Snagging List

cyberyacht replied on 05/01/2017 08:59

Posted on 05/01/2017 08:59

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

This thread is not for discussions. Post ONLY factual information.

To provide a comprehensive list of problems encountered, I would suggest that each post lists only one issue at a time.

Provide details of problem  as concisely as possible.

Operating system, machine used and relevant software. i.e. Macbook/ PC/tablet, Windows XP/ iOS7 etc, Safari/Internet Explorer/Chrome inc version No.

Please do not enter into discussions such as "I've had/not had this problem" as this will detract from the objectivity of the thread. Hopefully this thread may assist the IT department in finding where "all the bodies are buried".

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

EmilysDad replied on 30/04/2020 23:30

Posted on 30/04/2020 23:25 by harryb

With all this mess going on I think we should go into LOCKDOWN from the forum for  while. 

Posted on 30/04/2020 23:30

we could have another maintenance session .... 😏

Tinwheeler replied on 30/04/2020 23:34

Posted on 30/04/2020 23:03 by EmilysDad

but resizing shouldn't be necessary .... it's not anywhere else.

So it's seconds to resize ... seconds to add names to parts of an edited post ....

Posted on 30/04/2020 23:34

I may be wrong and I'm happy to be corrected but I believe CT hosts its own picture posting software thus keeping everything in house, although this does not make for the simplest form of posting. A lot of other forums use a third party host, and some are no easier to use than here, but the use of a third party generally means signing up to more T&Cs and sharing pics. Swings and roundabouts.

harryb replied on 30/04/2020 23:34

Posted on 30/04/2020 23:30 by EmilysDad

we could have another maintenance session .... 😏

Posted on 30/04/2020 23:34

......and don't switch things back on till it's working properly. 

On second thoughts that might take a long time

cyberyacht replied on 01/05/2020 08:40

Posted on 01/05/2020 08:40

The bottom line is that we are into our fourth year with this and the IT function is "still" firefighting. Hardly inspires confidence, does it?

SteveL replied on 01/05/2020 09:19

Posted on 01/05/2020 09:19

My profile now seems to be working again, so that's a plus. However, there are still threads that return server errors and less importantly the Logo is still AWOL.

SteveL replied on 01/05/2020 09:34

Posted on 01/05/2020 09:26 by brue

Do you mean the Camc logo Steve? Because it's all visible on my Android phone?

Posted on 01/05/2020 09:34

Yes I do brue. Is not visible on my iPad.

However, just checked and it is on my iphone.

Perhaps it's just that my ipad is rather ancient and is not now supported properly.🤔

JVB66 replied on 01/05/2020 09:45

Posted on 01/05/2020 09:34 by SteveL

Yes I do brue. Is not visible on my iPad.

However, just checked and it is on my iphone.

Perhaps it's just that my ipad is rather ancient and is not now supported properly.🤔

Posted on 01/05/2020 09:45

It shows on my Samsung tablet and Chrome laptopwink

although i still cannot amend any of my profilefrown

Justin Bricknell replied on 01/05/2020 13:29

Posted on 01/05/2020 13:29

Afternoon all 

An update for you on the current issues - 

The UK Sites issues (counties/regions missing and map search not returning all sites) has now been fixed and all sites are bookable. 

The issues with some missing CT discussions, 15 missing News Stories and some user profiles not loading are still unresolved. Discussions are ongoing over whether to attempt to fix this over the weekend or wait until a planned piece of work currently scheduled for Tuesday evening. 

The above mentioned work is to upgrade a back-end component of the website infrastructure, as a pre-requisite to further upgrade work later this year. Ultimately, when all these upgrade works are complete, the site should sit on a more stable/up to date platform.

For info, this morning's brief outage (pre 8.30am) was not related to any of the above and was in fact a planned code deployment for some new pitch types at a couple of sites, a few bug fixes and some cosmetic changes. The list of these is below - 

• Online Membership join form Continue button
  • I399693 - Spelling error on My Profile page
  • Update UK Site Booking Widget with new Cayton Pitch Type
  • Update UK Site Booking Widget with Tewkesbury MSP Pitch Type
  • Update UK Site Booking on Website with new Cayton Pitch Type
  • RWEB - iPad - Missing Image on success page
  • CC Reskin - Your Quote Table - Monthly Instalment Lightbox text overlaying close button
  • CC Reskin - Your Quote Table - Non Member Journey Hover Colour
  • CC Reskin - Mobile View Tooltip Buttons in wrong place
  • CC Reskin - Your Quote Table - Member Journey Quote Selection Colour
  • CC Reskin - Cover Details Page - New For Old Cover Lightbox Text
  • CC Reskin - Your Quote Page - Non-member Journey Email Confirmation Box
  • CC Reskin - Your Quote Page - Member Journey Saved Quote Confirmation Box
  • CC Reskin - Default Device Keyboard to Numerical
  • CC Reskin - Your Quote Page - Non-member Journey Colour of Membership
  • CC Reskin - Cover Details Page - Yes / No Buttons out of line with data entry fields
  • CSS Issue with Cover start date selector
  • Premium pitch for sale at Cayton

Regards

Justin

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook