TDFrance 2023!

Takethedogalong replied on 01/07/2023 12:41

Posted on 01/07/2023 12:41

Well they’re off again, fingers crossed the race can get to the finish, given the horrible situation in France at the moment. Ineos aren’t really expecting great things this year, but I am going to be following a few Brits riding for different teams. Mark Cavendish obviously, it’s his last Tour, so fingers crossed he can get the one win he needs to become the top stage winner. Fred Wright, newly crowned British Road Race champion, always ready to head off on a break. The two Yates brothers, riding for different teams, and wonderful Tom Pidcock. Hope they all get to the finish safely uninjured, and with something to show for the tremendous efforts and dedication this race demands. 🚴🚵‍♂️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♂️🚴😁

Takethedogalong replied on 09/07/2023 11:08

Posted on 09/07/2023 11:08

Absolutely awful for him, such an innocuous little incident, yet dream shattering for him. He came so close the day before, everyone seemed upset for him, even his sprinting rivals. 

RedKite replied on 09/07/2023 13:38

Posted on 09/07/2023 13:38

Terrible news re Mark Cavendish and they say today that he even lost a pin in his shoulder that he had put in the last time of same injury. The start today we have been there about 4 years ago but want to go to the final place Puy de Dome and go on the train to the top been near to it but could not see it.

Just fed up with adverts so sound goes off as watching live, as too hot outside 32C now!!

Wherenext replied on 09/07/2023 13:41

Posted on 09/07/2023 13:41

As an aside what amazing road surfaces compared to UK!!!!  

That made me smile Heddlo. You always knew where the Tour had been recently if you came across an immaculate road surface.

I did wonder last year when we were touring Netherlands if the wonderful state of roads was down to pressure from cyclists as everyone has at least 1 bike.

RedKite replied on 09/07/2023 19:37

Posted on 09/07/2023 19:37

Great finish today gosh Mike Woods can certainly speed ride going up the Puy de Dome,

Lovely scenery today and need to see some different areas so may be a break in the Limousin next year.

The American certainly led for a long way and even got pipped by other cyclists at the line such a shame, a cyclist to watch in the future.

We have the Womens tour coming close to us on 26th from Cahors to Rodez so may go and watch them at a local point not too far to go from home.

nelliethehooker replied on 09/07/2023 21:41

Posted on 09/07/2023 21:41

It looks as if Cav might get a chance to break the record after all, as Astana are saying that if he is fit enough to race next year they will include him in their squad for the 2024 TdF.

Takethedogalong replied on 10/07/2023 15:46

Posted on 10/07/2023 15:46

Yes, I saw that Nellie. Vinokourov did something similar himself back in 2012, he had a badly broken femur, but fought back to fitness and ended up winning the Gold Medal one of the cycling races, can’t recall which. Not my favourite rider Vinokourov, won’t say any more🙁

nelliethehooker replied on 10/07/2023 21:32

Posted on 10/07/2023 15:46 by Takethedogalong

Yes, I saw that Nellie. Vinokourov did something similar himself back in 2012, he had a badly broken femur, but fought back to fitness and ended up winning the Gold Medal one of the cycling races, can’t recall which. Not my favourite rider Vinokourov, won’t say any more🙁

Posted on 10/07/2023 21:32

By coincidence, talking of Vinokourov, I got Seven Deadly Sins by David Walsh today at 99p on Kindle, the story of his investigations into Lance Armstrong!

I see that Cav is on the long list for the UK team for the Road World Championships in Glasgow in August, as are GT and Tom Pidcock, and in the Junior squad Brad's son Ben

Takethedogalong replied on 15/07/2023 17:23

Posted on 15/07/2023 17:23

There are some interesting documentaries around LA. And other villains!

Fabulous day’s racing today, chess on wheels. We have watched most of it live given our weather here. Phew, nail biting.

nelliethehooker replied on 15/07/2023 21:43

Posted on 15/07/2023 21:43

Two stage wins on the trot for Ineos, both of them unexpected and quite frankly exceptionally their own different ways, too. It certainly is an interesting and exciting contest for the Yellow Jersey, and should continue in the same way tomorrow.

Wherenext replied on 16/07/2023 19:49

Posted on 16/07/2023 19:49

I see the idiots have been taking selfies again and causing havoc.

Should force these people to clean up the rooms after the teams and forfeit their ruddy phone. 

Ignorant, narcisstic xxxxxxxyell

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook