What have you seen

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:48

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:48

I can't see the original sticky so will start a new thread.  Saw nearly 30,000 knot on Breydon Water yesterday.  Great weekend at Minsmere, Otter, Kingfishers, Bitterns, lots of Marsh Harriers

RedKite replied on 30/06/2022 11:41

Posted on 30/06/2022 11:41

Had 2 male Golden Orioles flying around our field and then a parent Kestrel female flying around with 2 young Kestrels and a Broad Bodied Yellow Underwing female moth on my car bonnet all in the space of 1 hour lovely to see and a yellow theme what is next.

Great photos Oneputt will have to go down by the river Lot or Cele to see Kingfishers and that was the name of our last place in Somerset and I forgot to bring the name board with me as a friends daughter did it for us as she was good at art heyho but do have some photos of it.

Oneputt replied on 30/06/2022 12:01

Posted on 30/06/2022 12:01

Golden Orioles are still a relatively rarity here although there were a couple in North Norfolk earlier this year but they seemed to disappeared.  Still we live in hope 

Takethedogalong replied on 02/07/2022 13:45

Posted on 02/07/2022 13:45

Saw a Hummingbird Hawk Moth yesterday, at local Nursery. Haven5 seen one for a while, always interesting.

brue replied on 03/07/2022 19:27

Posted on 03/07/2022 19:27

Local birds today. Lots of Bluetit hatchlings on the feeders, counted 8 at one point. Young swallows being fed on the telegraph wire. Most odd, our weather vane had a lightning hit! It has left a bare shining steel patch surrounded by soot! Glad none of us were nearby.

Wherenext replied on 06/07/2022 16:49

Posted on 06/07/2022 16:49

Didn't set out to specifically look for birds today but we managed to see a magnificent Goshawk flying just above the tree canopy at Mount Grace Priory today. Fascinating as a couple of minutes later we also saw a Sparrowhawk and the difference in size was quite marked.

Having coffee we saw a Spotted Flycatcher going about its business of catching flies.

nelliethehooker replied on 06/07/2022 21:44

Posted on 06/07/2022 21:44

Yesterday when out walking by the site I heard what I took  to be a shepherd whistling his sheep dog rounding up sheep, although it seemed to be coming from different directions. I turned out to be  Red Kite, being harassed by a couple of crows.

ABM replied on 06/07/2022 22:34

Posted on 06/07/2022 22:34

Second Attempt  yell

Took delivery today of a stock of wild bird foods ~~ darn nearly gave myself a hernia getting it all into the workshop ( shed ) and thence into relative storage tubs.  Having done that I decided to clean and refill all the feeders as well as the bird bath. To recover, I had a light lunch and watched some Wimbledon as well as Tour de F  but found that a load of cobbles.

Gentle snooze to avoid watching Evening News then went for a stroll round the estate  wink but truly, the only things I saw were a series of empty bird feeders and a  Half Dozen or so chubby little starling chicks  snoozing on my workshop roof.

Oh,  there are times .............

nelliethehooker replied on 08/07/2022 21:40

Posted on 08/07/2022 21:40

Good day out today. Lots of Red Kites, Buzzards and Ravens seen our morning walk then after lunch we parked up with a view of the Osprey's nest at Llyn Clwyedog where we could see the parents flying round and perched up on the camera post, and also see at least one of the chicks exercising it's wings. I could really have done with a high powered telescope to get a better view, but made do with my bins.

HelenandTrevor replied on 12/07/2022 22:34

Posted on 12/07/2022 22:34

Visited the WWT Steart Marshes this afternoon,  not much about apart from a group of 7 Heron's on one of the islands and a lone Shelduck.

However walking back we were lucky to get some great views of a  Male Marsh Harrier and then a Kestrel just by the car park.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook