Problems making a booking not seen these for a bit

SteveL replied on 21/10/2021 16:28

Posted on 21/10/2021 16:28

I have been trying to make a booking this afternoon and keep getting the Lego men. Clearly they have been brought out of retirement due to staff shortages.πŸ˜€

nelliethehooker replied on 06/10/2022 19:29

Posted on 06/10/2022 07:24 by SteveL

Works well enough on an iPad. I think they must have done most of there testing on Apple devices, as there seems to be many less issues raised than for Android.

Posted on 06/10/2022 19:29

But surely the app is intended for I-phone, the majority of which have Android operating systems. Again an introduction of something that has not been properly tested so that they can grab as much cash as they can in the shortest possible time. 

Vulcan replied on 06/10/2022 22:06

Posted on 06/10/2022 19:29 by nelliethehooker

But surely the app is intended for I-phone, the majority of which have Android operating systems. Again an introduction of something that has not been properly tested so that they can grab as much cash as they can in the shortest possible time. 

Posted on 06/10/2022 22:06

Apple (i phone) is a comletely different operating system to Android.

Vulcan replied on 06/10/2022 23:50

Posted on 06/10/2022 23:50

Just booked a site using the new system for the first time,no problems whatsoever. Downloaded app to Android phone and it is also working, showed my new booking details straight away.

SteveL replied on 07/10/2022 07:06

Posted on 06/10/2022 19:29 by nelliethehooker

Posted on 07/10/2022 07:06

I assume you mean smart phone nellie, and yes I agree it should also have been tested on Android, which clearly it hasn’t. I would disagree that its designed use is a phone though. Although it works adequately on my iphone the filter buttons for sites, CL’s and POI are far to large and get in the way. It clearly hasn’t been thought through how it will work on the small screen. All of which makes me think it was designed about a pad, specifically an iPad, as it works well on those devices. I assume the CC will have figures of what devices folk use and perhaps Apple is dominant and they have concentrated there testing and development there.

SteveL replied on 07/10/2022 13:35

Posted on 07/10/2022 11:43 by cyberyacht

Its biggest flaw, applicable to both iOS and Android, is that it relies on a phone signal that is not always available on remote sites/CLs.

Posted on 07/10/2022 13:35

I think that is rapidly becoming a thing of the past. We are just coming to the end of a tour of the far north of Scotland and I was amazed at how much things have improved. So far I have not failed to get a phone and 4G signal on EE. Even had 5G at Dingwall and North Ledaig. Altnaharra now has a phone signal and good 4G on both EE and O2 and you can’t get much more remote than that.

Hja replied on 07/10/2022 13:58

Posted on 07/10/2022 13:35 by SteveL

I think that is rapidly becoming a thing of the past. We are just coming to the end of a tour of the far north of Scotland and I was amazed at how much things have improved. So far I have not failed to get a phone and 4G signal on EE. Even had 5G at Dingwall and North Ledaig. Altnaharra now has a phone signal and good 4G on both EE and O2 and you can’t get much more remote than that.

Posted on 07/10/2022 13:58

I think it is still very variable. Parts of Pembrokeshire had no signal for us earlier in the year. I accept it can be provider specific, but if you have a device that works in most places you can still have an issue. And I understand there is still no signal of any kind at Clumber Park?

SteveL replied on 07/10/2022 14:19

Posted on 07/10/2022 13:58 by Hja

I think it is still very variable. Parts of Pembrokeshire had no signal for us earlier in the year. I accept it can be provider specific, but if you have a device that works in most places you can still have an issue. And I understand there is still no signal of any kind at Clumber Park?

Posted on 07/10/2022 14:19

Not actually on the site. However if required, good EE and O2 signals are available about 200 metres from the entrance. Or of course you could subscribe to CC WiFiπŸ˜€

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook