Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Watendlath replied on 16/01/2019 11:47

Posted on 16/01/2019 11:47

Still no card (no longer surprised) and not sure I am bothered any longer.

The whole thing strikes me as the biggest debacle the club has had since the chairman ripped the r send off his van on COTY.

Metheven replied on 16/01/2019 12:36

Posted on 16/01/2019 12:36

Have not seen a post from staff member 'ecommerce1' since the beginning of this thread, is he/she in hiding? laughing

PeterR replied on 16/01/2019 13:47

Posted on 15/01/2019 15:34 by RowenaBCAMC

Thank everyone for your comments. It’s great to hear that the refunds are starting to come though. Please be assured, anyone who has been affected will be refunded. If anyone has incurred additional charges directly as a result of this error please direct message us and we will investigate on your behalf. We are taking this situation very seriously and would like to assure you that no member will be adversely affected by this.

For updates and queries on refunds please email PK Fuel Limited accounts@myessocard.com

We are aware that many members are still awaiting cards. As mentioned in my preivous post, the My Esso Card has been very popular with members and PK Fuel Limited has been overwhelmed with tens of thousands of applications. We are working very closely with PK Fuel Limited to ensure they clear the backlog of cards, with a large batch going out this week, and apologise sincerely for the delay.

Posted on 16/01/2019 13:47

My experience of emailing accounts@myessocard.com is not at all positive. I have emailed a question about my card on two occasions and have not received a reply. I'm sorry to say, I think this scheme has not been organised very well and does not look very professional. I will be returning my card, unused to a very amateur organisation.

Surfer replied on 16/01/2019 14:15

Posted on 16/01/2019 11:25 by Navigateur

Lets be fair. I did phone the number given a couple of weeks ago and spoke to a young sounding woman who told me she could not help but would get her boss to phone me.  That very evening around 8pm I got a call from a male (who did tell me his name but I've not noted it down) who explained much the same story as already covered in the thread.

A major point was that they did not make the cards themselves.  The customer information was put on the cards by a outside company that was contracted to do it.  The ESSO card people sent them applicant data and the card maker sent them in return blocks of completed cards, though the cards were not coming back in the same sequence as the data had been sent. All he could say was that the ESSO people were always sending out all the cards they got in.

The discount deal had been offered to a number of organisations' members at the same time so not all being process were Caravan Club; he mentioned "The Blue Light Club" as another.

He told me the prize draw was now extended to the end of January. Not that it will cost them anything more than had it been December.

Posted on 16/01/2019 14:15

Why can't we edit a previous post as all I needed was the last line of the quoted post?

No one has informed us that the prize draw has now been extended to end of January and this is the first I have heard of the date being changed.  We applied early due to this incentive and I am now wondering if it has contravened any regulations surrounding competitions?  Will it be changed again and again until we have forgotten about it?

Also makes me wonder if the prize draw was only for C C members or for all the other organisations whose members also applied for the card?

moulesy replied on 16/01/2019 14:25

Posted on 16/01/2019 14:25

You can just "copy & paste" if all you want is part of a previous post, Surfer.

Avoids the possibility of some unscrupulous so-and-so "editting" a post to suit their needs - not that I'm suggesting for a moment that CT members would stoop to such a level! wink

petekim replied on 16/01/2019 14:28

Posted on 16/01/2019 14:28

My card arrived today ( applied 18/12/18). Interestingly the post mark on the letter is " Tyneside NE/SR Mail Centre".

The question is dare I use it after reading this forum.

I see this particular discussion has only had 30 viewers. I wonder how all the other thousands of claimed applicants are progressing surprised 

Rufs replied on 16/01/2019 14:36

Posted on 16/01/2019 14:36

PeterR

"I think this scheme has not been organised very well and does not look very professional. I will be returning my card, unused to a very amateur organisation"

Agreed but this could be a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face. Returning your card will not necessarily mean they will erase all your debit card details, so you still could be vunerable to a scam etc,i have a card also which I have used twice with no problems, except not receiving email to inform me of the transactions, but you can go online at esso card and see your transactions, you must have thought this card could save you money so why not wait until all the fuss has died down and then try it out. I suspect the demand for this card was far greater than anyone imagined hence thousands of applicants hitting a system that was not geared up for so many. I saved £10 on 2 fill ups, esso card v shell my nearest garage, esso garage is 1.5 miles further away.      

Tinwheeler replied on 16/01/2019 15:16

Posted on 16/01/2019 15:16

"I see this particular discussion has only had 30 viewers. I wonder how all the other thousands of claimed applicants are progressing"

Take no notice of that. The figures are rubbish.

Bakers2 replied on 16/01/2019 15:47

Posted on 16/01/2019 15:16 by Tinwheeler

"I see this particular discussion has only had 30 viewers. I wonder how all the other thousands of claimed applicants are progressing"

Take no notice of that. The figures are rubbish.

Posted on 16/01/2019 15:47

This is the 400th post so folks must be reading and that alone us more than 30 viewer so that's already more reads πŸ˜‰.

I've never seen these figures, not bothered, I just read the posts πŸ˜‚

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook