Tour de France

DSB replied on 03/07/2019 11:28

Posted on 03/07/2019 11:28

I don't have a great interest in sport, generally, but I do like to watch the Tour de France - not just for the sport, but for the chance to spot some of the places we have visited in France by looking at the TV coverage.

The Tour starts again this coming weekend.  If you want to know where the tour will take us this year, I'm sure there are various sources.....

Here is the one on Wikipedia...

HERE

and the official one....

https://www.letour.fr/en/stage-1

Happy viewing....

David

Takethedogalong replied on 06/07/2021 16:43

Posted on 06/07/2021 16:43

Absolutely awesome ride, perfect team effort. Those last few kilometres were brilliant to watch, chess on bikes. Wonderful scenery as well, we watched most of the Stage live, (raining here). Such infectious mischief about the team as well at the end, much like the old HTC Columbia team. Fingers crossed now, 🀞🀞🀞🚴‍♂️

nelliethehooker replied on 06/07/2021 22:01

Posted on 06/07/2021 16:43 by Takethedogalong

Absolutely awesome ride, perfect team effort. Those last few kilometres were brilliant to watch, chess on bikes. Wonderful scenery as well, we watched most of the Stage live, (raining here). Such infectious mischief about the team as well at the end, much like the old HTC Columbia team. Fingers crossed now, πŸ€žπŸ€žπŸ€žπŸš΄β€β™‚οΈ

Posted on 06/07/2021 22:01

Not a lot more I can say, as you've said it all, tda. Could this be the week? He has to get over Mont Ventoux twice tomorrow, which may present a bit of a challange!!

Takethedogalong replied on 07/07/2021 14:44

Posted on 07/07/2021 14:44

Fingers crossed Cav survives the mountains. Adds an extra element to the race this year, his “comeback” and that possible new record.

Wherenext replied on 09/07/2021 18:50

Posted on 09/07/2021 18:50

Hats off to the Sprint King.

I know he's had a bit of good fortune this year, firstly just getting into the race, but hasn't he seized his moment with both hands and now stands, as if he didn't already, as one of the greatest participants ever to have raced in the TdF.

Take a bow Mark Cavendish.πŸ‘πŸ‘

Takethedogalong replied on 09/07/2021 18:55

Posted on 09/07/2021 18:55

Yes, a stunning comeback, I suspect the team have learned a lot from him being there as well. Fingers crossed now🀞 All the more remarkable given how old he is now, sprinting is usually for those slightly younger. Hope he gets through the mountains to ride in Paris.

nelliethehooker replied on 09/07/2021 21:01

Posted on 09/07/2021 21:01

Hopefully he will be able to complete the next couple of days in the Pyrenees and then after the rest day yet more mountain stages before he has a chance to break the record on stage 19, and if not then perhaps on the final day in Paris. He certainly is the king of TdF sprinters.

Pliers replied on 09/07/2021 22:13

Posted on 09/07/2021 22:13

Absolutely brilliant from Cav again today. Fingers crossed he’ll be in Paris wearing that green jersey….πŸ™‚πŸš΄‍β™‚οΈπŸ™‚πŸš΄‍♂️

ABM replied on 09/07/2021 22:15

Posted on 09/07/2021 22:15

Brian is wondering how many Riders will be presenting themselves to the Nursing/pharmacy squads for the removal of  chunky splinters from that blooming forest they fell into today  

oo  oo ah  ouch, that hurts  oo stop it ouch,  now can I have a softer saddle please  embarassed   ?   

Takethedogalong replied on 12/07/2021 11:49

Posted on 09/07/2021 22:15 by ABM

Brian is wondering how many Riders will be presenting themselves to the Nursing/pharmacy squads for the removal of  chunky splinters from that blooming forest they fell into today  

oo  oo ah  ouch, that hurts  oo stop it ouch,  now can I have a softer saddle please  embarassed   ?   

Posted on 12/07/2021 11:49

I think some of them are simply made out of wood Brian. Hard men indeed. Having suffered from a recurring shoulder dislocation, before having it finally pinned and spliced into place in my mid 20’s, how anyone can do what Geraint Thomas has done, and climb back on a bike after have a shoulder put back, and continue on for hundreds more kilometres simply beggars belief.
It was interesting yesterday as well hearing a bit more about Chris Froome’s horrendous crash. Ineos were apparently instrumental in making sure he received the best possible medical care. It was actually said that he could have lost his leg to amputation at one bit, his injuries were so bad. It’s marvellous seeing him rolling along enjoying himself again. It must be the first Tour he has ridden where the crowds aren’t abusing him, spitting on him, throwing urine at him every now and then. He was certainly being applauded warmly as he rolled through some sections.

Meanwhile......fingers crossed now for Mark Cavendish to finally overtake Eddy Merckx record number of Stage wins🀞🀞🀞

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook