PMS sensor

Swiftsail replied on 20/06/2022 13:52

Posted on 20/06/2022 13:52

Our new 71 plate Fiat/Swift panel van has a faulty PMS sensor. Only done 2000 miles, still under warranty and we're waiting for the part to repair the problem.

Has anyone got the same problem/had the same problem. How long is the wait time for the part?

Very frustrating. Had to cancel two short breaks already and there doesn't seem to be the option of a 'courtesy' leisure vehicle whilst we wait. 

Anyone any encouraging comments.

Hayden

Tinwheeler replied on 06/10/2023 21:04

Posted on 06/10/2023 21:04

My apology, Buglies, I’m having a confused day. I muddled two of our vans. The first needed an EGR valve - the failure of which sends you into limp mode. The second (2020) van needed a new PMS sensor - failure of that normally means your emissions are high but you can usually carry on driving for several miles. The stop/start system is automatically disabled when a fault occurs.

Tinwheeler replied on 07/10/2023 10:39

Posted on 07/10/2023 10:39

Buglies, my earlier post has been removed because I quoted yours which showed your telephone number.

The crux of my post was to say it’s a common problem and we only managed 30 miles from the dealership when we collected our new 2020 Ducato before this fault occurred. The outcome was that a new sensor was fitted under warranty by the local Fiat Professional garage. At 7000 miles it doesn’t surprise me that you’ve had the same issue but I guess you’re out of warranty which is hard luck.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook