Club Internet Charges

misssing replied on 15/02/2021 22:06

Posted on 15/02/2021 22:06

Hi

we've been members for about 3 years now and love, love, love we are truly hooked with the caravan addiction laughing  We love going to the New Forest sites and I have always brought the internet year option which is great and so easy to set up and connect to.  My query is and apologies if this has already been discussed, I have only used a small part of my minutes (due to the obvious ugh foot-in-mouth lockdown) and wondered if anyone knew if the club were extending the minutes into the next year or will I loose them and have to get another year subscription?

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards Claire 

NutsyH replied on 24/05/2021 16:21

Posted on 30/03/2021 15:09 by ScreenName7383FCE0AA

We have a smart TV in our motorhome... what dongle / set up would be best for some internet access?

Posted on 24/05/2021 16:21

Use your 4/5g phone and set it up as a wifi hotspot. Even poor 4g reception will be better than the club wifi.

I do this in conjunction with an Amazon fire stick plugged into the HDMI slot. Works fine on most sites - not Brighton though if you are on EE - no reception

JVB66 replied on 24/05/2021 16:31

Posted on 24/05/2021 16:21 by NutsyH

Use your 4/5g phone and set it up as a wifi hotspot. Even poor 4g reception will be better than the club wifi.

I do this in conjunction with an Amazon fire stick plugged into the HDMI slot. Works fine on most sites - not Brighton though if you are on EE - no reception

Posted on 24/05/2021 16:31

Or Clumber park  and Ashtidge farm  that two we know of with poor phone signal on nearl all networks

msayed replied on 13/06/2021 17:02

Posted on 13/06/2021 17:02

I subscribed to Club WIFI in May when I was at Clumber park site (Silver), and managed to connect and stream TV on and off during my stay. I thought this was due to low quality (Silver) of the WIFI on the site.

Next three of site I had booked based to WIFI quality as described on the Club website to be GOLD, Cayton Village, The Firs and Grafham Water. I did not manage to connect at any of these sites. I rang Air Angel who were not much help either. The person informed me that their WIFI does not support streaming services.

In the end I gave up on the Club WIF and purchased mobile sim and used it as hotspot to stream the TV. 

The information on the Club website is very misleading. 

I can't find any information about cancelling my WIFI subscription as I have not managed to use it.

JVB66 replied on 13/06/2021 17:51

Posted on 13/06/2021 17:02 by msayed

I subscribed to Club WIFI in May when I was at Clumber park site (Silver), and managed to connect and stream TV on and off during my stay. I thought this was due to low quality (Silver) of the WIFI on the site.

Next three of site I had booked based to WIFI quality as described on the Club website to be GOLD, Cayton Village, The Firs and Grafham Water. I did not manage to connect at any of these sites. I rang Air Angel who were not much help either. The person informed me that their WIFI does not support streaming services.

In the end I gave up on the Club WIF and purchased mobile sim and used it as hotspot to stream the TV. 

The information on the Club website is very misleading. 

I can't find any information about cancelling my WIFI subscription as I have not managed to use it.

Posted on 13/06/2021 17:51

I think air angel are correct about not suitable for streaming , as is advised on the clubs WiFi information

SteveL replied on 13/06/2021 18:11

Posted on 13/06/2021 17:51 by JVB66

I think air angel are correct about not suitable for streaming , as is advised on the clubs WiFi information

Posted on 13/06/2021 18:11

That’s not what the club say about their new improved service, which should support streaming. Can’t see it myself, if more than a handful want to stream, but that’s what they put “✓ Streaming movies, checking emails and posting photos is even easier”

JVB66 replied on 13/06/2021 20:39

Posted on 13/06/2021 18:11 by SteveL

That’s not what the club say about their new improved service, which should support streaming. Can’t see it myself, if more than a handful want to stream, but that’s what they put “✓ Streaming movies, checking emails and posting photos is even easier”

Posted on 13/06/2021 20:39

When it is rolled out to all sites maybe? But there are I understand several sites in difficulty when it comes to access to fibre cable supply ,and some still to be connected.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook