Tour de France

DSB replied on 03/07/2019 11:28

Posted on 03/07/2019 11:28

I don't have a great interest in sport, generally, but I do like to watch the Tour de France - not just for the sport, but for the chance to spot some of the places we have visited in France by looking at the TV coverage.

The Tour starts again this coming weekend.  If you want to know where the tour will take us this year, I'm sure there are various sources.....

Here is the one on Wikipedia...

HERE

and the official one....

https://www.letour.fr/en/stage-1

Happy viewing....

David

allanandjean replied on 28/06/2021 13:33

Posted on 28/06/2021 13:33

For anyone interested in the TDF, and other events, you might enjoy the reporting of Felix Lowe on Eurosport and his Blazin Saddles blog.

His report on stage 2 gave an interesting angle on how 'that woman' should be viewed/judged. 

Takethedogalong replied on 28/06/2021 21:02

Posted on 28/06/2021 21:02

Will take a look A&J. You do see folks at the roadside doing some very stupid things. Not confined to cycle racing either, I once stewarded at BramhamHorse Trials and saw a horse and rider brought down by a stupid ******* with a dog on an expanding lead.

Some shocking crashes today. As someone who had a recurring dislocation of the shoulder, however G got back onto his bike I do not know😱 Excruciating pain. Roglic has gone to hospital with a suspected broken coccyx, and poor Caleb Ewan didn’t get up at the end, taken away straight to hospital. Fingers crossed they are all ok🤞

Wherenext replied on 29/06/2021 20:22

Posted on 29/06/2021 20:22

That man has given me more joy in the last decade than Englands footie team in the last 5 decades so his win today was just brilliant and regardless of other results the highlight of the day for me. 👏

ABM replied on 29/06/2021 22:05

Posted on 29/06/2021 22:05

WN,  I think it was the highlight of the past three or four years for M. Cav  as well { Not often one sees a winning pro sportsman in floods of tears like that  !!   }

DSB replied on 30/06/2021 08:12

Posted on 30/06/2021 08:12

Hi folks.  It rather looks as if this thread may have moved on from 'Tour de France 2019', so I think it might be the right time to edit the title to take out the year date.  This way, we can roll on the thread and others may join in the 'more current' conversation, without the thought that the thread might just be about the 2019 season.

All good wishes

David

allanandjean replied on 30/06/2021 08:24

Posted on 30/06/2021 08:24

Hi David, Good decision!

We watched England win and, what a pleasant  surprise that was, but to then see Cav winning was the icing in the cake!

Have spent a while this morning looking at Eurosport videos etc and what come comes across is the joy of the other riders that he won.

Clearly this was down not just to his utter determination but the total commitment of his team in getting him into a position to do his stuff.

The last time he was in green we were in France following the tour and saw him win on the last day on the Champes Elysee which will be a lifelong memory.

ABM replied on 30/06/2021 08:29

Posted on 30/06/2021 08:29

Thank you David, good to see that certain Original Posters keep a weather eye out for their aging posts  wink

Cheers 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook