for an England game. Any hints on a good place to park would be great, we are coming in from Tintwhistle, it’s been a while since we were at OT?Must get to the Etihad as well, we have been past going to Velodrome, looks superb.😁

Posted on 04/05/2023 17:11

We normally park at Salford Quays, then walk across the footbridge to the ground. Great views of the stadium from there, looks really spectacular at night matches. 
There is plenty of parking at the Quays, but it’s expensive and hellish to get away from after the game. 
Maybe our CT United fans will have better ideas. 
If you do opt for the Quays, it’s worth taking a look at the nearby Lowry gallery, and there’s also the War Museum North, I’ve not been in there, not my scene, but it is popular.

Years ago, there used to be plenty of street parking off Chester road, but I think that area is now a resident only zone. Some residents do rent out their places though, plenty of websites advertising them.

Enjoy, whatever. 🙂

ABM replied on 08/05/2023 22:50

Posted on 08/05/2023 22:50

Well, t'Alex finished the season with a late goal  so they can close the book on a decent enough season.  Hopes for 2023 -- 2024  are piling up in the sunshine  .

Pliers replied on 18/05/2023 00:23

Posted on 18/05/2023 00:23

Just back to the Man City v Real Madrid game. 
What a fantastic performance.
So, hopefully, will get tickets for the final in Istanbul, going to be a very expensive couple of weeks 😱, 2 cup finals in early June. 
Free flags at the game, though.
I will lower the tone of the village, yet again, by decorating a couple of large planters with them, tomorrow morning. 
Any other CT people going to Wembley for the FA Cup Final? I expect so. 🏆.
⚽️🙂⚽️

ABM replied on 10/06/2023 23:12

Posted on 10/06/2023 23:12

Not ME, Babe !!    My afternoon of the football variety probably drained me of  Big City Football for a fairly long time now !!

Do hope that you and yours have great pleasure at the games and arrive & escape without any difficulty what so ever  !!

Pliers replied on 11/06/2023 17:28

Posted on 10/06/2023 23:12 by ABM

Not ME, Babe !!    My afternoon of the football variety probably drained me of  Big City Football for a fairly long time now !!

Do hope that you and yours have great pleasure at the games and arrive & escape without any difficulty what so ever  !!

Posted on 11/06/2023 17:28

Yes, Brian, enjoyed the 2 finals, what a season. 
Photo is pre kickoff at the Atatürk stadium, not the best venue. Miles from anywhere, seated well back from the pitch (athletics track surrounding the pitch) but good, modern facilities. 
And a great atmosphere in the ground, and another freeby flag to lower the tone of the village when we get home, tomorrow. 
I’m worn out, but need to liven up and get the ‘van sorted, we’re booked on the Friday evening Brittany Ferries crossing to St Malo. 
Will hopefully be a more relaxing few weeks than the last 3. 
Happy days. 
🙂⚽️🙂

Wherenext replied on 11/06/2023 19:46

Posted on 11/06/2023 19:46

Congrats Pliers.

I assume it's only 3 weeks as you'll need to be back for supporter pre-season training.laughing

Pliers replied on 13/06/2023 20:19

Posted on 11/06/2023 19:46 by Wherenext

Congrats Pliers.

I assume it's only 3 weeks as you'll need to be back for supporter pre-season training.laughing

Posted on 13/06/2023 20:19

HaHa, I’m not that keen, but will be keeping an eye on next season’s fixtures when they’re issued on Thursday.

Really enjoyed Istanbul. Kept an eye on the birds, of course. Very little on the Bosphorus, wrong time of the year, possibly. But plenty of mynas, yellow legged gulls etc. And, at dusk, lots of swifts, including Alpines, screeching as they circled the Blue Mosque. Magical.

🙂 

Pliers replied on 31/08/2023 20:42

Posted on 31/08/2023 20:42

Do we have any Newcastle United fans on CT?
Some very “interesting” fixtures in the Champions League draw, expect an amazing atmosphere at St James’ Park. Enjoy ⚽️⚽️⚽️

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook