Your 2024 Caravan and Motorhome Plans

RowenaBCAMC replied on 03/01/2024 10:34

Posted on 03/01/2024 10:34

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas holiday and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy New Year! 

What are your caravan and motorhome plans for 2024? What holidays do you have planned in your 'van? Is anyone looking to buy a new caravan or motorhome or visiting a show to look at new outfits? 

I have a week in Cornwall planned in August and I'm also hoping to go to ClubFest with my family. I'm still looking for a small caravan that will fit three (me, husband, seven year old son - oh and our dog). We mostly sit out in the awning in the evenings and we're out all day so we're not looking for anything too big. I'm hoping 2024 will be the year we find our perfect caravan! smile

moulesy replied on 03/01/2024 16:01

Posted on 03/01/2024 16:01

Not "Caravan or Motorhome" plans, admittedly, but ...

For the past 12 months or so, we've had to plan trips taking into account Lady's relative lack of mobility. So we look for areas where there is reasonable walking where one of us takes Ralph and we meet up half way and swap dogs or where there are shorter walks that he can do twice (he doesn't seem to regard that as a hardship!  wink)  We've been down to the static in Cornwall most months and that won't change.

2024 looks as if it will be the same and so far we have two cottages (Cotswolds & Peak District) and two new to us hotel breaks (Rutland & Staffordshire). 

We've found some remarkable bargains booking the hotels through Pet's Pyjamas and, by stocking up on their occasional offers of 10% off vouchers, can make those breaks even more affordable ... which reminds me, I've just got to get Mrs M to agree to another place I've just spotted! smile

KjellNN replied on 03/01/2024 20:25

Posted on 03/01/2024 20:25

We want to make plans, but I am waiting for a small operation, so it is tricky.

Ideally we were hoping for York at Easter for a week, with DD and the 2 grandchildren, then over to Wales to  visit friends, and maybe home via the Lakes......3 weeks in all.

No caravanning plans for summer as yet, we are supposed to be going to Norway for my sister's 80th birthday, but may go somewhere in the caravan afterwards. 

Could be a trip in September/October too.

nelliethehooker replied on 03/01/2024 21:13

Posted on 03/01/2024 21:13

We're still out on our current trip, with a week to go. Much too early for us to book anything for 2024 yet, but do have a few ideas, Scotland in the spring possibly, maybe Yorkshire before that and perhaps Wales and onto the South West after that.   Just waiting for some time without so much rain!! 

cyberyacht replied on 04/01/2024 08:41

Posted on 04/01/2024 08:41

The only thing booked so far is a couple of nights at Morn Hill in March to take advantage of the freebie night which brings to cost down to a sensible figure. As for the rest of the year, I may later in the summer head back to Dumfries & Galloway having had to abort the 2023 trip half way through due to a family bereavement. The jury is still out on this year's foreign trip. Andalusia or Denmark? Depends who wins the arm-wrestling.

I have, at least, caught up with last years holiday admin. I've now uploaded my trip to Aquitaine, the Basque country and Cantabria to YouTube. If you want some armchair touring during the dark nights you can get it HERE.

My previous trips are on my YouTube Channel

HelenandTrevor replied on 04/01/2024 18:06

Posted on 04/01/2024 18:06

We haven't got much planned so far, a weekend in the Cotswold's to celebrate OH'S birthday in January and another weekend in April booked to celebrate mine. 🙂

Just hoping to get more trips this year as last year we unfortunately didn't get away as much as we would have liked. 

Francis replied on 04/01/2024 18:18

Posted on 04/01/2024 18:18

We have a few plans for this year but nothing booked yet. Hoping to get a weekend away local within the next couple of weeks then hoping for a week or so in Blackpool in March. Won’t be away at Easter this year but hoping to get away early May maybe over to Berwick and then at the end of May a 4-5 night break possibly in the Lakes or maybe up to Stonehaven. Our main summer trip at the moment should be three weeks in July either in Kent or Somerset but at the moment we are edging more towards Kent. Hoping to get a lot of weekends in then a winter 10 days or so either in York or Chester. Hope all these plans come to fruition and we can enjoy a good years touring 

Takethedogalong replied on 05/01/2024 17:04

Posted on 05/01/2024 17:04

Double whammy at the moment for us☹️ Can’t do more than a couple of nights anywhere, mainly because of my caring duties, but like you M, we have an ageing pooch, and he’s struggling more than a couple of nights in MH, so we do localish places, and split our walking. Once he’s walked, we then both head off for a bike ride, or if we need to, one goes out while other stays with him and then we swop. That said, we have two nights at two Club Sites booked, both for steam railway treats, Burrs CP, and Bolton Abbey. Got three concerts/comedy acts booked, a day at the Manchester Velodrome as well. Hey ho….we carry on😁

Tammygirl replied on 06/01/2024 13:05

Posted on 06/01/2024 13:05

Nothing booked at all MH wise. 

Plans are very loose, probably towards the second half of April we will head off to Europe. Idea would be to try and do the trip we had planned last spring but had to change plans at the last minute due to flooding and landslips in Italy.

Drive down to Calais then across the top of France and down into Switzerland, from there into Italy and then Slovenia, Austria, Germany then up into Holland for the return ferry from Rotterdam. 

That's the very loose plan which will all hinge on if we find a nice house to move to.

Haven't started serious looking yet as we head off to Lanzarote for 3 weeks in a few weeks time. If we find something we like we will work around that with trips in the UK possibly the Scottish islands until we can get across to Europe. 

Metheven replied on 06/01/2024 22:25

Posted on 06/01/2024 22:25

Eight weeks all of May and June. Starting with the ferry from Hull, east toward Hanover then a  southern direction towards Austria, wend our way eastwards and down into Slovenia. No destination as such just stopping however short or long dependent on weather and location. Returning to the Netherlands for 5'ish days to sightsee a few windmills on our bikes, before taking the ferry back to Hull.

After that it will be a few locations in our own country, and a river cruise on the Seine. Last year we did the Rhine and the Danube river cruises, thoroughly enjoyed them, not too big and not too small.

DaveCyn replied on 09/01/2024 16:57

Posted on 09/01/2024 16:57

Never advertise you're travelling plans in advance!

It's not only your friends who browse forums like this. Plenty of low-lifes dig through them and some have the ability to hack your details to get your address!

If you really HAVE TO tell everyone about your travels at least wait until you're back home!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook