How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

moulesy replied on 17/08/2019 17:19

Posted on 12/08/2019 16:31 by cyberyacht

A start to the season? Did it ever go away. I seem to have to endure extensive discourses on every news programme I watch, even to the extent that it is sometimes the headline topic. As if there was nothing of more importance going on in the world.

Posted on 17/08/2019 17:19

And as if that's not enough someone is forcing you to contribute to a thread on .... er .....football, CY! undecided

moulesy replied on 27/08/2019 11:06

Posted on 27/08/2019 11:06

Two good wins on the bounce now for Rovers - things are looking up. And a good match in prospect tonight against the mighty Brighton & Hove Albion. Could there be a giant killing in store? Probably not but it'll be an interesting encounter all the same. smile

Feel desperately sad for followers of Bury and Bolton - not much "trickle down" of wealth from the top these days is there? I fear others may go the same way before long. frown

ABM replied on 27/08/2019 19:08

Posted on 27/08/2019 19:08

Agreed, Moulesy, mate -- What's yours is mine and what's mine's me own  grrrr.  And that seems to be the driving thought in football these days

Extugger replied on 27/08/2019 20:26

Posted on 27/08/2019 20:26

Couldn't agree more with comments and sentiments above.

I remember going to Gigg Lane about 10 years ago, as an Accrington Stanley fan. We took buckets to collect donations and loose change - we were desperately close to going out of the league AGAIN! The fans at Bury were as supportive and generous as they had been previously. I know how desperate they must feel - they have my total sympathy and best wishes.

If only the bods in control were interested in others outside the premier league????

ABM replied on 27/08/2019 21:05

Posted on 27/08/2019 21:05

" How's your footy team doing "  ??

Right Now ??

B************Y awful, so I'll go and do me accounts - bleah !!

ABM replied on 28/08/2019 13:35

Posted on 28/08/2019 13:35

. . . . and I hear Bury F.C. is  now defunct, deceased and departed from EFL -- one down, seventy one to go, then the so-called Premier League can go and play with itself !! Or should that read play by itself undecided ?

ABM replied on 28/08/2019 19:03

Posted on 28/08/2019 19:03

Now it appears that Bolton Wanderers F.C. has escaped the Great Expulsion  due, eventually, to a successful take over !

Brian, though,  is still wondering if it took place so late due to  ' the money '  waiting to see if the F.A or EFL really would see Bury booted out,  or just give more extensions.

ABM replied on 28/08/2019 20:01

Posted on 27/08/2019 21:05 by ABM

" How's your footy team doing "  ??

Right Now ??

B************Y awful, so I'll go and do me accounts - bleah !!

Posted on 28/08/2019 20:01

I must APOLOGISE !!

I've been chatting to Crewe Mad neighbours who tell me that despite a 6 - 1 beating the fans applauded the Alex off for their performance.

Makes one proud to be a footy fan !!

Wherenext replied on 28/08/2019 21:12

Posted on 28/08/2019 21:12

Sad day for Bury and for football, which should hang its collective head. I had a couple of happy years attending Gigg Lane with a couple of mates, all of us disillusioned with the main leagues. Non of us were born or bred in Bury but we all lived there and were happy supporting a local club. Feel for the real fans and locals.

I understand that the EFL hadn't even completed proper due diligence on the ToeRag who bought the club. Those responsible shouldn't be around to "Learn the Lessons". They should be removed from their responsibilities.

Only a matter of time before another one folds.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook