Truma ultraflow pump connector leaking!!!

chrislorr replied on 30/08/2020 11:08

Posted on 30/08/2020 11:08

Any advice please?  Setup for the first time in our Bailey Pursuit, connected the water with the pump thingy into the aqua roll. All set up inside following guidelines but when we turn on the water inside, lots of water leaks out of the top of connection on the outside. I have checked the connection and it's sound. Have I just got a dodgy truma ultraflow hose connection? Do they just wear out maybe?  It's a second hand van, this one came with it.

DSB replied on 26/09/2022 17:24

Posted on 23/09/2022 08:51 by Knightonday

If you have a Whale water pump, it might be the hose becoming loose on the inside of the connector. See this video on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyhkkAVTax0

This happened to me. However, I just put some glue on the pipe, relocated it and so far, it has worked.

Posted on 26/09/2022 17:24

It's happened to us too.  We trimmed ours (as in the video), but didn't use glue... it has worked fine since.

Just one thing..... should you unscrew the unit in a sink or shower tray (as in the video), I'd certainly put the plug in the drain hole.  If I did it without the plug, you can guess where the screws would end up..... 🤣🤣

David

T of suffolk replied on 16/09/2023 11:19

Posted on 30/08/2020 11:08 by chrislorr

Any advice please?  Setup for the first time in our Bailey Pursuit, connected the water with the pump thingy into the aqua roll. All set up inside following guidelines but when we turn on the water inside, lots of water leaks out of the top of connection on the outside. I have checked the connection and it's sound. Have I just got a dodgy truma ultraflow hose connection? Do they just wear out maybe?  It's a second hand van, this one came with it.

Posted on 16/09/2023 11:19

We have had this on our new to us Bessecar. The o rings seem to perish very quickly and won’t hold the connector in place. The person we bought it off told us about it and supplied a bag of o rings . We just put a new one on each time it starts leaking. 
also the bottom retaining clip on the Truma socket needs to be properly locking on. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook