Your 2024 Caravan and Motorhome Plans

RowenaBCAMC replied on 03/01/2024 10:34

Posted on 03/01/2024 10:34

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas holiday and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy New Year! 

What are your caravan and motorhome plans for 2024? What holidays do you have planned in your 'van? Is anyone looking to buy a new caravan or motorhome or visiting a show to look at new outfits? 

I have a week in Cornwall planned in August and I'm also hoping to go to ClubFest with my family. I'm still looking for a small caravan that will fit three (me, husband, seven year old son - oh and our dog). We mostly sit out in the awning in the evenings and we're out all day so we're not looking for anything too big. I'm hoping 2024 will be the year we find our perfect caravan! smile

eribaMotters replied on 03/01/2024 11:38

Posted on 03/01/2024 11:38

We bought a new van last summer and managed a month in France with a couple of tester breaks before the big trip. For 2024 we would like to get away more and so far have our month in France planned with 2 weeks each on Il de Oleron and in The Loire. Crossings were booked last year as soon as prices came out and we have one site booked and the other will soon follow. At present it would seem there are some very temping deals abroad with 14 days for price of 10 showing in June at many sites, so we are about £13 a night in some places that are 4 star rated. Interestingly the C&MC is coming up trumps on this particular early bookings, beating direct booking with the site on an ACSI rate. We also have a couple of UK breaks lined up.

Like you Rowena we spend our time out of the van and were drawn to Eriba's some 20 years ago as we did not want a large van or the large car to tow it with. If you do not need a full size bathroom I can recommend the Eriba range, but have a look at the Feelings, which are highly underrated in the UK. They are a LOT cheaper and the build quality far better than Tourings. With the low profile design they tow amazingly and you will have realistic payloads of up to 500kg for a families needs. 

Colin

GEandGJE replied on 03/01/2024 12:38

Posted on 03/01/2024 12:38

I have two music festivals booked so far for this year, LoveRocks in June and the Cambridge Rock Festival in July. There’s nothing better than getting back to the comforts of your van after a day in a festival field. Also booked a three week tour in July with a few days at Ferry Meadows, then onto the Norfolk Show, followed by a week at Pinewoods, Wells-Next-the-sea and then Commons Wood on the way home.

Our main holiday this year is six weeks to Australia during Feb and Mar. Flying to Sydney for a week, then the Indian Pacific Train from Sydney to Perth, is a bucket list trip for me and I blame Michaël Portillo and his amazing train journey TV programme and then four weeks in Perth staying with our daughter..

Wherenext replied on 03/01/2024 13:24

Posted on 03/01/2024 13:24

In the Spring of 2022 we had a smashing 5+ week tour of the Netherlands. We had intended to go again last year and "fill in" the blanks but health reasons precluded it.

So we hope to able to go this year but still up in the air. If it falls through then we'll make do with either a tour of Wales or Scotland. Health will decide what we do.

MikeyA replied on 03/01/2024 15:20

Posted on 03/01/2024 12:38 by GEandGJE

I have two music festivals booked so far for this year, LoveRocks in June and the Cambridge Rock Festival in July. There’s nothing better than getting back to the comforts of your van after a day in a festival field. Also booked a three week tour in July with a few days at Ferry Meadows, then onto the Norfolk Show, followed by a week at Pinewoods, Wells-Next-the-sea and then Commons Wood on the way home.

Our main holiday this year is six weeks to Australia during Feb and Mar. Flying to Sydney for a week, then the Indian Pacific Train from Sydney to Perth, is a bucket list trip for me and I blame Michaël Portillo and his amazing train journey TV programme and then four weeks in Perth staying with our daughter..

Posted on 03/01/2024 15:20

six weeks to Australia during Feb and Mar. Flying to Sydney for a week

I'll keep an eye out for you. laughing  Sydney is a great place for just wandering around and taking in the sights. If you would like any suggestions then just ask.

DavidKlyne replied on 03/01/2024 15:21

Posted on 03/01/2024 15:21

Not sure they counts as plans but we have a few days booked towards the end of March and a week booked in October. Margaret is making murmurings about a cruise so whether that will materialise this year or next I don't know. We had thought about a return tour of the North East but we will see.

David

LLM replied on 03/01/2024 15:23

Posted on 03/01/2024 15:23

We are off to France / Spain / Portugal in a week or two not returning until April. 

Then it's a bit of home time and short trips in the UK - avoiding over priced sites 😉. 

Then off across the Channel again for about five weeks May / June / July.  At least that's plan A 😀.

Wherenext replied on 03/01/2024 15:25

Posted on 03/01/2024 15:25

We're heading to the North East in Summer but taking MiL to a cottage David. Wonderful place. If we lived a bit closer we'd go more often for a week at a time.

RedKite replied on 03/01/2024 15:25

Posted on 03/01/2024 15:25

We have a holiday cottage booked for the Spring in Malvern and will have a couple of short break here in France nothing planned yet.

young thomas replied on 03/01/2024 15:33

Posted on 03/01/2024 10:34 by RowenaBCAMC

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas holiday and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy New Year! 

What are your caravan and motorhome plans for 2024? What holidays do you have planned in your 'van? Is anyone looking to buy a new caravan or motorhome or visiting a show to look at new outfits? 

I have a week in Cornwall planned in August and I'm also hoping to go to ClubFest with my family. I'm still looking for a small caravan that will fit three (me, husband, seven year old son - oh and our dog). We mostly sit out in the awning in the evenings and we're out all day so we're not looking for anything too big. I'm hoping 2024 will be the year we find our perfect caravan! smile

Posted on 03/01/2024 15:33

" I'm still looking for a small caravan that will fit three (me, husband, seven year old son - oh and our dog). We mostly sit out in the awning in the evenings and we're out all day so we're not looking for anything too big. I'm hoping 2024 will be the year we find our perfect caravan!"

My daughter bought one of these second hand (a year old) complete with a large awning. There are the two parents, two children 7 and 4, and a springer spaniel.

the lounge makes up into a double at the front, there are two bunks at the rear, a good wash/shower room and full kitchen with Brit oven etc. also an onboard water tank for a bit of 'non facs' camping.

large front locker for kit and gas etc...a cracking little van.

Weinsberg Cara One 400 LK

re trips...away next week in Somerset with local pals, home for four weeks then off to Spain touring for ten weeks or so...back to the uk for a bit of touring here in the summer then off again in late august/early September probably to France or Italy for 4-6 weeks. Usual bit of winter uk stays....etc, etc...

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook